2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The New vs Refresh Debate

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Ya know, I'm just going to delete my original comments. I reread this thread and it's pretty much useless to argue with those set in stone. I hope they figure it out before I buy one. My neighbor just built a NEW house and used the same shingles I recently REFRESHED my 45 year old home with. I guess he just got a REFRESHED one... especially since the studs he used were probably from trees grown 40 years ago.
lol....

heres a good read

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6221030/...ing/index.html

Last edited by harleydude78; 11-19-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Suspended
If its all new, then obviously Ford didn't do well enough of a job.

Since, to most individuals on the street, it just looks refreshed.

Public says refreshed, it's refreshed.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
That is a good read. So does this mean that the 2009 f150 maybe the future of f150's to come.

Also i had to adjust your wording dlenkewich as you made a few errors

Originally Posted by dlenkewich
If its all new, then obviously Ford didn't do well enough of a job.

Since, to a few Last gen individuals, it just looks refreshed.

Last gen owners says refreshed, it's refreshed.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 PM
i think it means that until ford turns things around there will be even more parts sharing and ways to make new cars cheaper. they are not doing well financially and are doing what they can to push new product while trying to break even financially.

i guess since the 09 f150 has sync and the 08 focus had it the 09 f150 must not be a new truck. i guess the 2010 mustang is a refresh too according to some on here....

its a all new f150 according to ford. ill give them the benifit of the doubt. i guess if anyone feels so strongly that its a refresh they should sue for false advertising.....

Last edited by harleydude78; 11-19-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by harleydude78
i think it means that until ford turns things around there will be even more parts sharing and ways to make new cars cheaper. they are not doing well financially and are doing what they can to push new product while trying to break even financially.

i guess since the 09 f150 has sync and the 08 focus had it the 09 f150 must not be a new truck. i guess the 2010 mustang is a refresh too according to some on here....

its a all new f150 according to ford. ill give them the benifit of the doubt. i guess if anyone feels so strongly that its a refresh they should sue for false advertising.....
the 2010 mustang is nothing but a new camaro mashed up with the body of the current mustang. [IMHO looks like a piece of **** photoshop.] Explain to me how this makes it all new?

All new is something you havent seen before. Ok, so there's a lot of new **** in the 09 f150, still looks similiar to the old one. How is that all new?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
like i said, given fords current economic situation, i will give them the benefit of the doubt. this might be how things are done for the foreseeable future to help curb cost and get them back to making profit. you should read the link i posted in post #61. so it uses a doorskin from the 08. who gives a crap. what if the all new 2013 f150 uses the same windshield wiper motor as the 09? will that disqualify it too?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Good read, indeed. I think, however, as long as Ford keeps up with 7 different trim levels, 29 different configurations, 15 different wheels thing, they will never make money. It's just stupid. None of the successful import manufacturers sell this way. Make three trim levels that have minimal packages available. If you want the Lariat, you get all the power and leather. If you don't want leather and power, step to the XLT, and if not, go XL. Make one or two "packages" available to add key options to each trim level and that's it. The Lariat "Total Package" could include navigation, heated/cooled seats, power running boards, etc., while the "Plus" has rear sensors, rear camera, moonroof, etc. The same wire harnesses could be in each truck, and YES, that's just a cost each truck has included.

The manufacturer could "play" with numbers all day long to make the costs attarctive to each trim level. Who really give is Ford makes more on a Lariat than an XL? Adjust accordingly. They have all the data.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that IF I want the moonroof for $995 and the reverse camer for $450 I have to buy the "Lariat Gold Package", and pay an additional $500 because it includes the reverse sensors and the heated seats. I'm sure there are alot of studies out there that show most people who buy "X" also want "Y" and "Z". Why else would Ford have developed this Fast Turn Order stuff in the order guides?

Quick Reply: The New vs Refresh Debate