2004 - 2008 F-150

Alignment after leveling

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment after leveling

So I went down to the tire shop to have my truck aligned(was pretty bad) but after the technician had told me that they were not able to adjust camber But with that being said I really didn't believe it, he suggested a camber kit which I don't know too much about. My truck does have a very slight angle of camber, so should I go with getting a camber kit? Thanks

Old 05-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have the dealership align it.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Or an offroad shop.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Bnsf4
So I went down to the tire shop to have my truck aligned(was pretty bad) but after the technician had told me that they were not able to adjust camber But with that being said I really didn't believe it, he suggested a camber kit which I don't know too much about. My truck does have a very slight angle of camber, so should I go with getting a camber kit? Thanks
What he was likely meaning was that the bolts are at the end s of the slots and eiter the slots need to be made longer or special camber bolts are needed, maybe both.

If you aren't sure what he means, have him explain the "why".

Camber and toe are the two most important aspects of alignment when it comes to tire wear, with caster being more important in directional stability going down the roadway and willingness to return to straight ahead and killing wander.
All three work together when set right to make a truck more fun and safer to drive and save those tires.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by tbear853
What he was likely meaning was that the bolts are at the end s of the slots and eiter the slots need to be made longer or special camber bolts are needed, maybe both.

If you aren't sure what he means, have him explain the "why".

Camber and toe are the two most important aspects of alignment when it comes to tire wear, with caster being more important in directional stability going down the roadway and willingness to return to straight ahead and killing wander.
All three work together when set right to make a truck more fun and safer to drive and save those tires.
While this is true, there's some reasons to not just run out and buy them.

Most of the time a truck doesn't need them to be aligned, but a tire shop will say you need them because they can both charge you for the parts and install and it makes it easier on them.

Quick Reply: Alignment after leveling