2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally - good pics and new mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking great. Glad to know mine isn't the only one out there with the egg crate grille swapped out for the H bar... Looks awesome against white!

Not sure, but I think I have seen your truck around. You anywhere near the Clear Lake area?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbhost
Looking great. Glad to know mine isn't the only one out there with the egg crate grille swapped out for the H bar... Looks awesome against white!

Not sure, but I think I have seen your truck around. You anywhere near the Clear Lake area?
Thanks, I really love the H bar and I got it already painted black with a black surround for $50 (black surround made it look like a work truck though, so I mixed and matched). Some of the best money I've spent. And I'm not a fan of aftermarket grills. I'm in Sugar Land in SW Houston. But I drive to Pearland every once in a while and to Baytown for the drag strip, so you may have seen me!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694

My bank account has been victimized as well! I have no objection to spending money if I'm gonna keep the truck for at least 10+ years ( or indefinitely). But once the mods bill eclipses what I paid for the truck in the first place, I at least want to have gotten my money's worth out of it! Don't want to have something pop up that forces me to sell her. And the stuff in doing could lead to maintenance nightmares down the road as well . . . But f**k practicality!
I'm in the same boat. I just haven't decided if i wanna keep my truck or upgrade to something newer with less miles..
Who thinks about the future any way. I'll let my future self deal with it ha..

Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by thelariat02
I'm in the same boat. I just haven't decided if i wanna keep my truck or upgrade to something newer with less miles..
Who thinks about the future any way. I'll let my future self deal with it ha..
Hopefully my solution to that will be buying a Mustang GT down the road. Daily that, and keep the truck around.

How many miles do you have on it?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:28 PM
She's only got 140,000.
I'm one of those people that likes to keep it changed up.
I found a nice mustang gt by me just can't justify having two vehicles right now.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 PM

She's only got 140,000.
I'm one of those people that likes to keep it changed up.
I found a nice mustang gt by me just can't justify having two vehicles right now.
But "justifying" something is being logical and practical! I get sentimental and I'm afraid that I'll end up with a ranch full of every vehicle I've ever owned . . . I'd like to keep the second vehicle rotated frequently enough that it stays reliable and "new," but I just don't know. I hope I don't get attached to the Mustang too!

I also hope that wife/kids/life/money don't force me too get rid of either. And I only have 1/2 of those 4 things right now!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm the same way. I want a few different vehicles and i can see myself retired with a garage with like ten different vehicles.

Let me guess wife/life. No money and no kids haha

Also this mustang to be exact
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/4022450894.html

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 PM
i really like the emblems in red. but i did see the thread on here where a guy painted his new ones white to match his white truck and that look great as well. good luck deciding haha

Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM

I'm the same way. I want a few different vehicles and i can see myself retired with a garage with like ten different vehicles.

Let me guess wife/life. No money and no kids haha

Also this mustang to be exact
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/4022450894.html
My dad has a 2007 GT, and a good friend has a 2005 with full exhaust and it sounds amazing! I love that body style, much better looking than the current gen imo. And sorry, I meant like 1/2 of one! I have no wife, no kids, AND no money haha. But I suppose I've got a life, to an extent!

Originally Posted by jdeacon
i really like the emblems in red. but i did see the thread on here where a guy painted his new ones white to match his white truck and that look great as well. good luck deciding haha
I saw that thread too, and that's I couldn't decide if I was gonna PTM or leave them alone when I got them. The red ties in with my taillights enough that I think it's fine. But if/when I PTM my bumpers and get truly dedicated to an only black and white color scheme, I'll probably PTM them. I'll have to get them to be an exact color match to be happy though

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM

My dad has a 2007 GT, and a good friend has a 2005 with full exhaust and it sounds amazing! I love that body style, much better looking than the current gen imo. And sorry, I meant like 1/2 of one! I have no wife, no kids, AND no money haha. But I suppose I've got a life, to an extent!
Ha me too I've got a girlfriend sucking away what little money i do have

Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 AM

Ha me too I've got a girlfriend sucking away what little money i do have
Sorry, don't know how I missed your post!

But gosh, that's why I got rid of my girlfriend! Too expensive and took too much time/focus and money away from my real baby.

(None of that is really true or a reason why I broke up with her, but I'm just gonna tell myself that!)

Old 09-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Ya just keep telling yourself that ha.
If my gf ever found out my truck was number one she would flip.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 AM

Ya just keep telling yourself that ha.
If my gf ever found out my truck was number one she would flip.
Oh, I make that clear REAL early! My ex would always ask which I missed more, her or my truck, when we were away from each other for a couple days. She took it as the utmost in compliments whenever I lied and said her

I'll openly tell anyone that my truck is my baby. Now that I'm back at school, I make sure that I check on her at least once a day, usually more. And I search for pretty much any excuse to drive somewhere. Good thing too, cause I found out on Tuesday that my 23 month old battery was fried in a non-urgent situation because I wanted to drive. I also found that I have an intermittent case of the wonderful "radio won't shut off with key removed and door opened." I love electrical gremlins cause I can't fix stuff that I can't see and don't understand . . .

Old 09-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Ya i dare not to let her know. I would hate to see the end consequence if she found out. Ha..
I thought she woulda figured it out by now but she hadn't caught on yet ha.

I love taking my truck out for random drives. Its just a nice way to get away from things. Its my "happy place" to quote happy Gilmore. Luckily tho i haven't found any problems on those drives yet.

Last edited by thelariat02; 09-01-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope I don't get attached to the Mustang too!
You will. Matter of fact, you may lose interest in your truck and enjoy the Mustang too much.

My daily driver is a 2003 Cavalier LS Sport 2dr 5spd.

I bought it for its awesome mpg, its good looking factory looks, and high reliability. It saves more than half the gas my truck burns, and it saves my truck from racking on miles, its soul purpose. After having it for a few months, I want to tint it, get a Vibrant exhaust kit, a short throw shift kit, Eibach ProKit 1.5" lowering springs, Koni lowering struts, swap to a '00/'02 trunk with an '01/'02 Z24 spoiler, and aftermarket smoked taillights, and retrofits... I like the little thing just as much as my truck, I don't know why.

The mod bug sucks! Cheaper to have just one vehicle, or actually, just all around cheaper to stay off forums!

Though, now that I have a designated DD, I will gladly give up my truck to have one of these again,

Quick Reply: Finally - good pics and new mods