2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally - good pics and new mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks man, my buddy shall get me his ford employee discount!!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by RANGERansom
thanks man, my buddy shall get me his ford employee discount!!
Sounds like a nice hook-up you've got there! I ordered mine from a dealership on eBay.

I think I may have already told you, but I used pics pf your truck to decide whether or not I liked the appearance package badges on my white truck, along with the HD-style heads with clear reflectors.

I want PTM bumpers so badly too. Just can't decide whether or not do PTM soon, or hold out until after a lift to do full replacements, cause I don't want to do both

Last edited by KMAC0694; 10-02-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:53 PM
ya, you told me about the badges, i dont have clear reflectors on my headlights, although i want them, those headlights came stock on the FX2, the tails however, did not match so i had to buy the harley tails for that "factory" look. i loved everything about this truck style, thats why i bought it. all i had to do was match up a few items and drop her altitude, lol

you know they make white plasti dip, and it sticks to the chrome very well. that should hold you over until you can sell or trade for white bumpers...

ya, thankfully my buddy gets a discount through ford, he hooked me up on the tail lights and the badges, and a few other parts for my ranger as well...

Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 PM

Huh, I don't know who's I looked at for the heads then! But I did think you had swapped the reflectors out, guess I can't tell from the pics cause the amber light was always on. I too bought this body style specifically because I thought it looked great and would age well compared to a 97-03, or 09+ (though I would've been stretching it a bit buying one of those). Harley tails are on the very long to-do list. I have dark smoked ones, which I got for free, but they're just too ghetto looking for my taste, even though they came smoked so they aren't nightshaded and actually look nice.

I did know about the white plastidip, but for whatever reason never thought about doing it . . . huh! I know it isn't going to be a perfect match, which I'm a huge stickler about and is partly why I want aftermarket steels bumpers cause I wouldn't ultimately be happy without an entire respray to get every piece matching exactly, but I think I might just try that out. 8 or 10 cans max I think would do it, just to get a general idea for them.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 10-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
front and rear bumpers shouldnt be more than 5 cans... yes it will be a bit off shade, but it will give you an idea of what it will look like and help you get it off your mind for the time being... washes easy too!

yep, i have stock, un modded headlights except for my AST bulbs, lol. and i too cant stand any of these ghetto smoked or shaded lenses... looks really hood!! especially here in H TOWN DAWG!!!! lmao

Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 PM

Hey, 5 cans is even better. I think I'm gonna do it for the hell of it! I keep getting the mod "itch" and it's driving me crazy haha. And I've yet to test this, but I may do the PD and then paint on top of it with actual color-code patching paint cause a neighbor has a make-shift spray booth in his garage. That'd be cool to really test it out and have it still be removable. Wish the damn chrome would just take paint well haha

H town brutha! The expanse of suburbs and communities around Houston is crazy, it's huge.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 10-02-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 AM
ya man, i was gonna say to spray some matching paint on top of it if you wanted to, just prep it very well so the dip sticks, alcohol wipe and micro fiber cloth FTW!!!

tell me about it, im over here in spring/woodlands and the new grand parkway expansion is being built right down the street as well as exxon mobil's huge development too... should help my property value sky rocket!!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 AM

Prep definitely makes all the difference when painting anything. I'm gonna pick some up this weekend. Gotta take my bullbar off, but I may be tempted to leave it off haha.

Every time I drive from Sugar Land, where I'm at, out of the area, I swear the suburbs keep stretching farther and farther out! Any time construction helps property values, as opposed to hurting them, I'm in favor of it!

Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 AM

Finally got these suckers wired up! I'm pretty pleased with the amount of light they give off. Excuse the iPhone pic quality, again . . . They're with my headlights off in the 2nd and 3rd, and I don't know about the 1st.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Wow! Those are actually quite impressive!I'd like to see a video and walkaround!!

Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 AM

They're brighter than I expected for sure! For the location of the second two, it was completely dead dark. I can do a video if I can figure out how to post one, or just do it via YouTube

Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 PM
go get some plasti dip at home depot bro!!! LOL

call first and see if they have white in stock, lowes should have it

Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 PM

Home Depot has it, as does Lowe's! I have cans in the back of my truck right now, it just won't stop raining! Sunday is looking like the earliest I can do it. I've been itching to do it for a week now . . .

Old 10-16-2013, 08:07 PM
lol, ya man whats up with this rain every week now? i put my ranger to store on the side of my house and the poor thing is getting pummled...

Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 PM

I have no idea! God knows we need it desperately, but not all at one time! We got 5" up here Friday or Saturday and some stuff got flooded out (but my calculus labs for the week got canceled )

Quick Reply: Finally - good pics and new mods