2004 - 2008 F-150

OK so NOW I got a good one....2006 screw

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mlamprey
Congrats on the new ride, it sure is a pretty one.
Ignore the negative comments. Their just jealous !
It is a shame that mtylerb and SoonerTruck can't look past their assinine arrogance and be happy for you instead of being insulting .
If they don't like your choice HID's, let them put some money where their big mouths are so you can buy something they would approve of.

PS. I like the grill !
Not jealous at all. I did congratulate him on his truck, it's a very nice one. I just expressed my extreme distaste for the illegal HID's that everyone throws in their vehicles. They're, in my opinion, ugly and cheap looking. They're also disrespectful to every other driver on the road, but nobody cares because their own lights don't affect them.

Originally Posted by OIF Vet27
Yea it is very well taken care of..was instantly in 'love' lol... it wasnt his daily more like the family vehicle so everything was in very good shape.. When I do the minor dings and scratches ima give a very intense detail to really bring out the quality.

Am definately hooked to the truck now.... Slowly but surely ill get where I want it to be.

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS..IVE been lurking, reading, and asking about all type of things and everyone is very helpful... This forum is great
The intent of my posts are not to imply that you must do what I say, they are simply an expression of a passion of mine. I'm slowly working on getting the illegal plug'n'play HIDs dealt with up here and have had a couple taxi companies fined over their use. The taxi company can even lose their license to operate if they fall outside the legislation for vehicle equipment regulations.

Municipal bylaw fines for those cars and drivers, not the companies, range upwards of $1000. I'm amazed how quick they disappear when I see that same taxi a couple days later with proper halogens installed.

Back to my original post, like I said it is a very nice truck and I do bid you my congratulations.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Smile

Beautiful truck, the chrome all works together .... damn if I'ld make big changes there.

I am another that dispises the use of cheap (and illegal here) HID kits in stock housings not meant for them. That's not a "negative" on the vehicle, it is a beautiful truck. If the intent was to install worn out bald tires on it in place of good ones because of some strange local fad, I'ld feel much the same and comment likewise.

Last edited by tbear853; 04-15-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
were all happy that you have a nice and good running truck now but i just want to ask you a couple questions. what is it exactly you like about pnp hids? the color you can obtain or the fact you THINK there brighter?

Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM
About the tear in the drivers seat: You can go to Colorglo.com and see if there is a local franchise in your area. I am not sure, but that section is vinyl? or some leather like substance? They repair leather, vinyl, or fabric. I had the seats in my king ranch restored by the local guy here in denver and I am very happy with the result. The work will most likely done at your home as mine was and my seats look like new. I might even say, better than new. Pics in my gallery for those who are curious. And no, i am not affiliated with them.

Btw...very nice truck.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by MMutch6923
About the tear in the drivers seat: You can go to Colorglo.com and see if there is a local franchise in your area. I am not sure, but that section is vinyl? or some leather like substance? They repair leather, vinyl, or fabric. I had the seats in my king ranch restored by the local guy here in denver and I am very happy with the result. The work will most likely done at your home as mine was and my seats look like new. I might even say, better than new. Pics in my gallery for those who are curious. And no, i am not affiliated with them.

Btw...very nice truck.
These seats are fabric..Definatelly going to check out that site. Thanks.

Already have my sub
Should have the tv in this weekend
And oredered a box from supercrewsound but they still havent shipped... Anyone know if they normally take long to ship out.

Quick Reply: OK so NOW I got a good one....2006 screw