2004 - 2008 F-150

I <3 car shows.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I <3 car shows.

A really nice day, lot's of gorgeous girls walking around, HotWings What more can you ask for.

Best is Class (2000 and later truck)

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 10-29-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Graphics Contributor
me too. All the shows and nights are done for here though, too cold. Im already looking forward to march!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Old 10-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Ill put you to shame here soon!! we'll divide and conquer these things, Ill take make a wish for ya!

Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Shouldn't you have been in "2000 and Later"? How many other trucks where in your class?

Here are some pics of mine last Sat....1st place "Future Classics". There were 14 cars in my class including 3 GNs and a Shelby GT500 and several C5 Vettes.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Ill put you to shame here soon!! we'll divide and conquer these things, Ill take make a wish for ya!

After throwing that much money at it I'm sure you will.
Sure wish I could!

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 10-29-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T

Holy wheel gap! Just ragging you man, car looks good, but could be a little lower IMHO. Or maybe a little more rubber on the tires... Nice color, tho.

Jolly Green: Congrats on the win at the car show. You got a great looking truck. I wasn't too keen on the camo at first, but its growing on me and it really works on your truck. Keep up the good work.

Trending Topics

Old 10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Here are some pics of mine last Sat....1st place "Future Classics". There were 14 cars in my class including 3 GNs and a Shelby GT500 and several C5 Vettes.
Slick car. I don't know jack about pontiacs though. What makes it rare?

GT500....didn't see it but I hate those cars like vette, SSR, GT500, etc... where people just go to the dealership, write a fat check for a brand new car, leave it stock, throw it in a show and walk away with big awards. ESPECIALLY best of show. imho if you have a new vehicle it needs at least a couple mods to qualify for an award. Classics are something completely different of course.

Went to one a few weeks ago and two of the top awards went to a bone stock 2007 ferrari.

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 10-29-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Any pics of the GN`s. I wish I would have never sold mine. Congrats on the win.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by ford141
Holy wheel gap! Just ragging you man, car looks good, but could be a little lower IMHO. Or maybe a little more rubber on the tires... Nice color, tho.
Yeah...I KNOW, I KNOW. I have an Eibach Pro Kit in the shop I am trying to find time to get put on. That will drop it an 1.5 and it should look perfect.

Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
Slick car. I don't know jack about pontiacs though. What makes it rare?

GT500....didn't see it but I hate those cars like vette, SSR, GT500, etc... where people just go to the dealership, write a fat check for a brand new car, leave it stock, throw it in a show and walk away with big awards. ESPECIALLY best of show. imho if you have a new vehicle it needs at least a couple mods to qualify for an award. Classics are something completely different of course.

Went to one a few weeks ago and two of the top awards went to a bone stock 2007 ferrari.
Its one of only 302 WS6 M6 cars made in Sunset Orange Matalic. To give you a comparision they made 2500 of the yellow and black Collectors Editons and you know how rare it is to see one of them.

I guess opinions about what makes a show car a show car are wide ranging. IMO I would much rather see a nice ultra clean "newer" RARE car such as a Z06 or GT500 than a bunch of cheaply modded common cars. I for one don't think stickers, a CD player and window tint make a show car (but some colored wire loom on it and thats a different story!) And as far as that goes what defines a "Classic"...I wouldnt say its age. Is a Pacer a classic? I say its the cars rleative raritiy and desiability...so IMO a GT500 is a Mondern Classic.

Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Any pics of the GN`s. I wish I would have never sold mine. Congrats on the win.
Funny you asked...I am actually seriously thinking about buying this one (I drove it yesterday and its tight!) Its an 87 with some very minor bolt ons, the interior is 100% and it only has 38,000 miles. He is asking $19,800 for it but will take my jeep and $11K...I offered my jeep and $10K yesterday. If he will meet in the middle I am sure I will own it by next weekend.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah...I KNOW, I KNOW. I have an Eibach Pro Kit in the shop I am trying to find time to get put on. That will drop it an 1.5 and it should look perfect.
Nice, that would look sweet, the stance should be perfect then. I've always been a firm believer that the right wheels, tires and stance will make any car look good. You shouldn't be disappointed with the Eibach kit, a friend of mine has put them on his last 3 cars, the stance is awesome and the ride is great for a lowered car.

Its one of only 302 WS6 M6 cars made in Sunset Orange Matalic. To give you a comparision they made 2500 of the yellow and black Collectors Editons and you know how rare it is to see one of them.
Wow, Ram, I didn't realize that that was the factory color. I kinda just assumed that it was a custom color because I have never seen one in that color. Once again, awesome color!

Is a Pacer a classic?
How many pacers do you see any more? They are very rare nowadays, maybe not the most desirable, but very rare. BTW, last months Hot Rod featured a pacer with a 4.0L Jeep swap. Pretty cool for an ugly car... I see your point, but just about any vehicle from the '70s is rare around here (pa) due to tight emissions laws and rust.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
After throwing that much money at it I'm sure you will.
Sure wish I could!
How do you find out about these shows? ive never even heard of half of them around here . .are you havin to shell out much cash for entry fees?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
cost is one Rize part per show information.

Nah, most info comes from the shows. people talking about the next one, etc...

Most expensive one was $35 and the cheapest one was free. havn't been to alot of them though. But, that seems pretty standard. A lot depends on the "freebies" dashplaques, t-shirts, etc...

Old 10-29-2007, 03:27 PM

In that case I wont be able to get much info. .

I probably wont be doing that many shows anyway, I mean anybody can lift their f150 with a bolt on kit right? nothing too special about that to most ppl. .

Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Funny you asked...I am actually seriously thinking about buying this one (I drove it yesterday and its tight!) Its an 87 with some very minor bolt ons, the interior is 100% and it only has 38,000 miles. He is asking $19,800 for it but will take my jeep and $11K...I offered my jeep and $10K yesterday. If he will meet in the middle I am sure I will own it by next weekend.

Good luck, I had the t-tops and digital dash. Had to sell mine after a year because everyone was trying to steal it. I couldnt drive it any where. I had a friend who had his stolen out of his locked garage.

Quick Reply: I <3 car shows.