Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zune

anyone running it in their trucks

no one can hardwire mine in yet

Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM
i believe my brother has his in his truck (06 Screw). he bought a wire harness for it or something. maybe i can get him to post in here...

Old 06-10-2007, 02:08 PM
was it hardwired? or is it that fm transmitter?

Old 06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
any descent aftermarket will have RCA inputs. That's how I run my Zune and Zen. Otherwise use a FM transmitter or if you have old school cassette use the cassette adapter.

I-Pod sucks lol

Old 06-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Impact9
any descent aftermarket will have RCA inputs. That's how I run my Zune and Zen. Otherwise use a FM transmitter or if you have old school cassette use the cassette adapter.

I-Pod sucks lol
they do, i have a Zune and it kicks my dad's 30GB I-Pod's ***, more people have I-Pod because of those stupid-*** commercials

Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Actually, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Zune sucks. I had an opportunity to try out a Zune, and I was not impressed. Of course it's going to blow away a 30GB iPod, those came out 2-3 years ago. Let's be fair and compare apples to apples. Compare a Zune to the iPod that came out around the same time and you will see the iPod blows away Microsoft's wanna-be in every department. Ease of use, check. Battery life, check. Hard drive space, check. Sound quality, check. And on and on and on...

I am not talking manufacturer specs either, I'm talking real-world figures.

This is of course, just my opinion. Oh yeah, IBTMTGD. In before the move to General Discussion,

Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
Actually, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Zune sucks. I had an opportunity to try out a Zune, and I was not impressed. Of course it's going to blow away a 30GB iPod, those came out 2-3 years ago. Let's be fair and compare apples to apples. Compare a Zune to the iPod that came out around the same time and you will see the iPod blows away Microsoft's wanna-be in every department. Ease of use, check. Battery life, check. Hard drive space, check. Sound quality, check. And on and on and on...

I am not talking manufacturer specs either, I'm talking real-world figures.

This is of course, just my opinion. Oh yeah, IBTMTGD. In before the move to General Discussion,
X2....Ipods kick ***....just wish i had a newer one...i had a 3rd Gen....and sold it..had a iriver H10 that was really nice...got stolen...now im MP3 player...less.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:53 AM
I seen too many I-Pods die just from friends and co-workers that own them. I really perfer my Zen Vision over both I-Pod and Zune.

Anyways I think the only reason nobody has manufactured a car adapter for the "pick your mp3 player" to i-pod adapter interface is probably a leagality thing. There's a monoply on the MP3 interface front.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Everyone I know that has made the switch form i-pod too zune has been a very happy camper.

Only complaint I hear is the zune doesnt have an easy way to organize songs as the I-pod.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
i believe my brother has his in his truck (06 Screw). he bought a wire harness for it or something. maybe i can get him to post in here...

That's me!

I run a Zune in my truck. I bought an FM Modulator that you hard-wire into the stereo via the antenna jack. You have to have 12V constant and a ground for it. I found a open plug on the fuse panel, slapped a connector on the wire, found a ground, and away I went.

The modulator uses RCA stereo plugs and has a (i believe) lighted fancy switch. I don't use the switch though- I keep it on all the time. I hid the modulator box behind the glove box and all I have is the 1/4" plug and cable hanging out of the glove box. It works real well, but not as well as the AUX-input cable for my Pioneer head unit in my Cherokee.

Here's the setup I have in my F-150:
http://www.amazon.com/SoundKase-FMMO...1598755&sr=8-1

Last edited by BlueScrew150; 07-07-2007 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: zune