2004 - 2008 F-150

silverstar fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverstar fog lights

has anybody had a problem with moisture getting in there fogs and blowing the new silverstar bulbs

Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by richardwhiten
has anybody had a problem with moisture getting in there fogs and blowing the new silverstar bulbs
No. I use dielectric grease not only on the connector, but on the bayonet mounting area & gasket (sparingly) to seal it. I do this on every connector that is exposed to the elements.

Dielectric grease is your friend.

Hope your housing isn't cracked somewhere.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
i should be able to pick that grease up at auto parts store ?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i should be able to pick that grease up at auto parts store ?
Yep. Or the dealer - but they also use it for when they bend you over for reapirs .

Last edited by MGDfan; 03-09-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Moisture, condensation or water in the lense is a result of a poor seal on the fog's assembly... an issue from the Ford factory.

It has absolutely nothing to do with replacing the factory bulbs to Silverstars or whatever and don't let Ford whistle a different tune.

My Ford Service Mngr made this very clear to me after I had the exact problem with my DS fog light recently, and stated that this was a common problem with the 2004-2006 models.... and that Ford had all but fixed it for the 2007 series. I had it replaced under warranty and it's been working fine since. The replacement fog light assembly, he said, was a 2007 stamped model with a new broader rubber seal, which would not pose the same issues.

He was right!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Moisture, condensation or water in the lense is a result of a poor seal on the fog's assembly... an issue from the Ford factory.

It has absolutely nothing to do with replacing the factory bulbs to Silverstars or whatever and don't let Ford whistle a different tune.

My Ford Service Mngr made this very clear to me after I had the exact problem with my DS fog light recently, and stated that this was a common problem with the 2004-2006 models.... and that Ford had all but fixed it for the 2007 series. I had it replaced under warranty and it's been working fine since. The replacement fog light assembly, he said, was a 2007 stamped model with a new broader rubber seal, which would not pose the same issues.

He was right!

thanks i will definitely get them to replace it ... did your guys have it in stock ?

Old 03-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner

He was right!

I had the same problem and was told the same thing.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:43 PM
thanks i will definitely get them to replace it ... did your guys have it in stock ?
Yes.

Good luck.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:06 PM
thanks... ill need it my dealer has some pretty poor customer service... IMO

Quick Reply: silverstar fog lights