2004 - 2008 F-150

Bak Bakflip Multipanel Bed Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bak Bakflip Multipanel Bed Cover

Has anyone seen one of these covers firsthand? I've been looking for a folding cover for some time now and ran across this new cover from Bak Industries. The photos online do not show how it attaches and how it locks. I also visited the Bak website and there is limited info.

http://www.web4jnj.com/rollbak/bakflip.html

Old 02-10-2006, 12:57 AM
I haven't seen this one before, but I've got a fold a cover on mine and I love it. The fold a cover opens from both ends. The front panel folds back one time to let you access the front of the bed and the back folds up the whole way and stacks on the front panel. Pretty easy install and it's pretty water proof. Only a little leakage after a hard rain. If you need to have the whole bed to haul something you only have to undo two bolts and it lifts off. I don't have any pics of it yet but I'd recommend it to anyone.

Marty

Old 02-10-2006, 01:34 AM
I originally looked into that type of cover but quickly looked at different options because of where I live. If you live somewhere that snows or rains pretty heavily I don't think this would be the BEST cover for your area. many hinges and moving parts that may not seal very well can cause water to leak through. Also if there is snow on the back you have a chance of dumping some of it in the bed when you open the cover to get something out. If you live in a nice sunny area that rarely rains or snows , then it looks like it's pretty flexible and accesible. I ended up with an undercover. Good price, easy to get off myself 75(lbs) and it protects over the edges of the truck. Just my opinion.

http://www.versacover.com/

Old 02-10-2006, 09:24 AM
I just bought my undercover but I was looking for a fold-a-cover. Ilike that one.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
I have not seen one of these but my foldacover operates the same except the guides are on top of the bed rails. I can't tell where the guides sit for this model but if you have a bed extender you may want to confirm it will not interfere when flipping out.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 PM
I was looking at both the Fold a Cover and the Bak flip. I liked the Fold A Cover because of the slam lock and the fact that it was accessable from front and rear. Wasnt sure if the Bak did the same. But the Bak had a clamp on install where Fold a Cover drilled holes for attachment. My very good freind has the Fold a cover and the installer did a bad job lining up the rails and he had to re-drill the holes to make it square.

After all that I ended up getting the Roll Bak retractable

Old 03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Anybody seen one of the Bak Flips yet?

I think I've narrowed my searcnh down to either the Advanced folding cover (similar to fold-a-cover) or the bak flip.

On the folding cover I like the fact that you can access the front of the bed by flipping up that section. On the bak flip I like that you have access to the entire bed without removing it at all. In reality though I rarely need to access the front of the bed - plus the sides are so tall that is difficult anyways. But being able to fold the back flip right up vertical behind the window means I'd probably never have to remove it - which is a bonus. Price is similar between them.

Anyways - just wondering if anybody has seen it yet.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Anyone? I hate to be the guneau pig!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by jdew1920
Anyone? I hate to be the guneau pig!
the Bak Flip is a brand new tonneau, i doubt many people have it yet- you could be the guinea pig. they have excellent customer support- ive got a Bak Rollbak, and my end cap on my rails broke (my fault) they fed-ex'd new parts, no charge, the same day...

Old 03-23-2006, 04:44 PM
How much is that Bakflip? I can vouch for that web4jnj link above, I bought a RollnLock from them a few years ago.

currently, I have the 2-panel Advance folding cover on my Screw and like it.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Best price I've seen online is $578 with free shipping. Pretty much inline with fold-a-cover and the Advanced folding cover.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I paid about $540 shipped for my Advance cover almost 2 years ago from carmicdirect.com

Quick Reply: Bak Bakflip Multipanel Bed Cover