2004 - 2008 F-150

Q & A about the Edge product for 04-06

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q & A about the Edge product for 04-06

OK, I to have some questions on this Mod so instead of having three Threads to bounce around to I figured I would start one. Hopefully I dont step on any toes and I hope the people that designed this thing will chime in.
1) How will aftermarket exhaust and CAI affect the tunes?
2) For service work sake should we put the truck back to stock prior to service an if a reflash is done can I install the Edge afterwords as long as it was brought back to stock tune prior to the refalsh?
3) What octane was the number two tune designed for? Iassume tune 3 was for high octane.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Suspended
Question

What about the RPM/Speed limiter?

Old 12-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Thumper,
Go back to the group buys section and look at page 26 post 396. I hope this answers your question

Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Suspended
I'll answer my own question for others. Yes it raises the RPM/Speed limiters.

Here ya go!

http://mysite.verizon.net/nickcliborne/Edge.pdf

Old 12-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jims05Screw
OK, I to have some questions on this Mod so instead of having three Threads to bounce around to I figured I would start one. Hopefully I dont step on any toes and I hope the people that designed this thing will chime in.
I'll let one of the Edge folks comment on this one
2) For service work sake should we put the truck back to stock prior to service an if a reflash is done can I install the Edge afterwords as long as it was brought back to stock tune prior to the refalsh?
This has already been answered somewhere in the group buy. Another one of the Edge folks said that you should return your truck to stock. After you get the truck back you can add the Edge. It might need to be connected to a computer and have the software updated for a newer calibration. They also said it has the ability to capture the calibration so you can email it to them so they can make a tune if they don't already have one.
3) What octane was the number two tune designed for? Iassume tune 3 was for high octane.
Also already answered in the GB thread. Both Level 2 (Tow) and Level 3 (High Performanc) can be set to run on any octane gas you choose. Smeezy has many post about running level 3 with 87 octane. I do believe you can find post where he has upped the octane.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'll answer my own question for others. Yes it raises the RPM/Speed limiters.

Here ya go!

Go me!!

Old 12-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jims05Screw
Aftermarket products (exhausts, etc.) will enhance the tuning.
Yes, you should always put the truck back to stock before you take it to get serviced. Yes, the programmer will still work is you program it back to stock. In fact, once you program your truck back to stock, you could use it on another truck.
Level 2 is designed for 87 octane and Level 3 should be used with 91 octane. Hope that answers your questions!
- Jay Wilhite (Edge engineer)

Old 12-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Question

What about the RPM/Speed limiter?
What about it? We do modify both of those with our tuning, but you can modify each one if you choose.
- Jay

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Craz3D, you need to order it, today is the last day. Just do it and dont look back.

Old 12-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Jay (bbjones56) Thanks for getting on here and responding to some of our questions. I am in the group buy and I've been wondering if the evolution's tunes do anything for lower end rpm improvement, ie., downshifting, better throttle response, and such in the 1500-2500 rpm? Generally these tunes make claims in the 3k+ range, but lower would be great. This would be with an of the levels 1-3.

Also, you mention that aftermarket mods will enhance. In an earlier post MSEmechanic mentioned that Edge "may even" provide adjustments for a particular mod, such as an AFE intake vs. Airaid, Gibson exhaust vs. Magnaflow. Is this in the future? Or is it on the "white board" for possible implementation?

I look forward to getting the evolution. Any helps, FAQ's, and support you can provide on your website for users will be much appreciated!

Merry Christmas :santa:

Old 12-23-2005, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Q) So what is the final cost in the group buy down to and what does it normally retail for?

I will have my XCal2 come Wednesday of next week, I will review shortly thereafter.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:25 PM
How does the unit snap into the POD. Is i easy to remove from the pod for service work? No need to give them any ammunition against me ya know what I mean.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Does anybody know if there is a pdf manual floating around for this thing? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it before my turner comes in.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
Does anybody know if there is a pdf manual floating around for this thing? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it before my turner comes in.

Look at the 4th post.

ThumperMX113 I'll answer my own question for others. Yes it raises the RPM/Speed limiters.

Here ya go!

Old 12-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by js1600
Look at the 4th post.

ThumperMX113 I'll answer my own question for others. Yes it raises the RPM/Speed limiters.

Here ya go!

I was looking for the actual owners manual....not the News Release.

Thanks though.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
There's one for the 97-03 Triton on Edge's website. I would assume its not to different.
I wonder why they don't have one on their site for the 04+ yet...or any mention of the new product for that matter.

Quick Reply: Q & A about the Edge product for 04-06