2004 - 2008 F-150

Q & A about the Edge product for 04-06

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04NickySP2
Remember if you want to connect the edge to your pc you must first install the software by going to the link in the back of the manual. Then you must install the drivers. Then after you install the drivers you can hook the unit up to the usb port.
I didnt, and it worked for me

But this reminds me to call edge back ...

Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asinatra
I didnt, and it worked for me

But this reminds me to call edge back ...
I'm trying to get ahold of them also. I still have a little stutter when holding the gas pedal steady at 45mph and up when in 4th gear. It's almost like it is trying to kick out of OD down to 3rd.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
As I recall, we group purchased something like 60 of these. Many of those were next day shipped to people and I'm sure they have been driving them around for a while now. How about a few more of you chime in with your thoughts on the new boxes? Mine has yet to arrive

Not as many "Oh my god, this thing is awesome!" statements as I had thought there would be. Or is everyone to busy playing with their new toy to review it?

Bill

Old 01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by billindenver
Not as many "Oh my god, this thing is awesome!" statements as I had thought there would be. Or is everyone to busy playing with their new toy to review it?

Bill
This thing is omg awesome. The increase in driveability is

Old 01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I received my Edge on Saturday, but because of the holiday I didn't even open the box until yesterday. I had it installed and on the street in about 15 minutes, and I'm in the group of people who think this thing is AWESOME! Easy to install, works great, great price, what more could you ask for! My truck drives like it should have in the first place. What a great toy!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by billindenver
As I recall, we group purchased something like 60 of these. Many of those were next day shipped to people and I'm sure they have been driving them around for a while now. How about a few more of you chime in with your thoughts on the new boxes? Mine has yet to arrive

Bill
Mine is still on the way (due this Frday as I'm in the Northeast) and because of the holiday(s) and late release of the product just before Christmas guys have been slow to post. I find myself looking every few hours..

Waiting now for the Edge people to give us a softcopy PDF of the manual. That would be great.

Jack

Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
OK, If anybody has trouble getting there edge to connect to their computer let me know. Just got off the phone with a tech and he walked me through it. He said there is an issue with the software and there working on a fix. Some work fine while some don't. The ones that don't you just have to follow a different set of directions to install the drivers.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Has anyone downloaded the software from the website? The link in the manual doesn't work for me.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
Has anyone downloaded the software from the website? The link in the manual doesn't work for me.
Make sure it is exactly like in the manual. Here it is anyways.

Edge lightning software

Old 01-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by hmfic
Make sure it is exactly like in the manual. Here it is anyways.

Edge lightning software

thanks

Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I've already posted how much I like this thing, but I just wanted to throw out something for any Ford people that have occasion to browse this website. I have been driving around the last few days and have been monitoring the Engine Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, and Trans Temp. How hard or expensive would it be to just add the same features to a vehicle that say has the tow package. The sensors are already there, it's just a matter of a means of broadcasting the information through some means on the dash. Anyone who tows would value the above information.

Also, I had no idea how much longer it takes the engine oil temp to come up. The coolant temp will come up to normal long before the oil temp. Good to know when towing or going WOT. Explains why the fuel mileage goes down in winter. Takes alot longer for the oil to warm up.

Just some thoughts since driving around with the unit on the dash.

Have fun with yours.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
I've already posted how much I like this thing, but I just wanted to throw out something for any Ford people that have occasion to browse this website. I have been driving around the last few days and have been monitoring the Engine Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, and Trans Temp. How hard or expensive would it be to just add the same features to a vehicle that say has the tow package. The sensors are already there, it's just a matter of a means of broadcasting the information through some means on the dash. Anyone who tows would value the above information.
I agree--while I like the Edge's tuning (I'm currently using Level 2 until I burn through my current tank of gas, then I'll try Level 3), IMO the most useful feature of this unit is the ability to monitor the engine parameters. However, there is one feature I'd really like to see Edge Products add: an instantaneous MPG readout (similar to the ScanGuage).

Edge engineers, what do you think?

Old 01-03-2006, 05:46 PM
However, there is one feature I'd really like to see Edge Products add: an instantaneous MPG readout (similar to the ScanGuage).

I took a 400 mile trip over the weekend, unpluged the edge and pluged in my scanguage just for the trip computer and mpg readout.

Sure would be nice if my Edge Evolution had a trip computer.

Hint. Hint.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I have had a little trouble with my unit...when i installed it it came back with an error code 0xF1... i just got in touch with edge tech support and they will have to customize a program for me...i wonder if they will put this as an update... they said it may be something to do with the year and fx4's??? i have no idea what that means but no beta testers has this problem.. i hope they hurry up so i can tune my truck. all i have been able to do is monitor the gauges on it and play with the colors... anyone else have this problem??

Old 01-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Mine's not supposed to arrive until Thursday, but once I get it hooked up and check it out, I'll let y'all know how it feels.

Quick Reply: Q & A about the Edge product for 04-06