2004 - 2008 F-150

Satellite Radio Shuts Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio Shuts Off

Brief Summary of Problem:

Get in my truck....Start the engine....turn on my Skyfi2....Drive.....get to destination.....turn off truck (leave Skyfi2 on).....finish task at destination (various lengths of time).....get back into my truck....Skyfi2 is still on....Start the engine.....Skyfi2 shuts off.....@#%$^##$@, I can no longer "rewind" my radio to listen to songs I missed...

Question to Members:

Has anyone figured out why the PnP satellite radios will turn themselves off when you start the vehicle? My Skyfi2 never used to do this when I first got it (and post P.I.E.)....nothing has changed that I can think of and this is getting really annoying.....I know that this issue has been discussed in the past, but I do not recall anyone proposing a solution....any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Old 12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Does no one else have this issue?

Old 12-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
Does no one else have this issue?
no, I'm not allowed to put my sat radio in until Dec 26th (Christmas presant, so I have to act suprised when I open it) but I'll let you know if I have the same problem

Old 12-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't see how the PIE could influence this... it's just an interface and supplies nothing to your Sat unit... Not sure on this one bud. Sorry.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
I have a MyFi hooked up to mine. Don't have any trouble at all. How did you hardwire it up? I'm wondering if when you turn your truck on...it's getting a little too much juice and overloading your SkyFi.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I don't see how the PIE could influence this... it's just an interface and supplies nothing to your Sat unit... Not sure on this one bud. Sorry.

agreed....I don't think the P.I.E. would influence this either....but I did not want to say "that nothing has changed" without mentioning the P.I.E......

.....anyway....it seems that when I turn the key....there is some sort of interruption in the electrical to the point that it causes the SkyFi2 to think that it has lost power....thus shuts down........and like I said....I never had this problem before....

Old 12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
I have a MyFi hooked up to mine. Don't have any trouble at all. How did you hardwire it up? I'm wondering if when you turn your truck on...it's getting a little too much juice and overloading your SkyFi.

I hard wired a powerpoint to the existing powerpoint wires behind my dash....

Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Not sure if this helps...was reading my owners manual, there is a setting thats shuts off Skifi2 radio after "X" amount of minutes. It under the menue settings. You can set the time, or turn off the feature.

Last edited by jdwheels@cox.ne; 12-05-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
This may not be the case, but something to check:

When you go to start the engine, all the accessories are turned off during cranking, then restarted, right? If you don't have the setting turned ON in your SkiFi2 for Auto-On/Auto-Off, the SkiFi2 may be thinking that it was manually turned off by you, and therefore not coming back on automatically.

It's worth a try!

Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 AM
jdwheels@***.ne:

The auto shutoff would not be the issue. I could have my engine shut off for a long time or a few minutes (my auto shutoff is set for 4 hours)....

heybeermantx:

I turned this setting on (it was off)....my SkyFi2 will still toggle on/off during start-up....thus losing all the stored memory....though this feature will be pretty useful for initial start-up (did not know it was there).....it still does not address the issue of my accessories being turned off......

....the odd part is....is that this issue is not present 100% of the time.....sometimes my accessories will turn off during restart and sometime they will not.....there is no "pattern" as to what makes it work and what does not......

Old 12-06-2005, 09:26 AM
I would make a post over at xm411.com. I had some questions about MyFi when it was installed in my former mustang and those people over there know a thing or two about XM.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks FX4 Guy....I will look into that site...

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Shuts Off