2004 - 2008 F-150

Engine toast at 3000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That kind of stuff happens with such a high production # vehicle.

Hey. Fords giving you a new engine. GM/Dodge would tell you that you used the wrong oil and that you are screwed.

I have owned 8 ford trucks and they have kept my loyalty. I bought a 92 Bronco in 94 and they put a new transfercase in it because I complained of chain lag, which is prefectly normal. (I didnt know that at the time)

Old 11-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Personal opinion on this. If the truck with the defective motor was taken back to the dealer it was purchased from, the dealer should provide a loaner of some type as part of their customer service program. Many times the sales department will cover it if the service department is being "difficult". If not the selling dealer, then they definitely have no obligation, legally or morally to provide more than what Ford's warranty will pay for.

A scenario like this is one reason people go for the extended service plan. It covers the rental car and any Ford dealer will honor it without any BS.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I love this place.....

Add rental insurance to your auto policy.

I'm pretty sure some Insurance expert will be along shortly to correct me on why "rental insurance" is useless.....

Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=kelmvor]

Nowhere when you bought your truck did it say you get a free loaner car. So just give it up already....everything does not have to be free.
QUOTE]

actually when I bought my truck. the contract with my dealer did say they'd give me a loner any time I had to bring it in for service...

So maybe nothing said it when YOU bought your truck, but you didn't buy my truck so how could you speak for me?

and actually, I do believe that I could get a loaner from the drycleaners if I poured on the charm enough..

Old 11-16-2005, 12:42 PM
and actually, I do believe that I could get a loaner from the drycleaners if I poured on the charm enough..

Maybe so, but why would you want to weat someone else's dry cleaned drawers?

Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
So it was in your best intrest to drive the vehicle after oil as already been lost ?
Uh,...*maybe* he put oil in it prior to the trip to the dealership? I'll give him that much credit.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 PM
if it's a warranty issue, you don't pay for a rental.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by crownvic
Att: KELVMORE...FYI, the Dealer gets paid very well from Ford for providing a loaner to a customer
That is so true! Very well in deed.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by RandallT

Maybe so, but why would you want to weat someone else's dry cleaned drawers?
If you have a pair of double D's

Old 11-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by kelmvor
it boils down to this

FORD and YOU {(the buyer) entered into a LEGAL contract when you purchased the truck.

NOWHERE did it say they would pay for a rental vehicle while it was being fixed.

Sorry, but you KNEW when you bought it that there was no free rental program.

But if they want to be nice and help you out, then it's UP TO YOU to find those few nice dealerships that go out of their way to fix you up.

Oh, and 40k trucks and 40 dollar shirts are the same. Price does not determine the "seriousness" of the need for freebies.

You guys are just BITCHIN' about not getting a free lunch....enjoy your new engine

ummm... the engine he had was NEW.
Yeah you are not entitled to a free rental with the basic 3/36 warranty... but you also expect to not have to replace an engine after 3000 and you also do not expect them to have your truck for a week.

Quick Reply: Engine toast at 3000 miles