2004 - 2008 F-150

Engine toast at 3000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the local consensus here is that Kelmvor you would fit the "half of the morons catagory on this site".

Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by tomlin
I believe the local consensus here is that Kelmvor you would fit the "half of the morons catagory on this site".
Considering you would fit into a lower category quite comfortably, i wouldn't worry about him because you cant even spell category right.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:27 PM
kelmvor, we will all laugh when your truck takes a shi_t on you.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Yes, A lower CATEGORY individual who figures inductive reactance and capacitive reactance, I.E. V.A.R.S. for sizing transformers, generators and switchgear for commercial buildings. Yes, A lower CATEGORY individual who goes around fixing old commercial buildings that have derated neutrals burning up from triplen harmonics being emitted from switching power supplies.(like the one currently in your computer) So I guess by not being a millionare and having to work every day it makes me a moron.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
You girls have got yourself a good cat fight going here...

Old 11-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
Considering you would fit into a lower category quite comfortably, i wouldn't worry about him because you cant even spell category right.

Excellent point, post it in the spelling bee forum......

Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I know this is from the first page,

BUT,

To the dude that has his wife take the truck for service, and she gets to drive just about any car on the lot for errends:

I bet shes pretty good lookin' too! That will always make a diffrence! maybe I need to send my G-Freind to my dealer W/ my truck next time! She might get more out of them than I can, I guess Im ugly

Thanks for the Idea, Never thought of that, Hell, I don't usally have time to get by there my self anway! She doesn't do hardly do sh*t all day!

Old 11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asinatra
So because he misspelled a word he is a moron? Wow you are much more shallow than I previously thought, and that takes some effort.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 PM
what i love is that if you DARE to have a view-point that doesn't conform to what everyone else thinks, then you instantly get attacked lol

oh wait , i don't care....

Old 11-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by kelmvor
what i love is that if you DARE to have a view-point that doesn't conform to what everyone else thinks, then you instantly get attacked lol

oh wait , i don't care....
Is that all you did is have a viewpoint? It looked like to me you were chastising an individual who posted a legitimate concern. You went so far as to cite this individual as the reason you live in a gated community....what ever the heck that means. So don't play the "aw shucks" I just had a different viewpoint routine.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I believe viewpoint is one word without the hyphen. :santa:

Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 PM
I would expect my dealer to give me a loaner in this instance. Ford Motor Company owes me nothing but a fixed truck, probably a new engine. But my dealer... he needs to earn my business. I live in a small town and I bought locally (at a bit of a cost premium) with the intention that my dealer would work to keep my business, both for service and for future buys. (Not to mention word-of-mouth advertising...)

It's in the dealer's interest to take care of the customers, and even if a dealer has to pay market cost for a rental from Hertz or Avis (which they don't), it's still in his or her interest to take care of me. If you see business (esp. an auto/truck dealership) as limited to a one time transaction, you are (a) a moron, and (b) not going to be in business for very long. If you see business as an ongoing relationship, you're more likely to take care to keep of customers, especially when you've sold them something defective.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Look, having a vehicle that needs a new engine before its first oil change is due is something special. Your dealer should have given you some consideration due to the unusual nature of your problem. Your truck needing a new engine at 3,000 miles is completely Ford's fault, how is it possible for you to neglect your truck at 3,000 miles???

I needed a new clutch pack at 5,000 miles (04' FX4 Screw) and tranny at 25,000 miles (00' XLT Scab), and my dealer didn't hesitate to give me one of their loaner cars. Why do you think I bought another truck from that same dealer after my Scab blew a tranny?

If the service advisor wouldn't help you out, talk to the service manger. If still not help, go to the dealership manager about the situation. I highly doubt they won't help you out if you complain enough about this, but you shouldn't have to in the first place.

I paid $30,000 ($38,000 MSRP) for my FX4 Screw, and I expect them to make things right if it's their fault! If it means giving me a Focus for 3 days to change the rear end out, then so be it.

Last edited by gpaje; 11-15-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
Wow you are much more shallow than I previously thought

You must still be knew around here....

Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Going back to the original post! a defective engine is a ford motor company problem not a dealer problem.... Your dealer is replacing the engine as they should do since they do warantee work for the ford motor company. As far as a loaner is concerned it would be nice on the dealers part to offer you one but surely not a obligation by any means. If you feel that you should get paid back for the loaner then write ford motor company a letter or call them and I would bet that they will pay you back for the loaner vehicle. In any case you will have to ask!

Quick Reply: Engine toast at 3000 miles