Originally Posted by Smok][n
thanks, but u spoke b4 i could mention i have underbody lights :o
Most trucks look pretty good with them.
Any pics?

Old 08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony,
AWESOME GT !!!
My buddy just got one and would love to get some info on your ride IF you have some info on another web-site ????

Thanks !!

Old 08-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by offroadmaniac
Most trucks look pretty good with them.
Any pics?
no, but heres some pics of the them when i had them on my other truck

the front light bar recently got wrecked, so now i have another item to add on the to do list for this truck

btw, love the stang tony

Last edited by Smok][n; 08-27-2005 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Looks good man.

btw, you still selling your nx kit?

Old 08-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by CRF250Racer
Tony,
AWESOME GT !!!
My buddy just got one and would love to get some info on your ride IF you have some info on another web-site ????

Thanks !!

No problem man

Heres the basics:

20" Boyd F09 Powder Coated Ford Black. 20 x 8.5 front / 20 x 10 rear
Magnaflow axle-back
Eibach Pro Suspension kit

I'm a member over at Stangnet.com; User: 05 BLK-BLK. There might be some more pics over there...

Basically, its just the Eibach suspension kit which lowered the car 1-1.5" and the 20" Boyds that set it off.

Last edited by Tony Denali; 08-27-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by offroadmaniac
Hey Tony,
We need to get some pics of our rides together. Black with Black.

That Denali has got to be one of the best running Denalis i've come across. We were about an even match with my last truck: 5.4 ,chip, intake,exhaust, gears. Even when I had my procharger, he put up a good match......until I got it dyno tuned.
Everyone is quick to bash GMCs, but they sure put up one hell of a race.
Yes, we need to do that. Take some pics of your truck and post them. Do you have a digital camera? If not, drop by and i'll gladly take then for ya.

I still wish you would have gone with black 20's

Old 08-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Tony,
Thanks for the info !!!

Old 08-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Tony,
Thanks for the info !!!
No problem

BTW...what color did he get?

Old 08-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Denali
FYI....at 90,000 miles on my Denali......I've had no issues, save for the rear wiper hose coming loose. The truck has been excellent. Not to bash Fords (I own one) but that has to be the greatest "Open mouth...insert foot" moments ever!
Eh...no open mouth, insert foot moments here...I do more than my share of em, but this ain't one. I wasn't comparing your Denali with my Ford...I know my Ford's been in the dealer more in 22K miles than any other vehicle I've owned (and it's my first Ford...doesn't bode well for future ones...) I'm not a happy camper as far as my Ford is concerned...
I thought the comparison was between your Denali and the Honda Civic... And as far as your GM product being excellent at 90K, make sure you hold onto it, cause they aren't all like that, believe me. I bought a Ford cause I was tired of fixing the GM's I've had (ready for the 3rd engine at 82K)... What a great decision I made there...

As far as your Stang...it looks great...you have any trouble shifting? (I assume you got the 5spd...) The one I test drove wouldn't go into 3rd without a fight, and all I've read says the trannies are excellent. I'd like to think I just test drove a lemon...

Old 08-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by NukePooch
Eh...no open mouth, insert foot moments here...I do more than my share of em, but this ain't one. I wasn't comparing your Denali with my Ford...I know my Ford's been in the dealer more in 22K miles than any other vehicle I've owned (and it's my first Ford...doesn't bode well for future ones...) I'm not a happy camper as far as my Ford is concerned...
I thought the comparison was between your Denali and the Honda Civic... And as far as your GM product being excellent at 90K, make sure you hold onto it, cause they aren't all like that, believe me. I bought a Ford cause I was tired of fixing the GM's I've had (ready for the 3rd engine at 82K)... What a great decision I made there...

As far as your Stang...it looks great...you have any trouble shifting? (I assume you got the 5spd...) The one I test drove wouldn't go into 3rd without a fight, and all I've read says the trannies are excellent. I'd like to think I just test drove a lemon...
No problems going into 3rd....but I have read a few posts over at Stangnet.com where people were having some issues losing 3rd or 5th... But, that what warranty's are for. To be safe, i'll be opting for an extended 72/72. The tranny does feel a bit notchy to me, but from reading other posts....this sounds normal (Kinda gives it that racecar feel ). I'll eventually swap out the stock shifter with a Hurst unit. Hopefully the tranny and clutch will hold out while I'm teaching my wife to drive it...

82K miles and a 3rd Engine? What year vehicle and engine was this? That definetly sounds like a lemon

Old 08-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Not that it matters now after all you brainiacs have argued this to death already, but my old PowerStroke benefitted greatly starting around 2000 RPM as the turbo came up. Actually made passing people a fun thing, because that turbo's whine and the lurch of the truck as that turbo kicked in was addicting. That baby had about 3 times the ***** that this anemic 5.4 3V has.

Still, I think that it would be more beneficial to add a Super Charger rather than a Turbo. But that is just my opinion.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Denali
Hopefully the tranny and clutch will hold out while I'm teaching my wife to drive it...

82K miles and a 3rd Engine? What year vehicle and engine was this? That definetly sounds like a lemon

Nice to hear about the Mustang. I guess I musta drove a POS... Notchy's fine, better than vague (my bro had a '90 Plymouth Laser...couldn't tell what gear you were in...) I learned on a '85 Pontiac Grand Am with a stick...it had a bad clutch when I bought it, so the clutch slip made it nice and smooth, like I knew what I was doing...then I drove a real stick. Whoah, can you say whiplash?

Yeah...the 82K truck was a 1990 Chevy fullsize (My last GM product)...had the baby V-8 (305). First engine went out at 38K, had to scream bloody murder to get in under warranty (block had warped, drank coolant faster than I could dump it in) Same thing happened at 82K...got a 1993 Toyota truck, had 250K trouble free miles (put one clutch in, it still had orig water pump, alternator, etc.) Gave that to a friend who needed wheels and got my Ford. The thing was fine until June-ish (only prob until then was the 4wd going out, one trip to dealer solved it) now it's shake, rattle, and roll. A friend who bought a 2004 F150 (after his new 04 Tahoe had a meltdown in a parking lot) loved it, talked me into buying it...he's had fewer problems in 49K than I have in 22K. I'm sure Ford'll figure it out...still sucks though.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Tony,
Out playing on the truck ... didn't notice the question ...

Of COURSE he got black ... The mustangs looks so nice in black. If I didn't have such a big truck that was tough to keep clean .. I would have bought a black truck !!
After he does some nice stuff to his GT .. I will forward some pictures to you. In my gallery, you can see the Mazda RX 8 that he did ... turns heads everywhere we go and I'm hoping he does something as nice with the new Mustang.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Tony,
Out playing on the truck ... didn't notice the question ...

Of COURSE he got black ... The mustangs looks so nice in black. If I didn't have such a big truck that was tough to keep clean .. I would have bought a black truck !!
After he does some nice stuff to his GT .. I will forward some pictures to you. In my gallery, you can see the Mazda RX 8 that he did ... turns heads everywhere we go and I'm hoping he does something as nice with the new Mustang.
That RX8 is SICK

So is the Blond standing next to it <--- comment will increase your hit count

Yeah, I'm real interested to see what he's going to do to the stang. Is he a member on any forums?

Old 08-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by NukePooch
Nice to hear about the Mustang. I guess I musta drove a POS... Notchy's fine, better than vague (my bro had a '90 Plymouth Laser...couldn't tell what gear you were in...) I learned on a '85 Pontiac Grand Am with a stick...it had a bad clutch when I bought it, so the clutch slip made it nice and smooth, like I knew what I was doing...then I drove a real stick. Whoah, can you say whiplash?

Yeah...the 82K truck was a 1990 Chevy fullsize (My last GM product)...had the baby V-8 (305). First engine went out at 38K, had to scream bloody murder to get in under warranty (block had warped, drank coolant faster than I could dump it in) Same thing happened at 82K...got a 1993 Toyota truck, had 250K trouble free miles (put one clutch in, it still had orig water pump, alternator, etc.) Gave that to a friend who needed wheels and got my Ford. The thing was fine until June-ish (only prob until then was the 4wd going out, one trip to dealer solved it) now it's shake, rattle, and roll. A friend who bought a 2004 F150 (after his new 04 Tahoe had a meltdown in a parking lot) loved it, talked me into buying it...he's had fewer problems in 49K than I have in 22K. I'm sure Ford'll figure it out...still sucks though.
Man, to be honest if I had the issues you've had then I would definetly have the same attitude.

I learned on an 86 Mazda B2000 Can you say ~87 Crank horsepower? I bought the truck with the throwout bearing going bad and I dont think it had enough cajones to completely wear it out...lol. But, I'll tell ya that was a damn good truck. Never put a thing into it. I beat the **** out of it.....had to floor it for normal takeoff speeds.

Quick Reply: Turbocharger for our trucks ???