2004 - 2008 F-150

titan vs. f-150

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ford is the better overall truck, thats why I bought it. I almost had a Titan though, if only they had hada fully loaded one in grey I would be driving Nissan instead of Ford. But they didnt, so I drove the Ford again and fell in love.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by dilleyoshemp
i dont think the f150 gets better gas milage then the titan... lol, maybe better then the hemi but not the titan, thats one thing also, and whats realli funny, and stupid is, how do you figure the 5.4 will be more durable then the hemi and endurance in the titan? based on what, lol, just look how the titans engine is build, a lot stronger then the fords, i could bet ne thing the titan motor will outlast the fords, and all you guys do is complain how the engine came from the factory with the least of its potential utilzed, what a crap excuse, that still doesnt make up for its lack of power COMPARED to the titan and hemi, you guys should stop saying what if, what if it had a 5 speed, what if it weighed less what if what if what if, WHAT IS, is that they made a great truck, but not as good as a titan overall
I believe that I read a Consumer Reports review of all the full size pickup on the market, the F-150 had better average mpg than the Titan, if went Tundra, Silverado, F-150, Titan, Ram in descending order, just follow the displacement, as it went up, the mpg went down. As for the rest of your post, that’s your opinion that the Nissan will be a more durable motor, just like mine was that the 5.4 will be the more durable motor. How about this, we stop complaining and stupid titan trolls like you go back to your own board. Go drive your titan, or unless I miss my guess, go back to looking at the titan pictures you downloaded on your dad's computer while you were supposed to be doing your homework.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:59 PM
oh and by the way, the fact that the F-150 runs strictly on 87 octane and the Titan can run on 91-93 octane suggests to me that its a more finely tuned engine.

Last edited by fatman66; 10-05-2004 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Thing is Fords V8 engines have a history of being dependable, proven through time. Which is lot more than the Titan can or will be able to say for years to come. This is their first big engine! And from everything I have read, its having quite a few problems already. Whats going to happen one year, two years, five or ten years down the line??? Its just not something I would ever want to trust with the way I drive.

~Colby

Old 10-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Over on some of the other message boards I frequent there are two people that had to have new engines installed. One of the Titans was just bought back by Nissan.

blown engine

more good reading

Old 10-05-2004, 03:08 PM
How about this, we stop complaining and stupid titan trolls like you go back to your own board. Go drive your titan, or unless I miss my guess, go back to looking at the titan pictures you downloaded on your dad's computer while you were supposed to be doing your homework.
Werd. Go troll somewhere else fool.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Several posts have been snubbed and the thread is now closed... I think everyone is going to have to agree to disagree.

I think we're 95%+ on having just about every Titan thread that spawned here in 2004/2005 closed because of stupid immaturity and/or trolls. Get a clue folks. Discussion is one thing, hop-skotching across the known and very clearly marked lines is another.

-The Mgmt.

Quick Reply: titan vs. f-150