2004 - 2008 F-150

titan vs. f-150

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i personally dont have anything against the titan, i dont like the looks much myself but i love all the little gadgets it comes with...... Im a ford guy though and im brand loyal so until the day a ford product kicks me in the ***, Then ill change to something else, But until then ill keep on driving fords....... i dislike the Titan owners more than i do the truck, i see alot of vehicle bashing coming from them more than f-150 owners do, i think mostly the f150 guys get deffensive when someone comes along and bashes our vehicle, Titan owners just love to throw that kinda crap out there though and rip other brands apart as if the titan is just the best thing thats ever come along, and trust me, its not the best thing to ever come along......

Old 10-04-2004, 09:20 PM
The quality of Ford is much better. You know, I have to get a picture of this one day.

I am in the military...and in my parking lot alone, we have a Rumblebee, a Titan, a 4x2 R/C S/B HEMI and my 04 F-150.

I have driven and passenger traveled in all of these trucks. I have my personal opinions of all of them.

I personally like the interior of the Dodges alot. I love the CLOTH seats like my old 98 had. I do not like the vinyl style seats we have. The interior of the Dodge seems very roomy as well. I like the way the Dodge sits body wise in refernece to the wheels and so on.

I flat out hate the Titan. I am not being biased for the sake of brand loyalty. I hate the look, the interior, the wheels, the way it sits inside. The whole scheme of it.

Engine wise, the HEMI is WAYYYY Overrated IMO. Each one of the HEMI's I drove were comparable to my R/C S/B 5.4L 3.73 4x2 F-150 in acceleration. Persoanlly, I think the 5.4L is a better performing engine altogether.

However, pound for pound the HEMI is faster by a little bit.

The thing to look at is, the F-150 has SO MUCH MORE potential to perform than the HEMI or Titan do. We have more mods, more accessories and they seem to provide more power in the end.

Stick with your Ford. In the long run it will out-perform the other guys.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:03 PM
the hemi isnt a little faster then the f150 its a fair amount faster

and for the f-150 having more potential?

how many mods would you need to put out the same power to the wheels as a stock titan or even hemi?

Last edited by dilleyoshemp; 10-04-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Not much. Let's see. The Titan is 305 HP....we are 300HP. The HEMI is 345HP.

Like I have said before, both my buddy who owsn his R/C S/B HEMI and my buddy who owns a TItan raced me at the track and I beat both of them in my R/C S/B 5.4 4x2.

I have driven these trucks. They are not a fair amount faster. Dude, this has already been discussed. The only think killing us is weight, and gearing. We are heavy with 4 speeds. They are light with 5 speeds. Plus, we are de-tuned.

A QC 4x2 HEMI is running a 15.9-16.0 1/4 mile. An extended cab 4x2 5.4L is running a 16.3 1/4 mile.

They are OVERRATED by far. I guarantee I can put a tuner, intake and exhaust on my truck and easily beat a R/C S/B HEMI with a 3.92 diff and 17" wheels.

My best 1/8 mile is 9.95@71.5mph. That is around a 15.3 sec 1/4 mile. The tested R/C S/B HEMI with 3.92 diff and 20's ran a 15.1 in the 1/4.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Whats important is what the cars dyno to the rear wheels. The Hemi is overrated. They dyno very low. We out pull them. Plain and simple, we out pull every comparable truck.

As I have seaid before, I liked alot of things about the Titan, but liked everything about the Ford (well maybe not the acceleration lol). The Titan interior, though not the best looking or best laid out, wasnt bad. I just prefered the Ford. The Dodge though, just didnt cut it. The interior sucked imo. The torque was nice, but nothing special. And the exterior!!! UGLY! But thats just me.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:11 PM
i agree the hemis are overrated, but they still dyno higher then a ford f-150

what do the 5.4s dyno at, i remember something like 217rwhp? around there, thats a lot less then the hemi and the titan

and how do they outpull the hemi and the titan? sure it has a higher tow rating, but it sure cant pull as well as a hemi or titan, they just dont have the power to pull with authority and strength

Old 10-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Your last statement, sir, was the most laughable thing I have ever read! Reread what you just said. It is oxymoronic!

Old 10-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Seriously troll, go away. Wait, better yet! Go tell the powerstroke guys that their trucks can't tow better than the dodge/cummins combo.... What a joke...

Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks dzervit! I was reading what you posted and eating cerial and snorted milk out my noise when I saw that pic!

Old 10-04-2004, 11:27 PM

Old 10-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Actually, if you compared my track times to a HP rating it says I am putting 250 to the wheels. Is it true? No, I doubt it. But, track times dont lie. I have slips and I have posted them on here numerous times.

I have a very light F-150 compared to the extended cabs, Screws and Lariats. Yet, I have the same engine and lower gears for the most part.

I know I have to be putting more than 217 to the wheels to run 9.95 in the 1/8 on a 4900 lb truck.

See, IMO 300hp is 300HP. If a Ford is making 300HP at the flywheel and so is a Dodge (for instance) then it all depends from that point on with gearing, weight, TQ curve...etc.

Keep in mind we are only making 10 ft lbs of TQ less than the competitors and we get 80% of it at 1000RPM. The HP isnt everything.

Also, I firmly believe the 5.4L is a more dependable engine in stock trim.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Exactly^^^

Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Lets not forget that right off the bat Dodge and Nissan are higher displacement engines to start with so sure they have the edge already. They are both hooked up to 5 speed autos, another edge. Ford didn't set out to build a truck that will smoke a Titan or HEMI Ram off the line, they built a truck with a solid motor that runs best on cheap 87 octane with great torque and better gas mileage than the Titan or HEMI Ram. They also designed one that rides better and is more refined and quieter than both of them and looks better too (IMHO). I also firmly believe that the 5.4L 3v will be the more durable engine of the three. There is a lot of untapped potential in the 5.4 3v, Ford has always been devoted to the aftermarket so if you want and F-150 that will smoke a Titan or HEMI Ram off the line then its pretty easy to do, $400 tuner and you are competitive in that regard. I may be wrong but I also remain convinced that in terms of how the engines are tuned, the 5.4 3v has the least of its potential utlized compared to the 5.6L and the 5.7L HEMI. If I have one complaint against Ford, it was the lack of 5 speed auto, they could have included this and then maybe we would have a better comparison of the engines.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by fatman66
Lets not forget that right off the bat Dodge and Nissan are higher displacement engines to start with so sure they have the edge already. They are both hooked up to 5 speed autos, another edge. Ford didn't set out to build a truck that will smoke a Titan or HEMI Ram off the line, they built a truck with a solid motor that runs best on cheap 87 octane with great torque and better gas mileage than the Titan or HEMI Ram. They also designed one that rides better and is more refined and quieter than both of them and looks better too (IMHO). I also firmly believe that the 5.4L 3v will be the more durable engine of the three. There is a lot of untapped potential in the 5.4 3v, Ford has always been devoted to the aftermarket so if you want and F-150 that will smoke a Titan or HEMI Ram off the line then its pretty easy to do, $400 tuner and you are competitive in that regard. I may be wrong but I also remain convinced that in terms of how the engines are tuned, the 5.4 3v has the least of its potential utlized compared to the 5.6L and the 5.7L HEMI. If I have one complaint against Ford, it was the lack of 5 speed auto, they could have included this and then maybe we would have a better comparison of the engines.
i dont think the f150 gets better gas milage then the titan... lol, maybe better then the hemi but not the titan, thats one thing also, and whats realli funny, and stupid is, how do you figure the 5.4 will be more durable then the hemi and endurance in the titan? based on what, lol, just look how the titans engine is build, a lot stronger then the fords, i could bet ne thing the titan motor will outlast the fords, and all you guys do is complain how the engine came from the factory with the least of its potential utilzed, what a crap excuse, that still doesnt make up for its lack of power COMPARED to the titan and hemi, you guys should stop saying what if, what if it had a 5 speed, what if it weighed less what if what if what if, WHAT IS, is that they made a great truck, but not as good as a titan overall

Old 10-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Titan / F-150 MPG

Kids...

The Titan 4 Door (4 real doors) and the Ford F-150 SCAB (same size trucks) both get 14 / 18 ...

Quick Reply: titan vs. f-150