2004 - 2008 F-150

titan vs. f-150

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
titan vs. f-150

quick question. a friend of mine just got a titan. i know an f-150 stock is slower than the titan mainly due to weight. however i imagine even with the lift and tires mine will be faster w/ the mods ive done. just asking for opinions, truthful opinions, none of that ford rules no matter what, even though they do thanks a lot. i dont want to get owned you know.

Old 10-01-2004, 12:29 AM
First of all, beautiful truck.
If you both have the same cab and he is stock and you are running 35's, he will still be faster even with your mods.

I can tell you I have a lariat 4x4 with 18 Goodyear's, 3:73s, 5.4, 4x4 SuperCrew, Airraid, Magnaflow SISO & 1714 and when I run my friends stock Hemi and stock Nissan we are too close to determine the winner. If I run the 91 program I am ahead every time.
A guy a work has a 2w reg cab hemi, no mods. No contest if he doesn't break them loose.

Old 10-01-2004, 12:36 AM
thanks for the input. i use the 1714 91 octane aswell. we'll see what happens i guess.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:40 AM
First best flare iv'e seen now i know what it looks like. Hope you pull em hard. Ristuccia you should pull great with all the mods. But remember other manufacturers cut back what ford hasn't . The tuner sure brought this flare out of the hole so much better.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Most of the 0-60 times I've seen between stock crew cabs for the Titan and F-150 place them at almost 2 seconds apart! (The Titan is almost 2 seconds faster than the F-150). That's a large gap to make up with Mods. Even the Tundra Double (crew) cab with the 4.7 is faster by 1/10th of a second in most tests I've seen than the stock F-150 Super Crew. And when the Tundra comes out with it's 4.7 VVT- which adds 42 ponies and 10 ft/lb of torque in it's 2005 it will further this gap.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:59 AM
jeez coed lift our spirits LOL J/K. Good info on the specs but Ris may get lucky off the line and pull em hard.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:35 AM
I saw that you have the Plasma booster, how do you like that? Notice any difference?

Also with the TBS did you notice any difference?

Are you running JBA headers? If so do you like them and did you notice any difference?

Thanks alot!

~Colby

Old 10-01-2004, 07:43 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say you are effed with 35" tires. That's 10% effective gearing penalty to make up with your mods, just to get back to stock performance which is not even close to the Titan. Plus, you added extra weight with the bars and storage box. You are at a significant disadvantage.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:48 AM
The slight difference in acceleration between a Titan and a F-150 isn't worth debating. It gets childish at some point. Just remember, your truck is much better looking, has a much better interior and will have a great resale value. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about that Nissan with the disgusting looking grill When you go to sell your truck some day, I doubt potential buyers will be asking if it's 1 or 2 seconds faster than a Titan. Oh, and your truck is much quieter and more smooth than the Titan.

The two things I really don't like about the Titan are the grill and the interior. If they made some nice changes there, it would be a nice looking truck, like the Tundra.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
a big part is the Titan motor itself. They advertise it as 305 HP at the flywheel, but there are stories of guys getting high 200's HP on a dyno (meaning the engine could actually be 350 HP)

For all the talk of modding a Ford to beat a Titan or Dodge, what happens when they mod their trucks?

My take is, buy the truck you want. Who cares if its 2 seconds slower in a race. Its a truck, not a race car.

The 5.4 is capable of a lot, but Ford has intentionally detuned it for fuel efficiency and longevity. These Hemi and Endurance (Nissan) engines put out a lot, but at what cost? I have a feeling these Hemis will die off before the Tritan because they are pushing themselves so much harder.

But thats just my $0.02

Old 10-01-2004, 09:56 AM
I agree that these are not street racers and the Ford is hands down the more refined, higher quality product.

However, I know how much it blows to get smoked in a race, regardless of who it is. My buddy and I used to pit my '84 Buick tank vs his '78 Dodge tank. Neither designed for the AutoBahn, but fun nonetheless. Anywho, without those big meats I think you could run with him if not take him. The tires are going to kill you, however.

Old 10-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WoW... a Titan thread that has gone two pages without being edited/shut down/moved?!? You guys are doing well!

Old 10-01-2004, 10:34 AM
thanks for the advice guys. Bullitt4711 i noticed small differences with all the mods really. couldnt say which is the best but they all add up to a pretty decent increase. im not worried about one truck being better than another. its just preferance. just wondering if i could show the supposivly faster titan up, you know.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
TITAN TEST DRIVE

Well Kids...

I have been a loyal ford truck and race fan for over 10 years... I have had a 1998 Expedition EB, a 2003 Explorer XLS Sport (4 Dr.), and a 2004 F-150 SCAB FX4.

I just had my truck bought back from Ford for numerous problems (including vibration, paint, AC and other things).

I want to make sure if I get a new 2004-05 F-150 that I am getting the best truck for my money. I feel $35K or so is the target for these trucks. I am not knocking XL, STX or XLT, but I believe for a few more bux the FX4 is the way to go. A lot of equip. standard. A lariat is a great truck, but not for a 26 year old. But everyone has their own opinions. I decided to check out out the other players as well.

Well, yesterday I drove the 2004 Nissan Titan 4 DR. with the OFF ROAD package = to a FX4. It did feel a little more ballsy than my truck, the factory spray-on bedliner is a big +, there was a lot of crazy electronic stuff in it. Probabally too much. It didn't have auto headlights, door keypad. It had a little compartment by the back fender, looks gay. It looked and seemed smaller than my truck, even though the interior stats seem otherwise. If you compare their scab (don't know what it is called) our trucks are 4-sure bigger. It did handle nice, it seemed a little out of balance and bouncy through the choppy stuff. This truck was $35k, -$1500 in a little rebate and $4000 for where I work.

Next, we went to the Dodge dealer. Wow, you can get a big *** HEMI with the huge looking front end (all body color) for $35k also. It has 5,000k in rebates. Not sure about the work discount. It was 7:45P.M. and the sales-**** we talked to said can't test drive now we are gonna close. The guy didn't even give us a card. DODGE = NO SALE!!!

I will drive a few more F-150's this next week. I have about 6 weeks to decide. The F-150 $35k FX4 Has $6,000 in rebates if you qualify for all rebates and mabey more depending where you work.

The 1500 GMC/Chevy seems cheap inside, but all in all a good truck with asatellite radio/ BOSE system that smokes any FORD factory radio. Although I haven't driven the Dodge or Toyota (which is not a full size truck, don't believe them) the Chevy feels the ballsy-ist of the bunch. You tap the gas and you are back in your seat!

I know a lot of you are die-hard Ford fans, so am I, but don't be snowed because of the blue oval, check out the competition and you will see some places where Ford lacks. The inside is nice, but the NISSAN looks like a spaceship compared to the simple but nice FORD interior. I know it's a NISSAN, and I don't like it as much as the FORD, but it's a nice truck. It's wierd to see the little RICE-BURNER under the hood with a little bitty radiator cap. Metal fuel door though!!! Oh well, foreign cars are really US cars with foreign headquarters. Americans build these cars in the states. Most Chevy trucks are made in mexico or canada...

JUST MY 2cents... Check it out!!! I have not decided what to replace my truck with yet. I would buy another SCAB F-150 if I was sure it didn't vibrate... 4 months of vibe. and DSB and paperwork is enough to give anyone a headache...

Old 10-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Tailgates

I forgot to mention that the tailgates of other trucks feel overly heavy after you are used to the counter weighted F-150 tailgate!!!

Quick Reply: titan vs. f-150