Need to update Gryphon but i have a Mac...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to update Gryphon but i have a Mac...

Tried downloading a couple recomended programs so i can set my gyphon back to stock but none of them have worked... Has anyone else had this problem? i would like to call php myself but im always working during their contact hours and can never find time to get ahold of them.. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could run a virtual machine and run windows on your Mac. IDK if that's the solution you are looking for though.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
You WILL need to use a Windows PC or the Windows virtual machine on a Mac. Surely one of your friends with a PC will let you install the software long enough to do this.

- Jack

Old 11-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Public libraries usually have windows machines. If I had a mac that is where I'd go.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
all my friends have macs, its pretty ridiculous to be honest.. good idea about the library though, might even go hit up the local college since its closer now that i think about it.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:07 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You will probably find that a library will have their machines locked down where you can't install software on them.

http://www.parallels.com/Virtual-Windows

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6078/virtual-pc

Old 11-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by glc
You will probably find that a library will have their machines locked down where you can't install software on them.

http://www.parallels.com/Virtual-Windows

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6078/virtual-pc
thanks for the links, ill try them when i get home. im actually using an hp right now and downloaded pegasus fine but the program doesnt show that the gryphon is connected at the bottom of the page. ive tried every usb port and plugging/unplugging several times with no positive results.. also, the gryphon's screen and all buttons are red when plugged into usb, is this normal?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Normal if your drivers aren't loaded right. Basically the computer doesn't know how to correctly communicate with the device.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Longshot270
Normal if your drivers aren't loaded right. Basically the computer doesn't know how to correctly communicate with the device.
oh ok. i just gave up on it and went home. installing parallels on my mac now but its only the 2 week free trial since the real version costs 70 bucks! ridiculous.. hope this works though.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by TPAYNE
oh ok. i just gave up on it and went home. installing parallels on my mac now but its only the 2 week free trial since the real version costs 70 bucks! ridiculous.. hope this works though.
Do NOT plug the Gryphon into the PC until you have Pegasus installed and running! The Pegasus installation contains the proper drivers for the Gryphon. If you plug the Gryphon into the PC before you have correctly installed Pegasus, it will try to install drivers and will use the wrong ones. Then, the Gryphon will not connect to Pegasus.

If the driver problem occurs, the only solution is to uninstall Pegasus and then uninstall the drivers. Then, start over.

The Gryphon's screen is red when it is not connected to Pegasus (but plugged into the PC). The screen turns green when a connection is established.

- Jack

Old 11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Do NOT plug the Gryphon into the PC until you have Pegasus installed and running! The Pegasus installation contains the proper drivers for the Gryphon. If you plug the Gryphon into the PC before you have correctly installed Pegasus, it will try to install drivers and will use the wrong ones. Then, the Gryphon will not connect to Pegasus.

If the driver problem occurs, the only solution is to uninstall Pegasus and then uninstall the drivers. Then, start over.

The Gryphon's screen is red when it is not connected to Pegasus (but plugged into the PC). The screen turns green when a connection is established.

- Jack
I installed pegasus then opened it, the blank white pegasus page opened up so i plugged the gryphon in, but at the bottom it still said disconnected. so i tried unplugging and replugging it back in, opening/reopening pegasus but still the same thing. i think it may have been my parents really old crappy computer though, its been messing up a lot lately.

Quick Reply: Need to update Gryphon but i have a Mac...