My lil 4.6L working VERY hard well it should have been..

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have my own forum? humm ill have to start looking for it....now i get it because this is the only thread in the work trucks haha nice!

Last edited by shifty_85; 05-07-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:33 AM
You need to keep safety in mind but I admit I often overload my truck. Also check out the max payload as my regular cab V6 F150 5speed with the 3.55s has a MAX payload of 2060lbs. If your truck is a '02 4.6L manual Ext cab/styleside bed then your MAX payload would be 1,740lbs.

Pallet of St. Augustine:

I added some Add-a-leafs which lifted my truck 3.5"(rear only) and my truck won't even budge without 700 lbs in the back. I can jump in the bed of my truck it won't even budge more than 1/2" which is probably due to the tires.

Add a leafs:

Add a leafs installed:

Just trying to help out. Worth the $60 if you haul often and don't mind a bumpy ride at low speeds. Considering the fact i lifted the rear of my truck it handles like it's on rails because it's so stiff.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
yeah when i put the 10.25 under mine im gonna have 1 ton springs so my truck shouldnt sag any more.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why is this thread still alive?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I've been meaning to read this thread for a while but always managed to get side tracked.

I think it is impressive that your truck is still moving after all of the abuse it has been, but I wouldn't put nearly that much weight in the back unless it was properly equipped (4.10's, stiffer shocks, more leafs, boxed frame). I also wouldn't be trying this with a 4.6 with an 8.8 axle. I think my step dad trucked about 1500 lb's of block with his 99 F150 with a 5.4 and it was not a pleasant ride the whole 15 miles back home.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM
this thread is still alive bc no one else will over load there trucks. nothin heavy latey still got that dana 70 chilling in the bed.

thanks punisher. yeah more that 1,500lbs it becomes a rough ride. i really need a trailer

Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shifty_85
this thread is still alive bc no one else will over load there trucks. nothin heavy latey still got that dana 70 chilling in the bed.

thanks punisher. yeah more that 1,500lbs it becomes a rough ride. i really need a trailer
yea a trailer and a 350 flatbed

Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Hmm. My 5.4 kinda looks like that with a 1/2 load of sand. Im not sure how much that weighs, but it did drop it quite a bit. I was kinda depressed to see it. So anymore I just trailer a lot of my stuff. Saves my truck some hard wear and tear.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread makes me want to punch babies.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 PM
haha what kind of babys?

yeah i had like 3 yards of slag sand in the bed of my truck once it hated that. yeah these trucks tend to squat alot when you load them.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM
yes i know it wasnt safe but i had no other way didnt wanna blow up my buddys trans in his cummins. and it was only for 3-4 miles.
Say what?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mxracer49
Between your grammar skills and your reckless actions on public roads, I now have a headache.

Do you have any idea of the ramifications it would have on your life if you were in an accident with one of those loads?

I realize this post will have no bearing on your future "quest" for the heaviest load in a half ton, but I had to ask.

my thoughts exactly...

Maybe I'm just weird and take care of my stuff, but i get pissed when people jump in the bed. Although it's threads like this that make me happy i bought a new truck.

Oh, I was going to quote Rockpick but I forgot; but he's right.
Stop being an *** before someone gets hurt and your seeing your own posts used against you.

...thanks for the migraine btw.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:43 PM
no probs on the migraine at any time you could have stoped reading the thread and gone somewere else on the site.

you get mad when people jump around in your truck bed. ha thats what the beds there for to haul stuff around...they didnt put it there for looks you get a truck because you need to haul stuff or move stuff. i know ive done some things to my truck that no one would have ever thought of but oh well its built ford tough i know it can handle anything i throw at it

Old 06-18-2009, 01:01 AM
no probs on the migraine at any time you could have stoped reading the thread and gone somewere else on the site.

you get mad when people jump around in your truck bed. ha thats what the beds there for to haul stuff around...they didnt put it there for looks you get a truck because you need to haul stuff or move stuff. i know ive done some things to my truck that no one would have ever thought of but oh well its built ford tough i know it can handle anything i throw at it
I'll have my truck for the rest of my life; will you have yours next month?
My truck is my friend. I take her everywhere, and I thank her for coming with me by taking a care of her and not abusing her. Because of this I have a consistent, reliable truck that won't hurt me, or anyone else in or outside of her.

When your stuck on the side of the road or even worse, you've hurt someone think about how easily that could have been avoided.

Your truck may be "Built Ford Tough", but everything has it's limitations.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by animated_zombie
I'll have my truck for the rest of my life; will you have yours next month?
My truck is my friend. I take her everywhere, and I thank her for coming with me by taking a care of her and not abusing her. Because of this I have a consistent, reliable truck that won't hurt me, or anyone else in or outside of her.

When your stuck on the side of the road or even worse, you've hurt someone think about how easily that could have been avoided.

Your truck may be "Built Ford Tough", but everything has it's limitations.
I'm not saying I condone over loading a half ton truck, although I do it occasionally, but c'mon dude.... you get mad when people jump in the bed of your truck? You shouldn't even be allowed to post in the work truck forum then.

Quick Reply: My lil 4.6L working VERY hard well it should have been..