Go Back  F150online Forums > Special Interest > Work Trucks
My lil 4.6L working VERY hard well it should have been.. >

My lil 4.6L working VERY hard well it should have been..

My lil 4.6L working VERY hard well it should have been..

Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
No, in the first one. The wheel doesn't line up right with the truck bed. And flaming? Well, lets see. There is NO WAY that skid weighed 5,000lbs. Your wimpy mis-matched P rated tires WOULD have burst with all of that weight on them. I could go on and on...
Exactly.

Heck, my tires wanted to bust when I was hauling 1 1/2 yards of wet topsoil.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mis matched tires? all 4 of my tires are the same dunlap radial rovers 265/75/R16 the back left has no tread in the middle thoe. ive had 3 yards of slag sand in the bed of my truck...frist time i ever over loaded it! this weghted close to 5,000 lbs because the skid from the pictures before was 2,500 lbs and i had about an 1 1/2"s before i hit the axle with bump stops. this skid put me on bump stops and bent the bump stops out some.

Please do go on zaairman so i know what not to do next time i overload my 1/2 ton truck

Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Im waiting for something to just snap or something when you try and pull one of these stunts Shifty.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Im waiting for something to just snap or something when you try and pull one of these stunts Shifty.
nah i maybe new but i am not stupid just because your tranny is good did you ever think about you poor rear axle with all that weight they are called half ton trucks for a reason. And trust me replacing an axle is not a cheap job too do.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Shifty says his rear diff is only a year n a half old he blew it up doing a brake torque. and rear axle's arent hard to do. did both front and rear on my 94 bronco when i put a streling 10.25 in the rear and a dana 70 in the front. its 8 leaf spring bolts 4 shackle bolts and thats about it not much to it...well then taking off brake lines and what not but theres not to much work to be done. i watched this truck with the load it did fine had no probs at all. Yes he was on bump stops but we took back roads and he didnt beat on it. Geez glad im on Great lakes 4x4 you guys whine to much on here!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 07HD View Post
Its people like you who cause big messy ugly crashes. Thinking they can tow 13000lbs with their small V8 1/2 ton truck, and hauling around twice what they should in the box...not tied down no less. Well done.
and then they get to meet me when im pullin em out of the mess and sticken em with ivs. thank you idiots for keeping me in business

Old 12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Are ya'll still raking poor shifty over the coals for "loading up his F150"?

Ya think maybe he enjoys creating friction and stress among you all? Just a little?

Mo' power to you shifty...I think it'll haul 1000 lbs. over what you've loaded it to already!!!

Pictures please if you try it.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:59 AM
Theres no TRY about it if its in the bed of my truck its going. i did get new tires go up to 60 PSI max instead of 44 i think there load range D BFG A/T's so maybe i can go for that extra 1,000lbs more!!! ive been thinking of getting some F250 or 350 leaf spring and put them on...would these fit on my factory place or would i have to mod it to fit in?

This is more of a towing one but my buddy got a thunderbird that the rear brakes were locked up so we got a tow strap and i dragged that car up and down the street wouldnt break loose so i draged it to his house and up his drive way brakes locked up and all. i thought it was pretty funny the tires screetching was such a horrible sound it was very high pitched and didnt sound like burning rubber but it was fun!

Last edited by shifty_85; 12-19-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by shifty_85 View Post
Theres no TRY about it if its in the bed of my truck its going. i did get new tires go up to 60 PSI max instead of 44 i think there load range D BFG A/T's so maybe i can go for that extra 1,000lbs more!!! ive been thinking of getting some F250 or 350 leaf spring and put them on...would these fit on my factory place or would i have to mod it to fit in?

This is more of a towing one but my buddy got a thunderbird that the rear brakes were locked up so we got a tow strap and i dragged that car up and down the street wouldnt break loose so i draged it to his house and up his drive way brakes locked up and all. i thought it was pretty funny the tires screetching was such a horrible sound it was very high pitched and didnt sound like burning rubber but it was fun!
Reminds me of when my buddy bought a Blazer and it needed engine work... so I got my mooring chain along with a heavy duty tow strap and I hooked it to both of his front tow hooks. I got my '99 F150 and I towed it, while in the process, both hooks broke off. So we then tied it to the bumper and frame, and we went again, well, we got it at the shop, and the front bumper was up about an inch and the place where we had the chain, the front end got bent. All while going about 30 mph.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=shifty_85;3496925]Theres no TRY about it if its in the bed of my truck its going. i did get new tires go up to 60 PSI max instead of 44 i think there load range D BFG A/T's so maybe i can go for that extra 1,000lbs more!!! ive been thinking of getting some F250 or 350 leaf spring and put them on...would these fit on my factory place or would i have to mod it to fit in?

just throw some 7700 leafs and torsion bars, coils or whatever it has

Old 01-14-2009, 02:58 PM
oooo now theres a good idea! i could haul and not have the back end sagin or the front end in the air!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Well guys my lil 4.6L was at it again... my buddys trailers were frozen to the ground and his dad needed this mill at his work so my buddy got the high low and put this brigdeport mill weghting in at 4,550lbs *we took one to the scrap yard so we know how much they weght* and i still about 3/4 to 1 inch before bump stops!!! that pallet of bricks was alot heavyer than this thing. pretty smooth ride with this we were doign 40 the whole way any ways heres some pics...*puts flame suit back on*

Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Strap stuff down you retard.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
Strap stuff down you retard.
atleast he got new tires now

Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 AM
That's insane... that beats everything I've carried in the back of mine...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My lil 4.6L working VERY hard well it should have been..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: