Two observations about wheels....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two observations about wheels....

that I have made, here on the F150online forum.....

1) I see post after post (to the 9th power) of, "Black or chrome" ?... "Chrome or black" ? ..... "Which color wheel" ?..... "Not sure" ? ......

Well heck, at least I know, "I want BLACK freaking wheels" ! No question. No doubt about it. Considering 90% of the wheels out there are chrome, or machined aluminum, my choices should be quite a bit easier, huh ? But that sure hasn't been the case......

2) I see wheel after wheel listed as, or talked about on the forums as >black< yet they have chrome lips..... or machined areas.... or parts which are "other than" black ! These wheels are NOT black ! These wheels don't know what color they want to be ! And if your going for a "blacked out look", these wheels won't work !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I have that off of my chest....... :-)

I'm kind of down to these two wheels >
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Silver allen heads though.... Why do they freaking insist ???

Or these > http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1999_27501680
More silver allen heads.

I like these wheels though, and black lug nuts are easy enough to get.....

Your thoughts ?

Fish

Old 05-11-2008, 03:09 AM
im having the same problem.. i wanted Helo Maxx's but they have a machined lip that id have to have powder coated rrr....

heres one ill look for more: Fuel 8 w Teflon

Old 05-11-2008, 03:15 AM
American Racing Mojave w Teflon

Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 7089

Last edited by 4.2trimble; 05-11-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey 4.2trimble....

Yea..... I've seen both of those rims... and, have seriously considered both of them.... but I'm still just not quite sure.

I guess I'm just waiting for one of these wheels to bash me on the head, so I can come to later, and say, "Hey ! This must be the wheel I want" ! ;-) LOL

I don't know about other people, but it seems I can look at 10,000 wheels, and maybe have 3 of them really catch my eye... one of those will have a chrome lip... another won't be available in a 17".... and the final one won't be available in a 6 x 135 bolt pattern.... and so I'm still without a solid choice :-(

Anyway....
Fish

Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both you listed are pretty sweet.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I just had the Thugs installed on my silver truck (check out my gallery). They look sharp even with the silver allen heads. I think it offsets the wheel. I have chrome lug nuts also.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Right on guys....

Hey srob, I bet those do look good on your silver F150 ! But how do I get to your forum ??? Oh, and interestingly, I have seen the Thugs "without" the chrome allen heads on some sites. Don't know if that was the older style, or what. On your truck, the silver allen heads probably would look better.... On mine though, I wish I could get them without..

Oh and BTW, 4.2trible, that's my other problem....... I still don't know if I should go with a spoked rim, like the Thugs or Extreme Alloy 7089's.....

OR, a rock climber wheel, like the AR Mojave's....

Kind of funny that the only thing I am sure about, is I want them to be ALL black, while that seems to be such a big concern for so many others.....

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-11-2008, 09:51 PM
With the low selection of black wheels it is also hard to find a good lookin wheel. Most of the truck rims nowadays are just hideous.

Quick Reply: Two observations about wheels....