Newbie desperately asking for advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Newbie desperately asking for advice!!!

Hi! I'm Phoebe! I am in the process of setting up my own car parts retailing business. I have ventured into many business opportunity before, but God! cars are not really my specialty. I love collecting cars but not at the point of checking all the parts detail by detail. I have a business manager to do all the purchasing of parts and other stuff but recently things get out of hand. Different car parts dealer began calling giving me different kind of offers and I really need to get my hands on the problem! . Actually I was hoping to purchase EBC Brakes through online dealers but I am not sure where to buy! I really need Quality products! Please Please help me! thanks in advance.

Last edited by phoebe; 04-14-2007 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If cars aren't your specialty, why are you asking how to buy parts for resale? And why can't your business manager handle it? Sounds like you'd be better off going back to one of your other business ventures.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:44 AM
Don't be mad

Hi! it looks like you are mad?

to answer your question,

First, having a business manager does not mean that you should throw all the jobs on his shoulders.

Second, I ventured into the car business because i love cars and I perfectly explained in my post that although I love collecting parts I still don't no a lot about them, right?

You could've at least answered my inquiry in a more lighter tone!

Old 04-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is how we do business here

Old 04-14-2007, 01:24 PM
This forum is for people who need to know how to install, maintain, & improve the brakes on their Ford trucks. You should try to find a BBS for people who need to know how to run a business.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you are looking to start a bussiness go to your local chamber of commerece. you wont find much help here about that stuff.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Smile sissy because I am a girl!?

how mean can you get?

well that's okay, you suggested chamber of commerce right? actually this is not about my skills on how to put up and run a business it is just about a simple favor asking for suggestions. Suggestions that involves car brakes not just business hello!

oh right maybe it was my fault because I mentioned about my business you might have answered me in a very pleasant manner if I just asked about how to put my car brakes or where to buy brakes that could last longer!

Funny that you call me a sissy but hey look who's the one fighting with girls! ponder on that thought macho!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Look closer, sweetie: I didn't call you a sissy, nor am I a macho moron. I posted a humorous bumper sticker in response to your post. (And it IS funny!)

And yes, if you had asked about putting brakes on your FORD TRUCK, you'd have gotten info to help you do that because (again) that's what this forum is for. It's not for helping people run businesses of any kind. I think you're lucky a moderator hasn't banned you already, but since I'm not involved with the administration of this BBS in any way, I really have no idea if they're going to.

The point is: you're in the wrong place to ask what you asked. Move on.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
okay okay!

I would like to make it clear again I am asking your opinion about a car part! okay? set aside the business part if you may!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
You're asking us where to buy that company's product for your business that you know nothing about? What is wrong with you?

Have you tried the CONTACT US link on that company's web page and asking them about their business? Do you own an F150? How did you end up at this site? I call SPAM...all of your posts EVER have been in this thread.

--

Anyway, if you know about rubber, sell tires. If you know about brake pads, sell car parts. If you know about lemons, sell lemonade. I think you're in the wrong business personally.

Oh, and you're not asking us for our opinion on a car part. You're asking us how or where you can buy some company's overpriced products that none of us have probably ever heard of.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:22 PM
The question you are asking is way to general. There are tons of members here, tons of different car parts, tons of different manufacturers of those parts and TWICE as many opinions about everything I just stated. How could you possibly expect anyone to answer that question...

You should seriously consider another profession if you expect to find an answer in any reputable automobile forum on the web. They is no way to answer your question, as it relates to a business or to a basic inquiry. Good luck

Old 04-23-2007, 07:39 PM
LRG
OK chica, wow you're so lost it's scary!

First off the link you reference in your post is for an ONLINE DISTRIBUTOR, so what's the deal? You already found what you say you're looking for. You never say what you're looking for specifically, do you even know what it is you're wanting?

Second it took me about 15 seconds to locate the manufacturer's website on which I found a list of online distributors under a section labeled, oddly enough, "Where to Buy". You might want to check that out. I also saw their entire catalog you can download as a .pdf if you posses sufficient skills and technology. Call me doubtful.

Third if you're planning on using the Internet as a business tool and you're this lost already, you need to take a long hard look at the reality of your situation. If you can't Google the manufacturer's website for a product you're interested in, you're screwed. Look at all the online retailers and the technology they're using, they're going to squash you summarily.

Fourth if you know about zilch about the sector you're setting up shop in, you're looking at an uphill battle. You need to learn some business skills and theories and about competitive advantages and discover what yours is/are. There are lots of other people out there that know about cars and are in the parts business. Unless you've got some great competitive advantage they're going to eat you up for breakfast.

So I think you get the drift that asking for a nickels worth of free advice on something completely off topic is going to go over like a turn sundae! But hopefully you recognize the deep **** you're in from a business standpoint and figure out a way to fix it. Give some serious thought to acquiring some business and technical skills that will help you succeed.

Quick Reply: Newbie desperately asking for advice!!!