Need some help choosing some rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help choosing some rims

Hi I'm new here. I have a 1995 Ford F-150 2wd with the 5.8 351 Windsor in it. It has the Mark III luxury package on it. I have a friend who says that American Racing Torq Thrust II's would look good but I think that they are more of a car rim. I currently have 15' wheels on it and the tires are pretty much brand new so if i could i'd want to keep the 15x7 wheels.

Also is there anything that could make my truck stand out? I am clueless as to what is out there that i could do to it. But I am also in a bind. I don't know whether to save up and get a newer truck or make this one look nice. The tough part is no matter how many modifications you make it won't up the book value. Oh yea its a 5 lug rim.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site! Your links aren't working for me. If you go with a 15 inch wheel, I really think you are gonna be disappointed with how your trucks looks. 15's will look tiny on a F-150.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
Welcome to the site! Your links aren't working for me. If you go with a 15 inch wheel, I really think you are gonna be disappointed with how your trucks looks. 15's will look tiny on a F-150.
Well how do you post a picture on here because I hit the little insert image symbol and went to my pictures and right clicked and went to propoerties and then copied the adress url. Then it just put down a link to a website?

Also 15' are what are on there. Yes they do look small but mine is also only 2wd. Also I just bought new tires like last year . So they aren't really that old.They still have good tread on them. I was thinking though that maybe 17's
may look good on my truck. I still don't know if i should drain money into this truck or try to sell it and get a newer truck. It seems like everyone on this site has brand new pickups. The like 98'-02'single cab F-150 4x4 with the step side is what i really want. Either that a lightning. But both of those are pretty expensive.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Ok since those links don't work i made a gallery so here is the site.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=7779
I hope this works. Also please if anyone has any suggestions then please tell me. This is the 2nd site I have went to. The first one nobody ever replyed or anything.

Last edited by 95'F-150; 05-31-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks like that old truck is in pretty nice shape!

In all honesty, I like the rims you have on it!

Old 05-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Looks like that old truck is in pretty nice shape!

In all honesty, I like the rims you have on it!
Thanks.I like the rims too but they are in bad shape. The black paint that is soppose to be inbetween the spokes is cracked and gone in some places. I can't seem to get them white dots off the rim. They are just in bad shape. I am actually thinking of getting a newer truck. How much do you think I could get out of it?I just want to make that truck stand out ya know? She only has 89,000 miles on it. I take good care of it i can't stand when it gets a speck of dirt on it. I wax it about every other weekend. It has leather seats and everything on it. It also has a Mark III luxery package.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
I just added some really nice Helo Maxx 6's to my truck, check out my gallery, my truck being a very dark blue really makes the chrome stand out, i'm no sure about a lighter color truck like yours perhaps some brushed wheels would look good.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:17 AM
They look really nice on your truck. Your truck is also a different body style. I don't know maybe I'll save a little more money and buy a newer truck and then start puting mods. on it from there. Does anyone know how much i could probably sell my truck for?

Quick Reply: Need some help choosing some rims