American Racing Baja rims
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 305/70/16 Dual Exaust with 40 series Flowmaster
Panasonic DF-600U and MTX Thunderforms with MTX 6000 in it with a MTX Amp

Web Site http://hometown.aol.com/steveng0143/...sBlack4X4.html

If you have any Questions Email me at Steveng0143@aol.com
[img]C:/My Documents/truck1[/img]

Old 05-07-2001, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petersons is a bunch of crack smoking, heads in their asses, owned by 4wheelpart, bunch of @ssholes, in my opinion. They think that the GY MTR, a great tire for sure, is better than the SuperSwamper TSL's?!?!?!?!That's stupid. The only reason I see them printing this nonsence is that 4WP probably makes more money off of the MTR's than they do off of the TSL. The title of their list should be 9 most profitable tires for 4 Wheel Parts.

------------------
2000 Silver F-150 XL Sport
Reg. Cab, Reg. Bed, 4.2L V6, 5-speed, 4x2

mods:
Tailgate lock, Generic bedliner
285/75r16 BFG AT ko (32.9x11.4)
Sony CD player, Blaunpunkt 5.25" speakers
Crimeguard alarm, Power locks
---------------------
Never let your schooling interfere with your education --Mark Twain

Old 05-07-2001, 12:51 AM
that list sounds like crap!!!! i run 35/15.5/15 TSL SX on my other ford an i have kicked *** on a similar truck on boggers, yet they didn't make the cut. thats bull ****. Or maybe I should upgrade to some goodyear wranglers.

Old 05-07-2001, 04:49 AM
I agree that Petersen's would be better run by un-trained chimps on acid... their articles ALWAYS have poor, incorrect or misleading information in them. As with any article that claims to list the "best of" - you've got to remember that these articles were written by people with opinions - most often by people with opinions that differ from yours. Send an e-mail to Petersen's telling them what you think about the tire article... or any other article published under the Petersen name brand.

------------------
Jeff @ CST / STU
www.CaliforniaSuperTrucks.com
www.SuperTrucksUnlimited.com

Old 05-07-2001, 07:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hey r0land,
I know that the TSL Sx's are some nice tires, my question to you is how do they handle on the highway?

------------------
Black 1997 F-150 Extended Cab
4x4 w/Off-Road Package
5.4 liter Triton V8
Luverne Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
DeeZee Silver Series Toolbox
Grizzly Oval Style Chrome Grill/Brush Guard
Wrap around bug shield
Ventshade Ventvisors
Ford Factory Bedliner
Pioneer Deh-P6000 45 Watt CD Stereo
3" Trailmaster Body Lift
Smittybilt Outland Tail Light guards.
16x10 American Racing Polished Atlas Wheels
4 315/75R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO Tires on all four corners.
Flowmaster 50 Muffler w/Dual Pipes & 2 18" Stainless Tips
MTX 2 Channel Amp w/Crossover
2 MTX 10" Subwoofers w/Box
Next Up: 4" Rancho Suspension Lift

Old 05-07-2001, 09:17 AM
I personally don't have the SX's but a good friend of mine does. If you are going to get swampers, or any bias ply tires, you have to be prepaired for a serious decrease in ride quality. But if you use your truck as mostly an offroad vehicle, these tires are the sh#t. The SX's sound like a 747 at any speed, and that goes for any of the incterco tire family, swampers, and boggers, even the SSR's are loud. But hey, no one ever said these tires are for show.

Pertersons is the most biased rag out there, they are mostly owned by 4WP and are a drive mechanism for them. Whatever new products are out there, as long as 4WP has them, you can bet that pertersons will give them a great rating. Interestingly, 4WP also owns Procomp, so I'm surprised that the PC MT's didn't make it higher, but I guess that they had to make the list somewhat believable or else everyone and their dogs and their dog's fleas will write in. As far as writing in to complain to any mag. All they do is print your rant so that everyone can laugh at your words. I'm not trying to protest against Petersons, I'm just trying to emphasis the point that they are highly biased and take everything they say with a massive grain of salt. Take it easy...

btw, interestingly enough, the Parnelli Jones dirt grip's didn't make the list either, last month they said that those tires were better than the SX's for everything, but I guess since the SX's didn't make it either...

------------------
2000 Silver F-150 XL Sport
Reg. Cab, Reg. Bed, 4.2L V6, 5-speed, 4x2

mods:
Tailgate lock, Generic bedliner
285/75r16 BFG AT ko (32.9x11.4)
Sony CD player, Blaunpunkt 5.25" speakers
McGuard Wheel locks
---------------------
Never let your schooling interfere with your education --Mark Twain

Old 05-07-2001, 01:10 PM
the list seems pretty resonable to me. You need to check out the article and see how they test the tires. Its not just driveing thriough the mud. They do a bunch of tests and give the tires points. And those are the ones with the highest points... a good point about the parnelli jones dirt grip tires... Maybe because there not a Mud terrain? Or maybe because 4wheelparts doesn't sell them? hmm....

------------------
NEW TRUCK!
00 f150 ext. cab 4x4 ORP w/5.4/auto, black! Tan buckets, expy center console, tinted windows, westin nerf bars, flowmaster 40 series, remote start/alarm/keyless entry, headlight/taillight covers, Lund wiper cowl, vent visors, tono cover
5" RCD lift, 3" body lift, 35" pro comp ats on eagle 589s

01 ZX2, foglights, cowprint seat covers, 12 disc cd changer. Air intake mod.
future mods: Tint on all windows (same as truck) and sunroof, new rims and tires.

old truck
99 black f150 4x2 ext. cab sport w/4.6 V8. external mods. include:
3" body lift, 3.5" fabtech lift, airaid FIPK, JBA headers, Superchip headlight/taillight covers, wiper schroud, shadeblade, ventshade, bug deflector, bed liner, tonno cover, and custom duel exhaust out the sides with 3.5" chrome tips and NO muffler. Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja HP 35 12.50 17 internal mods. include:
Pioneer indash cdplayer, 2 12" subs, 400 watt amp, remote start, and aftermarket alarm
website updated 4-24-01!!!

http://www.4tssinc.com/truck

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2001, 06:05 PM
Yo rOland, I run SX tires on my other truck and I'ld say there one of the best tires for offroading ever. They grab on dry pavement (I can lift my driver front tire), they dominate on rock, in the mud.... well boggers obviously. The down side would be trying to stop in the rain, or expeting them to last a long time on the streets.

------------------
98 F-150 4.2L 5 Speeder
phat tires & prairie gears

Old 05-09-2001, 09:16 AM
In the article they gave them points on far they drove through the mud, how much they floated or dug in, how well they went up a hill in 2wd, and how well they shed the mud from the tread. The article seemed pretty fair except for the fact that each tire only had one run. That means that if the driver did something slightly different it could make the difference of the Super Swamper TSL's being #4, #1, or even #9.

P.S. if i remember correctly the Goodyears weren't real great in the mud but they excelled in the 2wd uphill climb. They other tires floated too much and couldn't grip the hill.

-Jon

Old 05-09-2001, 10:43 PM
just so you know, only 2 tires pulled the pit better than the gy's. the boggers and the ssr's. both good tires, just not as street friendly as the mt/r. i thought the bfg muds would have done better. i've owned several sets of these in the past and they've done pretty well overall. not just the fact that i have the mt/r's on my truck, but i seem to go a lot farther before shifting into 4wd with these tires. i've run swampers in the past and liked them. not much for the street, but they're not really made for that, are they? seems to me if 4wp was behind this article the pro-comp tires would have had a lot better showing. just my thoughts, Rich.

------------------
-1999 F-150 4X4 XLT SC
-4.6, auto
-3.55LS
-Westin chrome nerf bars
-dual straight pipes
-goodyear mt/r 265/75/16
-hikerdadrich@aol.com

Quick Reply: 9 Best Tires