Edelbrock Shorties Installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Edelbrock Shorties Installed!!!!

I decided to go ahead and put headers on the truck. The Edelbrock's are available through Jeg's for $369 in the nickel plated stainless version.
I can personally vouch that this is a task most others don't want to undertake. I figured atleast 8 hours to install them, and it took about 13 to actually do it. However the instant gratification was well worth it! The interior drone from the Ravin muffler is virtually gone, and the entire power band seems to be enriched significantly.
These are a worth while investment if you want to spend the money and time to install them!

Old 09-24-2001, 01:57 AM
I know I'll probably get flamed for these questions, but here it goes.
What motor do you have?
What type of exhaust setup do you have?
Can I replace the headers without lifting the engine?
Thanks.

Old 09-24-2001, 08:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey adamski,
Edelbrock headers are a new one on me,guess they don't advertise much. The price sounds pretty good for coated headers,with JBA's in the stratosphere I'm going to look them up,thanks,,,,,,98

Old 09-24-2001, 02:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not saying it cant be done but ,you ususally don't nichole plate stainless. the plating is usaually done to prevent rust.

Old 09-24-2001, 06:11 PM
Whitestx-

I have the 5.4 with the stock pipes through the cats, and a SI/DO Ravin muffler, and yes you CAN install them with out lifting the motor. It is a time consuming pain on the A$$. You have to remove the tires and pull the inner-fender lining out. The rest is self explanatory from there. The most difficult thing about it is actually getting to the screws to tighten them up. I have to pull one side back off because of a leak and a partial stripped bolt. I am still testing them, but there was an instant gratification to having them installed.

98-
I just found out about them the other day when I got my new Jeg's catalog. From what I understand, they are new on the market. I can personally vouch that they are some sharp looking toys!

Old 09-24-2001, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... ADAMSKI : Congradulations on your new headers!

P.S : I've been reading over the last few years on header installations on our trucks. Is it just me? Or is installing headers on these trucks really easy? I installed my JBA's in 3.5 hours from start to finish by myself and I screwed around with the EGR tube (bending it to fit properly again) for about a half hour. If you guys want HARD. Try installing my custom headers on my PRO STREET RANGER. Now that's not fun! LOL!

Old 09-24-2001, 06:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Well crap...they don't list a part # for the 4.6. Hopefully they will come out soon? I "might " be able to wait long enough,,,,98

Old 09-24-2001, 09:50 PM
Adamski.
Thanks for the info, I'm glad it was worth the effort to install them.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Shorties Installed!!!!