need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help

I have a 2004 that has a 4.6 stard whthe a cylinder 4 misfrr so i put new oem pluges and 8 new aceal cop .one of the bolt that hold one of the cop broke off i have zipe tide to i can bolt out . Have a new fule filter to it has 6900.00 miles. It still runs like grap now the code are po308,po300,po316,po171,po303,po351,po316 can some one help me.and has inone ever had a cop bolt brake and how did you get it out

Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
when you say oem plugs what brand did you buy there is a difference between oem approved and actual factory plugs, all of your dtc (codes) are linked to missfire issues i would also pull those accel cops out and return em if you can and buy a set of factorys i hear you can get em at global for a decent price the accels are well known for not working straight out of the box check your plug brand and make sure there motorcraft and one last thing did you put a small amount of dieletric grease on the plug boot? this helps to seal the spark in and keep moisture out

Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
they are motorcraft

Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
i would definetly be looking at those cops then i dont know who you bought them from some people will not take electronics back my local napa boys do for me but i spend alot of money there as well, but i definetly say swap to either global, motorcraft or alot of guys will hate this but im running granitellis with no probs. also did you do a fuel pressure check before the swap? you may be chasing the wrong prob

Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 PM
heres another idea if you cant return em. do you still have the old cops? if so put some dielectric grease on the ends stick em back in exept for the bad one and swap the accells out with the bad one it might take all 8 to find a good one but if you cant return em its better than having to buy another set right away

Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 PM
actual thire are granitellis did not mean to say aceal chand my mind on thime ,but i did not put dielectdic grase on thime .whine i first starde it run good far a day soy chould no grase cause it to run that bad

Old 05-27-2011, 03:39 PM
put grase on all of cop and swap arond white old one same thing chold a Mass air flow sensor make run like that can un plug it and it dose not run much defent

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I've never known anyone that has successfully ran Granitelli's, -not for any length of time anyway. Well, until now. At-least you could get Accel's to last more than just a few months on occasion. You pay what, -maybe 3 times as much for cute paint covering junk coils for the most part. Goodluck trying to get a refund.

That aside, Granitelli just may have the best coil connectors on the market. Solid, Heavy, Rigid, Wrapped with a thicker Silicone shield. Direct connect, no resistance connectors. No little springs to deal with and they're sold separately.

Your better off taking your chances w/Global or Uneek coils. Purchase the the V10 pack of DG508's. Those 2 spares may come in handy.

No manufacturer or reseller is absolutely perfect when it comes to coils. From what I've read, your chances are pretty good getting a bad one right out of the box. I've never had that experience with them, but others have.

Also, They can be installed incorrectly. A bad contact can short a new out as soon as you turn the key. They SHOULD be greased correctly for longevity and over all better results. If you grease them incorrectly, that cylinder may not fire.

Last edited by jbrew; 05-27-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah these engines have performance ignition from the factory the weapon x look cool and if you have the spare $$ have at it. They wont perform any better then stock coils the 15hp gain they claim is BS.. the E-bay coils work just fine..

Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM
now i have code 106 what dose this mean