Jiffy Lube

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jiffy Lube

Thought everyone might enjoy seeing this.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx

Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a bunch of @$$holes

Thats why I do most of the work myself!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 PM
and if I can not do it I watch. If I can not watch I go where I can.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CRASH594
and if I can not do it I watch. If I can not watch I go where I can.
Exactly!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
That's some chit right there, especially from a national chain... I'd be right in everyone's face if that had happened to me...

I hear you guys. I'm the same way.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
One of my first jobs out of high school happened to be at JiffyLube. I did perform all of the services I sold. I do have to admit that our bonus was based upon how many extra services we sold, so we forced to sell unneeded products and services. And the markup on those services was unreal. Needless to say, I do not return to any of these quicklube places after I upgraded my job. To think of a kid fresh off the street working on my beloved truck- it's not going to happen. The horror stories I could tell.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 PM
^^could always use some good stories. Do tell. haha

Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Brother inlaw was an AAMCO tech he told me they sometimes reused tranny oil and charged for stuff the never did. Gotta wonder how often they just top off the oil and send people on there was..

Old 02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Thats crazy! I take my wifes car to jiffy all the time to get the oil changed, mainly because its just up the road from my house. Geez you cant trust anybody!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Thats crazy! I take my wifes car to jiffy all the time to get the oil changed, mainly because its just up the road from my house. Geez you cant trust anybody!
Well at least it's the wife's car and not the f150...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, that's some serious shiet there!.............That is why I go to my Trusted Motorcraft Dealer!..........

Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Another thing to consider-at JiffyLube they vacuum out your car, and you get have to get out of the car for that. The pit is open, and chances are your auto is obstructing your view of who is in that pit from the top, but not the view from below. No big deal if you are a male, but a female in a skirt might be providing quite a show for the pit troll. I usually worked up top, so I was not privy to many of these shows, but I would never let my gf take a car to Jiffy in a skirt.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I have been of work for last 2 years due to getting hurt at work. I have had 3 surgeries with infections.It is almost impossible to find someone to just change your oil and lube the front end.Walmart puts 7qts in my 98 SC. 4.6.When I ask him why?He tells me that they just fill it untill it says full on the dip stick.When I talk to the manager"dude" he tells me it takes 7 with a filter. I go get the owners manual and he tells me it wrong dude. So now they try to drain out a qt.The kid gets a oil bath and tells me its cool.Now I know that I have more than 5 but less than 6. I tell them that I am not happy and to do it over. He tells me NO WAY DUDE.So I get the store manager and they both give me a bunch of double talk telling me I donot now what I am talking about.At one point they start laughing at me like its a big joke.The Dude gets smart and insults me. I get madder and ****** him up by the shirt and ask him if he would to spend the rest of the night in the emergency room. I just leave. So the next day, I talked to the district manager and he is a smart *** too, and says he will give me my money back. Even though they should call the police on me because I threatened his employees. I asked him if he was familiar with the local news investigative reporter, he hung up on me. I called Walmart HQ in AK, they told me that the tire and lube is a franchise and they are not responsible, but they sent me a gift card also. So next time, I go to a Valvoline quickchange place and I tell them that there are 6 fittings and ask them to lube them and check the rear end fluid.They tell me that the diff fluid is dirty and needs to be changed. They show you fluid on a little piece of cardboard. I tell them just make sure that it's full. I get home they only lubed 2 fittings and never checked the rear end,I could tell because Ihad just been toa beach and the diff was covered with sand.I go back they are smoking a joint out back.They say they are sorry and lube the front end and change the rear end on the house.I called the manger and he gives me my money back and says that he sorry.I tell him me to. Now I go to a local shop I have to make an appointment but untill I can do it myself I will have to wait.

Last edited by BB4xl; 02-27-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 AM
last time i took my truck in for an oil change it was at the local Car Spa. i told them to flush the coolant. while i was watching them do everything, they guy dropped a hose and sprayed coolant all over the front end of my freshly washed truck and all over the engine. needless to say i was pissed. and when i confronted them about it they just said that they didnt know what happened that they would clean it up. so after they are done i went out to look at and they never wiped up any of the coolant. so i wait for the manager, and he comes out and tells me that its not their fault and if i want they can spray it down with a hose. and i laughed at him. and he tried to tell me that spraying it down with a pressure hose wouldnt hurt it, and they he doesn it to his mustang all the time. well i told him to go screw himself. i havent been back their since it sucks too cause i had been going there for several years and never had a problem before that

Old 02-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks for posting this. There is a News 4 Station in the NY/NJ area and I thought the story was from around here. To think that I wanted at one time to buy a Jiffy Lube franchise. I guess nobody even checks for Pep Boys.

Quick Reply: Jiffy Lube