Originally Posted by jbrew
Thanx for the dude
sarcasm or not, your welcome

Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
sarcasm or not, your welcome

Wasn't meant that way - I didn't know they changed them in 03. I thought it was the same as the 150 - 04 .

Sincerely thanx

Bonehead

Old 05-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
hahah well your sincerely drunkenly welcome

Old 05-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new fuse box is in....still no crank/no start. no more buzzing noise though. tech is gonna hook up the IDS when the other tech is finished with it.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:58 AM
had to reload info into the pcm. truck starts now, but runs rough due to the pcm not expecting the s/c setup. i tried loading my xcall tunes in, but got a "wrong vehicle" message. phone message left at tuners.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:27 PM

So the PCM went brain dead ? Aneurysm ? Your not talking a Flash are yuh ?

Wow !!! This is kinduh of a freak mishap isn't it. There not by chance going to give you any breaks are they - this just doesn't happen , I haven't heard of it any way .

A PCM meltdown yeah , but never a total reload for the same PCM..

Am I missing something here??? This must really suck

What happened?

Last edited by jbrew; 05-19-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
hahah well your sincerely drunkenly welcome
Hey are done with school yet Patrick - Whens the party ?

Old 05-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Hey are done with school yet Patrick - Whens the party ?
ive been done with school for i think 3.5 weeks now. Well for this semester. And i party every friday now a days

Old 05-20-2007, 07:53 PM
So the PCM went brain dead ? Aneurysm ? Your not talking a Flash are yuh ?

Wow !!! This is kinduh of a freak mishap isn't it. There not by chance going to give you any breaks are they - this just doesn't happen , I haven't heard of it any way .

A PCM meltdown yeah , but never a total reload for the same PCM..

Am I missing something here??? This must really suck

What happened?
all i can tell you is i pulled up to a stop sign, and the truck shut off. no warning or anything. turns out it was the fusebox, but in the process, it somehow wiped the pcm of all memory. the tech reloaded the pcm with all the latest updates and calibrations, and that is where the problem lies with the xcal II. it thinks i am trying to use it on a different vehicle. my tuner said to mail it to him, and he has to send it in to sct to be unlocked, and then he can reload the tunes and mail it back. not a quick process from what i understand. anywho, he said he has a chip there that i can plug into the service port of my pcm to get the truck to run properly until the xcal comes back, and then i will just mail back his chip. so, in theory, i should be driving the truck home after my shift tuesday. so, $110 for a new fusebox, i'm guessing 3-4 hours labor @ $65/hr with all the tracing the bad wire down and the install, and about 1 week rental($25/day) when all said and done.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM

Well It could of been worse - I remeber chipped Ford diesel's where having issue's sort of like yours but worse - The trucks would just die , but they were doing it on the expessway and it would happen @ 70 mph on some occasions -

Hope they get the tune back to yuh fast -

Good Luck..

Old 05-26-2007, 08:59 AM
UPDATE: i finally got the tune all set yesterday. finally left work with the vehicle after 11 days. got 3/4 of the way home, and the truck shut off at a stop sign. no crank/no start....couldnt even put it in nuetral for the tow truck. towed back to the shop, and they will look at it later today.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:45 AM
turned out that the ignition fuse blew in the brand new fuse box. tech installed a new fuse, and has been driving around for a good 45 minutes....with no additional problems. HOPEFULLY i am all set now.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if its the same fuse blowing, wouldnt you want to look for the related wires and see if they are shorting out?

Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
if its the same fuse blowing, wouldnt you want to look for the related wires and see if they are shorting out?
thats the situation now. drove around all day and night sunday without any issues. today, i left to go to a museum with my family, and the fuse blew while we were driving. at least it was only about 100 yards from my house. after pulling 3-4 30 amp fuses from different spot of the fusebox...all of them blowing as soon as i turned the key, we walked back and got the other car. several hours later, i went to autozone and bought some fuses. plugged the first one in and viola, truck started without blowing the fuse. drove it back down the street to my house. started without issue several times after that, but i never went anywhere....wasnt in the mood to be on the side of the road anymore. when and if i get to work tomorrow, i will relay this to the techs. the only thing i can think of is the ignition switch in the column somehow got messed up when the original fusebox blew...at least, i believe that is the only thing connected to the ignition fuse.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
todays update...let for work this morning. got about 1/4 from the house...fuse blows. another ride on the wrecker to work. tech went to diagnose...truck started up normal. put it in drive and let it run on the lift for about 30 minutes. truck didnt shut off. never wants to do it when being diagnosed. wtf! i am a lot madder than it appears...i just hide it well.

Quick Reply: Truck Is Down