4.6 mustang vs. 4.6 f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but thats where im worried that the 03 wouldnt match up to the 04? what is the differnce? i dont know at all i would suggest that there has to be some differnce though

Old 02-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ridge
but thats where im worried that the 03 wouldnt match up to the 04? what is the differnce? i dont know at all i would suggest that there has to be some differnce though
They make them for the 04 4.6L as well - I know it might be hard to read that chart , I 'll cut out the section that has your motor listed -

Old 02-02-2007, 01:48 AM
can you send me the link to there techs so i can write them about the price...

Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I posted it awhile ago . I just went to the that link and got the info for yuh..They have a PDF download for Ford applications..

Old 02-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... His name is MIKE TROYER. Perhaps if you would use him, since he's the BEST, you would know all about it.

damn why dont u marry the guy than?

Old 02-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Neal,
you did not post that cam timing is done through tuning. Please tell me my eyes are wrong.

Cam timing has to do with the rotating assembly and nothing to do with tune, the computer does not control the cams in anyway.

That is why we buy degree wheels and dial indicators so that we can adjust the cams into proper alignment

Oh and dude, we know Mike and we know he can tune and that he sells parts. He is one of the better tuners out there and has helped me on some problem tunes myself, but you have got to get your head out of his butt.

not trying to bash, but it does make you look like an @$$clown

Like myself you are being innovative and trying different things, that is cool. Heck I think you break as many parts as I do

Old 02-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by Faster150
damn why dont u marry the guy than?
HI!... I leave marring guys up to you.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by skidmarkracing
Neal,
you did not post that cam timing is done through tuning. Please tell me my eyes are wrong.

Cam timing has to do with the rotating assembly and nothing to do with tune, the computer does not control the cams in anyway.

That is why we buy degree wheels and dial indicators so that we can adjust the cams into proper alignment

Oh and dude, we know Mike and we know he can tune and that he sells parts. He is one of the better tuners out there and has helped me on some problem tunes myself, but you have got to get your head out of his butt.

Like myself you are being innovative and trying different things, that is cool. Heck I think you break as many parts as I do

HI!... The ones that bash TROYER PERFORMANCE are the ones that look like a$$clowns to me and a ton of others here. Guys who tune out of their back shed think they know what they are doing, it's quite comical. As for timing I adjust mine all the time, either it done with the cams or through tuning it still comes down to the same thing. Adjusting the timing. IMO it's easier to adjust your timing through the programmer or tuning than it is with the cam adjusters. MIKE already explained this in this guys other thread................

P.S : It would also be smart to post you comments in the right thread.......FYI this ain't it. lol!

You've got some bad info, I'm afraid.

Proper tuning can add FAR more timing than any 10 degrees, or 20 degrees, or 30 degrees - it adds what is proper and correct got the vehicle, it's engine and the fuel being run on. But the person doing the actual tuning does that, not you - the amount of *additional* timing you can add over top of what we do in our custom tunes is limited so that people cannot hurt their engines - once we tune a vehicle, adding more timing is only going to produce *less* power, as we tune it for maximum brake torque at any throttle position, load or rpm level - so taking it beyond that level will only reduce power and can also cause the knock sensor to activate - see, you can easily overspark a motor before it actually detonates - having the experience of 15 years of specializing in F-150 tuning puts us in a position to know exactly what it takes to get the best power from these engines.

Your best bet, by far, is to have us do a custom tune to the vehicle, and just forcing more spark via a cam timing adjuster is a dangerous way to do things, especially when you are not degreeing the cams in to start off with - and cannot give you the kind of power & performance that proper tuning can. The amount of actual performance improvement between just putting a timing adjuster on versus our custom tuning is quite a bit, we generally double if not triple the actual reduction in acceleration times, etc., as well as provide far better driveability and optimizing things that can only be done via PCM tuning.

If you'd like to get some correct & proper info on this, and the differences, etc., please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below, OK?

Last edited by Neal; 02-02-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Neal,

+1 well said

Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Faster150
+1 well said
HI!... Not really.................

Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Neal, it was very well said. Read the ****** post. He is talking about the bolt on timing adjusters that are offered for the Mod motor. he is not talking about adjusting timing with the cams. he even mentions degreeing the cams in. Dude you are wrong, just admit it, instead of makeing yourself look even more stupid.

I in no way Bashed Mike, I satated before, he has helped me out many times and is a good guy to work with. I am trying not to bash you any as well, but come on, you are making it easy and it is very hard to resist

and just forcing more spark via a cam timing adjuster is a dangerous way to do things, especially when you are not degreeing the cams in to start off with

Last edited by skidmarkracing; 02-02-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:22 PM
and just forcing more spark via a cam timing adjuster is a dangerous way to do things, especially when you are not degreeing the cams in to start off with
HI!... My point exactly. That's why I said he would be better off using a programmer if he wants to play with timing. I should of worded it better in my post in the "OTHER" thread..................

Old 02-02-2007, 06:38 PM
OK, I feel better now. You scared me for a minute.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Cool

OK, I feel better now. You scared me for a minute.
HI!... No problem, sometimes I type too fast for my own good!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:30 PM
doesn't his year of truck also have a return style fuel system. The mustangs also came with both the romeo and windsor motors it was a crap shoot on the one you got, becides the valve cover distances they also had diffrent fly wheels. romeo had 6 bolt and the windsor had eight

Quick Reply: 4.6 mustang vs. 4.6 f150