hey OE812

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey OE812

have you ever ordered boot coils from the( sherco)? if so what do you think? i have to do something soon, this truck missed all the way home from work this morning. Rob

Old 02-09-2005, 10:07 AM
No. I bought mine from the dealer. Sherco was my second choice. Let's try to work through your issue again. Recap exactly what transpired before the coil change. Others will offer input on this board as well. We will try to point you in the right direction before you order parts by trial and error. Give up a recap....

Old 02-09-2005, 11:31 AM
okay here we go :

before i changed the 2 coils the truck would buck under a load.( between 45-55 mph.) Expecially when it rained outside. Got so fed up with it i broke down and took it to a dyno shop. The hook it up and after an hour and a half the tech returned to me saying he could not find anything wrong with the truck. He asked when it usually missed up and i told him when it rains. He left, go about 30 min returned back to me and said that the #1 coil has a bad boot, and #5 was wasted. He said that he sprayed water on the coils to find this. He said that the #5 coil looked like a spider web of sparks. He then handed me a bill of $75 bucks. Said thanks.

Day later got 2 new coils to replace #1&#5 coils. Replaced them. Applied grease with them. Well for a day it ran great! It tried to make it buck under a load. Didnt!! That was this past Friday. Saturday the buckin was back. Wasnt has bad at first, then back to same as before. I called the Dyno shop back Monday and they said sorry, they didnt do the work no help from us, so i asked for the tech who worked on it and spoke with him. he said that to replace boots, and apply grease to all. He said that he was lost also. he said that he had 3 other trucks there that has the same problem, but he cant pin point the problems. So i pulled all the coils back out reapplied grease and it still bucks. I even pulled the #5 plug and it look good. Well thats all the info i have. Hope this helps. I went to the Sherco web site and i like their kits because from 1 there cheaper, and you get new springs. Now i did recalled all the part store here in Columbus and no one carries the boot. but the dealer COULD order the boots at 17.89 a piece. Thanks for you help in advance.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. First of all, I would clean the throttle body and MAF sensor. Second, Change the air and fuel filters if they haven't been changed in over 12,000 miles. Once that is done, see how it idles and drives under load. If there is no improvement, take your truck to AutoZone (free) or any shop with an OBDII scan tool to see if you have any codes at present.

This will give you a good starting point of diagnosis. Total cost of doing this is around $30 if you take truck to AutoZone. Give us an update once this is done.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:19 PM
well the airfliter is a k&n and its clean. I did order new boots from sherco today. Thanks for that site!! JCWhitney has a kit for $20 more. How do i clean that sensor and T.B? When my truck was on the dyno they ran a fuel pressure check and they said it was normal. dont know if i ever mentioned my millage before, but it is 44600. think i should change fuel filter anyway? thanks for your time...Rob

Old 02-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Use TB cleaner on the Throttle Body and Windex on the MAF sensor. And yes, you should change the fuel filter.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:17 AM
parkerzr2:

Pick up a PCV valve at the auto parts place. For detailed instructions on how to clean the throttle body, do a search for throttle body cleaning at F150online. It will give you detailed instructions.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:22 AM
okay. ill change filter, pvc valve and clean T.B. sounds like ill have a busy weekend!!! anything else i should try? Rob

Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 AM
While you are changing the PCV valve, check the PCV hose from one end to the other. Make certain there are no cracks and it fits snug at both ends. I periodically change the PCV grommet at the valve cover.

This is a good starting point. Let us know.

Quick Reply: hey OE812