Does Ford even care? PLEASE READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still don't the "commercial" vehicle clause you said voided your warranty. What specifically does your warranty say? I tried searching on the web for Wynn's warranty contract but came up empty. You say it's BS, I say BS, and many others say BS. So, why don't you focus your energy on going after Wynn and not Ford. IMO, if you send the letter to Ford, it will find its way into the shredder.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Sounds like..

It sounds like CWRABEL & hcmq have something SMALL in common. I don't undertand why certain people feel it's necessary to be RUDE. People that are RUDE and use all CAPS tend to be upset with certain small misfortunes they were born with..... if you know what I mean? I'm sorry the good man upstairs wasn't fair to you, but don't take your frustrations out on the rest of us.

I'm sure there are at least a few people on this site that have Wynn's extended warranties. I'm also sure these people may not be aware that having a decal on their truck can void their warranty. It doesn't matter if I think Wynn's or Ford is responsible. That fact is all people aren't as perfect as CWRABEL & hcmq. I read the contract prior to signing, but there was no mention of a decal making it a business vehicle. It was a vaque statement that allows MANY loop holes. Here is exactly what the warranty says-

Cancellation of this contract-
Your vehicle is used for a business, deliveries, construction, or commercial hauling, or as a postal vehicle, taxi police car, emergency vehicle or has a snow plow installed.

So what if I ask Ford for some help? Does it hurt to ask? I've never once said they're responsible. I have stated I persoannly believe they should step up if they want to keep me as a loyal customer. I also believe I am only one of the MILLIONS that buy Fords. I do know they will at least reply... whether the news is to my liking or not, the fact is I think the letter will be reviewed and replied to. As far as Wynn's... they are a crappy company that screws their customers. I'm hoping my misfortune will help stop someone else from being screwed. They know they are covered and I cannot beat them in court. I went to the top and was told there was nothing they could do... a policy is a policy. I did contact a lawyer and was advised I could NOT win. I then took it upon myself to try other avenues. I contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. For any of you that live in CA, you know nothing happens to quickly. This is probably due to under manning and budget cuts. Is Ford obligated? NO!! Is Future Ford obligated? NO!! Do I feel the need to ask for some assistance? YES!!! Will I get it? Well the Dealership has stepped up and helped. ONCE again... THEY were the ones who suggested I contact Ford. It may not even make it to Ford. It's addressed to the Northern CA Ford Rep. It does NOT hurt to ask. Have I stated I was better than anyone else and deserve special treatment? NO!!! I do think me buying 5 Fords in the past 7 years should count for something.

Sorry I'm thick headed, but I never claimed to be perfect. I will say I will say a extra little prayer for CWRABEL & hcmq. At least you guys weren't born as women. Not bagging on women.... I love then to death, but I'm sooooo glad I was born a man.

Old 02-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Maybe I missed something here, but was the vehicle maintained at a Ford dealership? That usually matters in these situations. Otherwise, those Zip-lubes of the world just might have forgotten to do something and Ford is likely to look at this kind of problem that way, especially beyond the 3/36 warranty.

P.S.: I am not a Ford employee, just a faithful dealer customer for over 30 years. Yes, my vehicles go back to a very good Ford dealer for everything and I run them up and over 200,000 miles. I have found my dealer's prices are fair, the waiting time is normal and keeping the maintenace logged into Ford's website could matter down the road. Every now and then Ford will look hard at their customer's loyalty and dealer service - it has worked in my favor several times over those 30 years.

Old 02-21-2004, 02:17 AM
I've done...

I've done 90% of the maintenance on my local Big O tire location. I only have Castrol oil put in all my vehicles. My Dad always told me he believed you should only USE one brand of oil in your vehicle. It said it didn't matter if you liked Castrol, Moble One or any other brand... just stick with one. Of course the Ford dealership does not have Castrol and that is the biggest reason I choose to go to Big O. I do have receipts for all maintenace done to the truck. There is NO dispute that the vehicle hasn't been well maintained, it's the fact Wynn's found a loop hole and ran with it. I was asking Ford to possibly help with the price if the head due to the uncommon problem found on my truck.

Old 02-21-2004, 02:39 AM
Not trying to argue Castrol vs. Motorcraft or any other oil. Just trying to make the point that the dealer is your best refuge in these situations. If the truck has been properly maintained at the dealership - and like an **** person, I do that every 3,000 miles on my trucks - you are most likely to get better help from Ford in the long run.

I know the arguments: have to leave it for most of the day just to get the oil changed, etc.

My "Quick Lane" Ford dealer can do just about anything as fast as the local quick lube dealers. And, all in all - it just might be worth the effort as the service is documented into Ford and if you do have an out of warranty issue, your odds are much better for getting Ford support if the vehicle was serviced at a Ford dealer.

Good luck although I don't think you have much of a chance with Ford on this particular problem.

Old 02-21-2004, 03:03 AM
Thanks cheri/ck

I understand what you're saying and completely agree with you. Anytime I have an issue that I think will be covered by my warranty, I take it to the dealer where the truck was purchased. I have never had a bad experience with a extended warranty prior to this situation. I've always been lucky, but got hosed on this one. I take responsibilty for having the decal. If I had taken the decal off, none of this would of happened. If I felt I was doing something wrong or something that might void my warranty, I surely would of removed the decal. The truck has been in before and Wynn's paid the claim. I had the same decal then, but because it wasn't a high dollar amount it was paid. Just have to be more careful in the future. Thanks again.....

Old 02-21-2004, 06:10 AM
interesting posts......... lots of soul searching......... lots of frustration and venting........ richgonefishing, I hope you find what you are looking for, but I don't think it will amount to much.
I love my Ford truck, and just having it has made me understand alot more about engines, trans.....etc.. I know that problems I have and have had with it led me to this site and some other good ones but thinking about it whenever I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with my ride sometimes makes me wish that I had purchased something else.....but I can't right now so I have to endure with what I have, suck it up and drive on.
I think that is what you might have to do too. My opinion is like alot of others who posted on this thread, you should try to focus more of your energies on Wynn not on Corp. Ford and keep trying to get more assistance from your key ally: the dealer. It sounds like they have already offered alot of assistance in the matter and are trying to be flexable with you while Wynn has not, so who does that tell you the real "enemy" is?
Hopefully soon we can see a post from you that has some good news on the matter, but again in my opinion ( which is just that ) I think we should put this one to rest. Good Luck.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:09 AM
All right, you asked for advice. I gave it. It wasn't what you wanted to hear. You accused me of being rude. I apologized for coming accross as rude. you didn't acknowledge. You still called me rude and made very immature comments about me. I made no comments about you just your letter as did many others here and as was asked to be made by you.

I am sorry for your situation and feel it could be handled a different way. It is just my opinion. I wasn't rude, just to the point. And my answers were not what you wanted to hear.

Do not ever pray for me. I didn't ask you to nor do I appreciate it. Keep your religious beliefs and practices to yourself. It would also suit you well to keep your half hearted comments about my manhood to yourself as well.

Again I will restate my opinion, Get a different lawyer-according to your posts it doesn't seem that you have tried that-cut your loses and document everything. Keep after Wynns not Ford.

I hope for the best for you and that you eventually get what you want.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:39 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Rich,

Lets review the facts. You bought a few Ford vehicles. You do not maintain your vehicles at the Dealership. You bought a POS warranty from Wynns. You are angry. Stop right now and take a deep breath. Who do you feel owes you any thing? Number one should be Wynns, number two is? Think a minute, if you had bought an extended warranty from XYZ company and they had paid your claim you would probably be hailing this company as the second coming and would not even think about what caused the problem. You are angry at Ford because Wynns told you to take a hike. Fair enough but remember Ford fulfilled their obligation to you as they repaired all and any faults with their product during their contracted milage/time obligation. Morally Ford did what they said they would do. Regardless of what you think you are not a loyal customer. Loyal customers do not threaten to stop doing business when things go wrong. You did or want to if you send the letter as it is. Loyal customers work things out. They first state the problem and ask for help. Everybody knows that you can take your business elsewhere and stating that in the letter is rude and more importantly confrontational. I own my own business and when my customers contact me with a problem I go all out and I would guess that 90% of the time they go home happy. Of the remaining 10%, 90% go home understanding that I could do no more for them and are satisfied and come back to conduct more business. Of the other 10%? Two words, F them. There is nothing I can do to help and I do not want them as a customer. If they come back they know the terms and either they live with it or take their business elsewhere.
In the big scheme of things your ego may make you feel that you are important but your volume of business with Ford doesn’t warrant the effort if they feel that you will walk if a negative answer is given. So have a nice day and enjoy your new Chevy or Dodge.......

Respectfully

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 02-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Re: Sounds like..

Originally posted by richgonfishn
So what if I ask Ford for some help? Does it hurt to ask? I've never once said they're responsible.
No, it doesnt hurt to ask, but please, read your letter again. It sure gives me the impression you are blaming Ford for Wynn's warranty BS they are pulling by asking them to pay for you repairs, or youll never buy another Ford vehicle.

I have stated I persoannly believe they should step up if they want to keep me as a loyal customer.
Ford has no obligation to fix your truck at this point. Your warranty with Ford is expired, and Wynn's is not a part of Ford. Sure, you can hope they will pay for it...but saying it is their responsibility is not right. I also think threatening to discontinue buying their vehicles because they dont pay for Wynns screwup is not fair either.

Is Ford obligated? NO!! Is Future Ford obligated? NO!! Do I feel the need to ask for some assistance? YES!!! Will I get it? Well the Dealership has stepped up and helped.
And once again...if you realize that Ford has no obligation, why threaten to stop buying their trucks if they dont pay for your repairs?

Originally posted by richgonfishn Sorry I'm thick headed, but I never claimed to be perfect. I will say I will say a extra little prayer for CWRABEL & hcmq. At least you guys weren't born as women. Not bagging on women.... I love then to death, but I'm sooooo glad I was born a man.
You asked for opinions.
They disagree.
You start this name calling and insulting, simply because they dont agree with you, once again...I think you need to take a second look and think about who the RUDE person really is.

Last edited by Johngs; 02-21-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Johngs

Johngs, thank you for the reply. I'm not sure why, but your post made alot of clear sense. I guess someone has finally gotten through my thick head. (lol) What you say is simple and to the point. We ran out of stamps and did not get the letter out to the Ford Rep. I will take your thoughts in writing a third letter. Of course it will be the only letter the Rep receives. I will word it in a way as I'm explaining what has happened, and ask if there is any assistance they can give. I do feel it's important to let them know I've purchased 5 Fords in the past 7 years. I will let them know I feel I'm a LOYAL Ford customer considering I've only purchased Ford's. I will NOT threaten to NOT buy another Ford if no assistance is given. I will word it in a way thay I'm in a bad situation and asking for any assitance available. Every situation is different and maybe there is something they can offer. Even the head at their cost would help. I guess the third time is a charm. I will write and post my third and hopefully final letter today. I will also write a letter to Wynn's. I've already filed the complaint with the BBB. You guys are 100% correct in the fact I was going after the wrong person. I knew that, but I guess my frustration came out as if I felt Ford was the bad guy. As far as Wynn's. They are a very LARGE company so please check to see if you have their policy. I don't believe these warranties are sold at real dealerships, but smaller used car lots, banks and credit unions offer them. Not all of us buy from true dealerships. Even though it may help, I don't think this situation would of been handled any different if I had maintained my vehicle at the ford dealership. We live and we learn. I'm picking the truck up today. My advisor worked with the service manager and they got the bill down to $2750.00. That will cover, power window motor, new head, complete new gasket kit and all labor costs. I have praised Future Ford since this whole mess started. The advisor stated he had actually lost sleep the night Wynn's cancelled my policy. He was almost more pissed than I was. He understood they were screwing me and was quite frustrated. It was kind of funny... he said something like "there has to be some kind of extended warranty police that will help throw the Wynn's guy in jail" Maybe you had to have been there, but I knew he was MAD and the way he said it was quite funny!! I guess at that point, it hadn't completely sunken in yet. I figured there was some mistake and all would be good.

hcmq- you just caught me at a bad time. I didn't take your posts as opinions. I took them as a personal assualt and felt your comments were more rude then helpful. I understand now you didn't intend for the posts to be rude. I appologise for my comments and they were more bullcrap than anything. Sometimes when your down and you feel as if people has still kicking dirt in your face, you lash out and try and make yourself feel better. I think I did that and I am sorry. Thanks for even posting your opinions.

I think back and here are some points I never made. It wants to make me cry. lol I bought a 2002 F-150 to replace this 1998 F-150. Why? Because I wanted two things. Crew Cab & the bigger 5.4 engine. The 1998 has been an awesome truck and has very little issues. I found a great deal on the 2002 and decided to do for it. I figured I owned the 1998 and I could sell it for around $14,000.00. I would take that money and put it directly onto the new 2002. They only thing wrong with the 1998 was the drivers side window was not working. I wanted to have it fixed prior to selling it. The truck was completely detailed out and ready for sale. I was offered $13,000.00 while it sat in front of my house. I figured this is going to be simple. The truck is a 9 out of 10 and for the year has low mileage. If only I hadn't taken it in for the window!!! Here is the real season I'm kicking myself. I had removed 2 of the three decals. Not sure why, but the third was forgotten about. Again, it had been in for service prior with the decals and had no problems. If anything good came out of this, at least the new buyer will have a engine with a brand new head. The warranty would of been transferred to the new owner, but that is now gone. It was good through June 2006 or 100,000 miles. At least I know this truck is in perfect condition for whoever is luck enough to buy it.

Have a great weekend all.

Thank you,
Rich

Old 02-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Well I have to laugh at your posts because you keep changing your story. You said you knew the contract stated that the vehicle could not be used for business, yet you had your business decals (3) on your truck. You stated you took the truck in for servicing and had no problems, well servicing and warranty work are two different animals. You stated before you took the truck in you removed 2 of the decals but forgot about the 3rd which leads me to believe you knew you may have a problem with the decals on the truck. Fact is if you had not had the decals on the truck Wynn's would have fixed your truck no problem. I think you were trying to pull one over on wynns and that is why you were removing the decals before you took the truck into the delearship. You can spin this anyway you want to, but the more you talk and change your story, the more it appears you had a mental lapse about removing all your business decals and that is the reason your warranty was not honored. Its not a loophole if its spelled out in the contract. You screwed up and can't face the fact that if not for your stupidity, your warranty would have been honored.

You can insult me all you want, but the fact is you don't know me, or what kind of "equipment" I have. Like HCMQ I really don't need or want your prayers. I would like to give you one more thing and that is .......... HERES YOUR SIGN..............Hope you understand that one because it fits you perfectly.

I think you have learned a very expensive lesson, if you use your truck for business remove all your business magnetic decals before it goes into the dealer.

Anyone who believes you were just advertising, I have some ocean front property in arizona I would like to sell you.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Removing....

CWRABEL-
Me removing the decals HAD nothing to do with taking the truck in for warranty work. If you'd read before inserting your foor in your mouth, you'd notice I"M SELLING the vehicle. The decals were removed for the purpose of showing the truck without any type of decals. Some people might use decals to cover-up scratches or maybe even a small dent. (something CWRABEL would probably do) I don't care if there were 30 decals, the truck was not used commercially or as a business vehicle. This truck was not driven to work or ever used for work. Next time you go to the lake, them me how many PERSONAL vehicles have some type of advertisement on them. There are quite a few... yes, some of them are true business everyday vehicles, but the fact allot of people advertise on their personal vehicles.

Good try, but you're still way off. Only one changing their story here is you. Oh, one last thing... nobody wants to buy the ocean front property you were dumb enough to buy. Are you enjoying the surf? Dude, where's my car?

Old 02-22-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm going to write a letter to Ford. (Here’s my sob story)

I bought my f150 in Arizona when I was living and working there. A year and a half later my work moved me to Montana and you know what? Ford (and the Arizona dealer) did not install a block heater in my truck when I bought it in Arizona. The temperatures here in Montana get to 40 below; a block heater is really a necessity if you want to get to work on the really cold days.

I contend that Ford should "step up" and eat the cost of my block heater. They can afford it. After all, I am a loyal customer, I've bought three Fords at the same dealer (same salesman even).

Ok, enough sarcasm.

richgonfishn,

I'm sure you will consider me "rude" because I disagree with you on this, but you should understand that successful corporations like Ford are successful because they don't just "eat" every expense that they could "eat". If they were to pay for my block heater and your head (and everyone else’s gripe); they would eventually pass that cost on to consumers in the form of higher vehicle prices. And if they just pay for your head, and not my block heater then that wouldn’t really be adequate to me (another loyal Ford customer).

Quite frankly, I don't want to pay for your head the next time I purchase a new Ford. Then again, I wouldn't want anyone to pay for my block heater as higher cost on a new vehicle either.

Just a question here; do you think that Ford should accommodate just you and your sob story, or should Ford accommodate everyone with a sob story? And if they should accommodate everyone with a sob story because they can afford it (would be thousands maybe tens of thousands) where should that money come from? Guess they can just eat the cost. I think not.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
richgonfishn,

I really think you need to have your wife stand beside you and act like a spell checker so that your 3rd grade mentality doesn't show up with all your mis-spelled words. I would love to be a fly on the wall when your letter arrives at FORD to listen to all the laughter that will be heard throughout FORD. Regardless you screwed yourself by not removing the DECALS on your truck.

This is my last post regarding this. Its your fault and noone elses. I hope you enjoy paying that 2800.00 dollars because noone deserves it more than you. There are people on here with legit complaints that really need help and we have to listen to you complain about something that is the result of your STUPIDITY.

Enjoy the cost of your new head.

Quick Reply: Does Ford even care? PLEASE READ!!