Does Ford even care? PLEASE READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Credit Union....

Originally posted by JMC
I would return to the Credit Union and ask to talk to the Manager. It is a service that the Credit Union was offering and it was bogus. Were the persons selling the product knowledgable? If not they may be putting your CU at risk. This I believe is not allowed under CU by-laws. You may want to have the CU's Supervisory Committee look into it.

JMC
I did go to the Credit Union and explained the whole situation. They agreed I was being screwed and contacted Wynn's. They got as far as I did... which is no where. Wynn's keeps pointing to the BUSINESS use. I bought this warranty a few years back and the Credit Union is no longer offering Wynn's warranties.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
three words.........

Better business bureau.

My brother had an incident where some company did not send out his order and gave him a run around for about 2 weeks, he contacted the BBB and they sent out his stuff the next day when they found that the BBB was contacted. Then later the BBB sent my brother a letter saying that they called the company numerous times to get some feedback on the situtation, and they have never responded and therefore have a complaint registered with the BBB. I'd register a complaint if I were you, and if you want to pursue it further talk to a lawyer for any legal action. I am not sure of your exact situation, eg. If the sticker was a real commercial sticker(or not), but a good lawyer should tell you if you have some kind of recourse for the situation.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:29 AM
New Letter!!

Here is what my wife has written up. I'm sure it's better... what do you think?

Dear Mr. Jon Doe,

I am a loyal Ford customer and recently had an issue regarding my warranty being cancelled. I have bought 5 Fords in the past 7 years and have always spoken highly of the Ford name. I brought my 1998 F150 into Future Ford located in Roseville, California to have the driver’s side power window motor replaced. I received a call from my advisor stating that there was a sign of a head leak. The Future Ford mechanic said he had never seen anything as bad as my truck was. Upon learning this, Luis, the Future Ford advisor called Wynn’s and they asked that the heads be removed for examination. They would not send an inspector until the engine was torn down. Wynn’s visited Future Ford and took photos of the truck. Apparently, the claim seemed to have been authorized until the repair reached a certain dollar amount. I and Future Ford believe Wynn’s found a loop hole as to why they would not pay for the repairs. Wynn’s stated that because I had a decal on one side of my truck they categorized it as a commercial vehicle. Wynn’s stated that it didn’t matter if the truck had sat in my driveway all year long….the fact that it had a decal made it a commercial vehicle. I received a call from Luis at Future Ford and was notified that the warranty was cancelled.

I was very disappointed and understood the truck had 76,000 miles, but being a loyal Ford customer I am asking if there is any way Ford could at least pay the price of the new head? Another reason I’m asking Ford to step up is the electrolysis on the head. I have records to show that I’ve done all the maintenance that is required. I have done my homework and found that as deep as the pits were, it was possibly defective from the factory. I now have three Fords that I own (Expedition, and two F150’s.) I am very concerned at this point the continued loyalty I have shown for Ford may diminish because of the lack of compassion I am receiving. I would DEFINITELY consider not buying another Ford vehicle. Please understand my frustration in this matter and I hope that Ford can show a fraction of the loyalty
I have shown for the past 15 years. I’m sure between Ford and the dealership some help can be given. I’d like to finish by stating on have the extended warranty sold by Future Ford on the truck that I bought to replace this 1998. Please contact me upon receipt of this letter as I will know that you received it. Thank you for your time.

Thank you,

Old 02-20-2004, 11:43 AM
What am I missing here? A commercial vehicle is intended for business use, that's why California has the law. The spirit of business use means extreme duty , like a snowplow, ambulance , etc...

No need to contact a lawyer because he could not represent you because it's less than $5000.00. I say roll the dice and let Wynns split hairs with a Small Claims Judge, so your out $60.00 more if you lose, worst case. Best case would be your money back for repairs and warranty cost, court fees, and punitive damages equalling $5000.00 total settlement. You cannot ask for punitive damages it would have to be court imposed but you can ask for compensation for time spent trying to reconcile the situation.

Again, 2 words....

Small Claims

Old 02-20-2004, 11:56 AM
O.K. First off I am truely sorry if I came off as rude. I was simply trying to help and you missunderstood what I was saying. I never meant to imply that you were unintelligent just that your letter sounded so. It was my advice that you asked for and I gave it. A thicker skin might help.

Second, I have been around vehicles and engines longer than 20 years and most mechanics that make the blanket statement, "I have been doing this for 20 years" are not usually up on modern car repair. (Just read around this site for instance) and no it is not the antifreeze that causes it. (Again do a search on this site for instance) So give me a break man.

Third, you yourself keeps saying that Ford is not resposible yet you keep beating a dead horse in trying to get them to pay for your head. have you not read all of the other posts here including mine that have given you advice that in no way is Ford going to pay???

Believe me I am on your side and want you to get this resolved (As I stated in my earlier posts) And I honestly think that you are going about it the wrong way (As was also stated by many other posters here) It seems that you are now starting to go in the right direction with talking to another lawyer.

I still think the letter is a bad idea. Instead carefully document the whole affair and present it to the second lawyer (Not just someone on the phone) The dealer is the only part of Ford that is responsible for you (Also stated by other posters) and they have clearly stepped upto the plate. By writing your letter your are going to make them look bad and thats not good.

Again I am sorry if I came accross as rude I was only trying to answer your request for advice. I will try harder next time to be more gentle!!

Peace-

Old 02-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Loyalty

I've had the same car insurance for 33 years. You know the one, "I've got some good news, I just saved..." Marketing even sent me a few years ago a special "No Hassle" telephone number direct to a Vice-President. So I thought Loyalty does have its' privileges. So this last year I decided to go thru them for Homeowner's insurance. Took care of everything over the phone. Then came the home inspection. In the interim, my son had dropped off and set up his old trampoline in our backyard. I told him he had to take it down (our younger kids wouldn't even go on it because it just collected leaves) but before he could the inspector came unannounced and promptly filed a report that we violated the underwriting policy and I was promptly cancelled without even a grace period to remove it.

Loyalty only goes so far as long as it benefits them!! Remember the old beetle Volkswagen commercials where an Owner would be highlighted that had 200k, 300k, or 400k miles on his bug and was still driving it? Do you see those anymore? Nope - loyalty is only king if the marketing dept wants to flaunt it.

Hope you do get some relief.

Old 02-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Loyalty

Originally posted by rd3tex
I've had the same car insurance for 33 years...
I've had them for 23 years and I thought a homeowners thru them would be cheaper but, their quote was higher than State Farm. I guess because I've had the SF policy for 13 years.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:08 PM
You keep trying to sell us on this magical letter to Ford claiming loyalty. The loyalty issue means nothing to Ford. For every Ford owner that gets PO'd and buys a Chevy, the same thing is happening at Dodge and their buying Fords. The dealership has tried working on your behalf and that doesn't seem like enough. You got screwed. You're not the first, you won't be the last. For all the time, effort, expense and mental anguish you've poured into this .... your case against Ford not convincing. The general consensus is your problem is with Wynn, not Ford. Quit breaking their b@lls about loyalty.

I'm done reading this thread

Old 02-20-2004, 01:19 PM
First post but have lurked here for a couple years, so bear with me.

I agree with the prior posts that your problem is with Wynn & not Ford. Ford can assist a loyal customer but they have no real obligation to you. It doesn't hurt to try, though. I'd steer off your threats to purchase elsewhere. The dealership & vehicles have been good to you (emphasize this more). You still have Ford vehicles and may need some further assistance from them later, and don't need a threatening letter in your "file". Ask for help with the part costs & for pressure on Wynn & see what you get.

Now, I am confused as to why you gave up on Wynn. If you haven't used the truck commercially (no depreciation, expense write-off, or payment for the decal "ad") & have another commercial vehicle, then what makes it commercial? The contract needs to define the term or says the definition is at their discretion. If neither exists, then that's one reason courts exist - to clear up contract disputes. (Now, if the contract uses abitration to solve disputes, then it's cheaper to pay the repairs). I'd also check if they have changed the contract since you signed up (acknowledging the confusion in the prior language). Lastly, I haven't read that you have discussed with them their "authorization" of the repairs. They approved the repairs which led to the costs. You could have chosen not to repair the vehicle, but they authorized them. This should leave them with some obligation.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Old 02-20-2004, 03:02 PM
BBB

I agree with the BBB. They have solved many problems dealing with this type of issue. My grandfather had 2 cadillacs that had transmission failures just beyond 30,000 miles. Cadillac refused to pay anything on the repairs. No extended warranty was purchased. My grandfather took it to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they determined that the transmissions should have been good to 100,000 miles if I remember correctly. They contacted cadillac and in the end Cadillac paid 2/3's of the bill and my grandfather only had to pay 1/3 of the bill on both cars since the mileage was only a 1/3 used to what they determined the transmission should last. All maintenance was done at cadillac at the required intervals. Your best bet is with the BBB againts Wynns not Ford in this case. It would also help if you could post or print the disclaimer so we could all take a look at the wording of the disclaimer.

Not to bag on you but having your business decal on your truck with a toolbox and trying to claim your not using it for business is gonna be sticky, it just looks bad regardless. Good luck in fighting Wynns, Ford is not the bad guy here.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks..

Hello all, I do appreciate everyone's opinion. I have considered most suggestions given. I don't think Ford is the bad guy, but again, I don't think it hurts to ask. The second and hopefully improved letter did not threaten to NOT buy another ford. If Ford comes back and states they will not help, I will think twice before choosing another Ford. This is something I wouldn't of thought twice about prior to this situation. I completely agree that Ford is NOT responsible, BUT I still think if they cared, they's step in and try & help. EVERYONE knows Wynn's has screwed me. The Dealership has stepped up and helped with the labor rate. (probably because they know I've purchased my last two vehicles there) Once again, the SERVICE Manager suggested I contact the Ford Rep. He felt that Ford would see it in their best interest in trying to help. He contacted the Rep and the Rep stated because of the HIGH miles, he didn't have the authority to provide any help. The SERVICE manager then suggested I write a letter and maybe the letter would reach someone within FORD that could approve some help. Every situation is different. I'm not trying to dodge my responsibilty and ask for something FREE. I'm simply writting a letter to Ford asking for some help. If they decide not to help, then yes my loyality for FORD will be tarnished. Are they obilgated to help? Should they help? I personally think it would be to their best interest. Maybe I wearing blind folds, but good people deserve a break every once in awhile. Thank you all for you suggestions and replies. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thank you again...

Old 02-20-2004, 09:23 PM
One thing that is missing now is what type of antifreeze was put in. Chevy uses dexcool for all new engines and the old green stuff will mess up the aluminium heads. Maybe you should look into possibly wrong type placed in. could be problem with electrolisis. I had similiar problem with my toyota 4runner and the factory sent me to arbitration. I thought an employee of Toyota would help but the arbitartor was a lady that worked at the dealership and didn't know anything about engines or vehicles! I cut my losses and took independent mechanic and he repaired for a third of the price.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by cablslug
One thing that is missing now is what type of antifreeze was put in. Chevy uses dexcool for all new engines and the old green stuff will mess up the aluminium heads. Maybe you should look into possibly wrong type placed in. could be problem with electrolisis. I had similiar problem with my toyota 4runner and the factory sent me to arbitration. I thought an employee of Toyota would help but the arbitartor was a lady that worked at the dealership and didn't know anything about engines or vehicles! I cut my losses and took independent mechanic and he repaired for a third of the price.

Uhh.. Uhh ... Never mind .

Old 02-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Give it up folks, this guy is not going after the head of the snake, (Wynns) and is only grinding this into submission. Too bad, poor targeting is not our problem here on this site....jb

Old 02-20-2004, 11:04 PM
ITS VERY OBVIOUS THAT FOR SOME REASON YOU THINK THAT YOU DESERVE SPECIAL TREATMENT OVER ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH A FORD.

WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL OUT OF ALL THE GOOD GUYS THAT NEED A BREAK. YOUR PROBLEM IS WITH WYNN'S NOT FORD, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL.

ITS YOUR MISTAKES THAT HAVE PUT YOU IN THIS SITUATION, NOT FORD. TAKE SOME PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS AND DECISIONS AND QUIT TRYING TO BLAME OTHERS. YOU WENT THROUGH AN OUTSIDE WARRANTY VENDOR, YOU HAD YOUR BUSINESS DECAL ON YOUR TRUCK, THOSE ARE YOUR ACTIONS NOT FORDS THAT HAVE CAUSED THIS FIASCO. READ BEFORE YOU SIGN, AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

Quick Reply: Does Ford even care? PLEASE READ!!