2. Location

3. Department

4. Rating A+ -- F-

5. Story
__________________________________________________ __

Old 05-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunrise Ford, North Hollywood CA, Truck SERVICE, "D"

I have had problems with Sunrise Fords truck Service department. Sunrise Ford is (818) 980-9800 Service Manager is Ron Jones.

Their Idiots!!! I usually work on my own Vehicles because I trust no one. But I figure I would use the Warrantee I paid for.

I have a 97 4.6L F150 4x4 ExtraCab. I had the rear end & transmission rebuilt at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood CA. When I got my truck back after 60-80 miles of Highway driving & hard braking , the 4x4 engaged on its own ginding to a stop! . What makes me even more mad is that this never happend until after I got my truck back from Sunrise Ford. So I took it back to Sunrise & they replaced a electric clutch relay switch in the dash (heard clicks when the 4x4 light comes on) & replaced the electricomagnetic clutch in the trasfer case. As I read when Shifting from 2WD to 4WD High an electromagnetic cluth inside the Borge Warner 4x4 Transfer case drings the front driveline up to engage. The 4WD light luminates and the electromagnetic clutch energizes. This system is called the "MSOF" system or the MECHANICAL SHIFT ON THE FLY system. Sad to report however that the truck started to self engage in 4x4 again. I called the TRUCK service Mgr Ron at Sunrise for from the Highway to tell him it's time to bring the Factory tech in on this one. I'm tierd of having to take my truck ing so in thinking if it's an electrical engage system, I can simply cut the + wire that energizes the clutch system and mount a switch on the shift lever that swithes on when the lever is pulled back. Maybe I can use a tiny toggle switch to flick on b4 I engage the 4x4 lever.

The ABS system was faulty, Check engine light on, the rear diff was going out, the trans was going out, the wipers were faulty, the floor vents were not working, the stereo station buttons were faulty & the truck was sputtering.

I had them check & advise my F150 4x4 under Wynn's Warrantee. My Floor vents didn't work. They told me they checked it & the actuator was defective. The idiot Service Mgr said it would cost me around $250 part & labor. This part not being under Warrantee I decided to investigate myself. The actuator DID work !!! It was simply disconnected?!?! I was Pissed!

One of there mechanics miss diagnosed my rear diff failure & cost me $600 in parts & service that would have been covered by my Warrantee. The Sunrise Mechanic said he the parts failed due to 2 cups of water in the rear diff. When I got the call I ran over to Sunrise to see for myself. The Oil was discarded however the oil still dripping from the diff and the puddle of oil on the floor was crystal gold!!! I called Wynn's Warrantee to say the Mechanic was wrong at Sunrise. They said Have the mechanic see if there’s any rust on the hard parts. I found none & neither did the Sunrise mechanic! But knowing Warrantee companies... they find any excuses to back out of paying for repairs. I told Sunrise & Wynn's, " If there was Water in the rear Diff you would have found emulsified oil that would be creamy in consistency". To add there was no rust! Water effecting hard part to the point of failure would probably exhibit some rust. Still thanx to the Sunrise mechanic it cost me $600.

I had them fix my trans under Warrantee which is doing fine. They had my truck for 3 weeks & it took 6 more times back in the shop to have them finish up other inspections to fix the Check engine light witch later I found out was my O2 sensor. They couldn't figure it out. I gave up with them. I decided to fix the truck on my own.

My advise is stay away from Sunrise. My friend in Vegas has an E2002 E350 that was miss diagnosed by the ford dealer in Henderson NV.. Whats with Dealers???

Old 05-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Five Star Ford, North Richland Hills, Texas (Fort Worth)

A++++

In January of this year I bought my fourth vehicle from them, they are allways fair in negotiating a price and their service is done right and on time.

I bought my 2003 Lariat out of the showroom. The next morning it would not start. Dead cell in the battery. I jumped it off, and drove it to the dealer. They put in a new battery, and gave me coupons for two free tanks of gas and a free oil change and wash job.

Whenever my wife is ready to trade her 2002 F150 it will be at Five Star Ford.

Old 05-07-2003, 04:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Gator Ford

Gator Ford
Seffner,Florida
Service Department
Rating=A
Back in Nov.02 I wanted to have my lower intake gaskets replaced to prevent hydro-lock.I called all of the local Ford dealers here in the Tampa area and Gator Ford not only had a lower price but even offered me a loaner truck,which I turned down because I live so close to the dealer.They did a damn good job and if I ever need anything major done again they will get my business.

Old 05-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Serremonte Ford (Daly City, California):

Parts Dept: A
Service Dept: D+ (No mechanic and customer dialog)
Had warranty work done there, and there was no attempt to contact me to let me know the status of my vehicle. Also when I called to check up on my vehicle, they couldn't find it!

Zumwalt Ford (St. Helena, California)

Parts Dept: A
Service Dept: A
Good mechanics and service tech. Small family business, that keeps the customer informed. It's where I bought my truck. Plus, the owner has been a family friend for generations.

S & C Ford (San Francisco, California)

Parts Dept: B+
Service Dept: A
Professional set-up, had EGR valve replaced, and was very pleased with the quality of work.

Last edited by mf150; 05-07-2003 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Northpoint Ford in Milwaukee Service Dept.

I took my truck in because the dome light would not go off. After 7 days in the shop I told them I wanted to take it elsewhere. At 9:00 they said they'd have it ready for pick up by 3:00 (still not fixed of course cause they couldn't figure it out. When I stopped at 3:00 the service writer, sheepishly gave me the keys and said. "Well, the dash isn't actually in it yet" I composed myself and instructed him to have it ready by 9:00A.M. When I saccled the next day at 9:00 morning, a different service writer said my guy had gone home already. This guy had it it ready and fixed at 3:00. Just a short in the dome light connection. 8 days in total.

Old 05-07-2003, 10:58 AM
I had a very different experience at

Five Star Ford, North Richland Hills, Texas (Fort Worth)

D+

First new vehicle purchase. I rec'd a good price, had it put in writing on a 'buyers order' quote, to think it over. Went back 2 days later to sign papers. They did the hard sell on bolt on accessories, etc. I had to decline repeatedly. Then went to the finance guy. They put all sorts of extra insurance, etc. on there. I was like, wtf? They didn't even ask me. I said no way, and the finance guy typed up a new contract. He was very cold and acted as if he was put out. Jerk.

I reviewed it again to make sure he didn't add anything in again. Signed papers, left. 2 days later I am about to file away papers and I look over them and notice he increased the selling price by $100 over the buyer's order. (I have no proof one way or the other if it was intentional.) Regardless, I was pissed. I went down there and when I showed them, they quickly said that they would cut me a check for the difference and I would have it in 24 hours. Went down there the next day to pick it up and they didn't have it. I had to wait about a week, make several phone calls.

The truck failed to live up to my expectations ('01 Supercrew) and I sold it. Squeaky lumbars, tires needed rebalanced and alignment done after umpteen K miles (out of pocket expenses), air condt. compressor knocked, grinding/screeching noise while steering, oil filter location sucked (4.6
L), etc. Wouldn't start 2 mornings out of the 25 months I had it, don't know why. Service dept. couldn't find the steering & air condt. problems even though they were not intermittant and I gave up and sold it. I will never buy a new vehicle again, period. As if the depreciation wasn't bad enough, poor customer service, poor purchasing experience, and poor quality did me in. Nowadays, I drive my '82 Ford truck that I had before the SuperCrew. I expect to need to fix stuff on it frequently, not on a $30k new vehicle. I don't regret my decision one bit. Hope you guys have better luck.

Old 05-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Boyer Ford Trucks
Minneapolis, MN
Parts: A
Service: A

Boyer is a Ford dealer that handles trucks only - light and medium duty, and they also run the Sterling dealership next door. While they don't work Staurdays, both the shop and the parts department run extended hours weekdays. If I remember right, its 6 AM- Midnight for both. Very helpful when my tie-rod end broke unexpectedly, got me in right away, took care of the front suspension issues, and also fit in a full tune up (plugs, wires, etc...) that I just hadn't stopped to get done - that was at 112,000 miles for the 1st tune up.

Parts department has probably the largest stock of truck parts in this neck of the woods which come sin handy for some of those hard to find pieces.

Apple Valley Ford
Apple Valley, MN
Parts: C

Limited parts stock on hand, and poor service. Ie: Special order a part, and they'll say we'll call you when its in. Two weeks later you can check in andd they'll say Oh yeah - we've have that here for over a week.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:16 AM
CodeBlueRT,

I hear you about Sunrise Ford (formally Metro Ford) in NoHo.
I bought a 98 Explorer from them about fours ago and every time I had to take my Explorer in for for service it always turned into a big friggin deal, even though I had an extended warranty.
I agree those guys are idiots over there and thier customer service really sucks!!
There is this one Service Advisor there named Bruno, this guy is so full of bs it's unreal.
Back in February when I was looking to by a new truck and believe it or not I went back to Sunrise Ford to see if the sales guy who sold me my Explorer would be willing to work out a deal for me ~ he acted like I was not serious and seemed like he was just too busy to give me any of his time ~ stupid him!!
A week later I ended up purchasing a brand new 2003 F-150 SuperCrew XLT ($32K) from Galpin Ford in North Hills, a few days later I drove it over to Sunrise to show that sales guy how serious I really was ~ what a jerk!!

Anyways, so far Galpin Ford Sales and Service has been good to me!!

Quick Reply: Score your local DEALER Good/Bad Dealer Experience, Stories & Ratings