MAJOR Ecoboost Accelr PROBLEMS-URGENT

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 PM
glc
Received 767 Likes on 709 Posts
No, Scott, this is a major issue, it's not just the traction control. It's a problem with moisture condensation in the intercooler.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM
I agree I too love my ecoboost bada&$/ but while traveling to az from ms last week we drove in the rain for a couple hours and after refueling we were getting back on the interstate and I punch it to merge and the truck stalled out and went to shaking real bad and check engine light came on. Couldn't accelerate or anything so I pulled over shut it off restarted after a few and it was fine from then on but we had no more rain either. Scared the crap outta my wife (Worried me a little too)

Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I had the TSB fix before I left FL for Colorado. TSB 13-03-03 Ford changed my intercooler with the new version. We towed our 8500 lb travel trailer 6200 mi. and no problems with it stalling out. We did drive in the rain which is when the issue presented itself initially.
Get the Fix it works.

Dog Lady
Dunedin, FL

Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Some info on Mode 6...

Basically, Mode 6 allows the tech to look at misfires before the 'set CEL due to misfires' threshold is reached.

From a dealers tools website:

Mode 6 – Find Ford Misfires Before Code Sets

Mode $06 misfire information displayed

Misfires particularly in Ford cars and trucks can many times be identified before a misfire code sets and turns the CEL (Check Engine Light) on. This is a huge time saver, especially when there is a definite misfire felt but the code seems to take forever to appear. Fords take a long time in some cases to run through it’s necessary drive cycles needed for self testing. Auto technicians deal with this common problem of diagnosing misfires on Ford vehicles with no codes set by using Mode $06. Usually only manufacturer specific scan tools will display misfire data when there’s no code, but A misfire that hasn’t set a code or even a pending code, could be caused from a fouled spark plug, spark plug wires, ignition coil, injector or some other culprit. The particular cylinder can be pinpointed with the use of mode $06 diagnostics...
the reflashes I had in the past didn't clear up the "Misfire Neutral Profile" (This works with the "VCT" (Variable Camshaft Timing)) that is stored but had to contact the "Tech HotLine" to see what they wanted him to do.

Tech hotline told him to clear out the profile and do the relearn and road test the vehicle. I watched him do the relearn and then watched the recorder and no more misfires! He then proceeded to test drive the truck and when returning he said (again he showed me the recorder) that the truck was no longer misfiring.

I left the dealer and proceeded to take the long way home and verify his results and I could not get it to shudder, I tried 50, 55, 60 & 65mph up inclines in 6th gear both in and out of cruise control and was amazed.

Neutral profile learning is used at End of Line to learn profile correction via a series of one or more neutral engine rpm throttle snaps. This allows the Misfire Monitor to be activated at the Assembly Plant. A Test Tool command is required to enable this method of learning, so this method will only be performed by a Plant or Service technician. Learning profile correction factors at high-speed (3,000 rpm) neutral conditions versus during 60-40 mph decels optimizes correction factors for higher rpms where they are most needed and eliminates driveline/transmission and road noise effects. This improves signal to noise characteristics which means improved detection capability.
The profile correction factors learned at the Assembly Plant are stored into non-volatile memory. This eliminates the need for specific customer drive cycles. However, misfire profiles may need to be relearned in the Service Bay using a service procedure if major engine work is done or the PCM is replaced.

OBD 2 generic scan tools that can access mode 6 on Ford vehicles can be a great help.

Last edited by papa tiger; 10-28-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Dog Lady,I have a 2013 F150 4x4 Eco boost and I can say I had the same problem that you said you had with your truck.When I took mine to dealer they kept for 2 days and called me and they said there was no problem even after the check engine light was flashing for about 3 minutes,but I have got documented with their records.The gas milage sucks!!!! I've got 15300 miles I just went on vacation 1080 miles and I only got 14.9 mpg the hole trip and that wasn't pulling anything so I say the Ecoboost sucks!!!! mpg.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Do I have a problem

CEL light came on its showing codes P0430 P0234. Have an appointment to have dealer to check it out. Should I ask to get TSBs update done while in the shop? Thanks Russ

Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Gas Mileage

My gas mileage in the city is around 15 and Hwy we just recently got 24 without towing of course. We now have 23,000 miles on it. We have the 373 rear end which is worse on gas mileage. In winter the high idle stays on which cuts my gas mileage. We like the power this truck has so now that we had the fix and it has been running good we're happy.
Keep on Truckin

Originally Posted by Dodaddy
Dog Lady,I have a 2013 F150 4x4 Eco boost and I can say I had the same problem that you said you had with your truck.When I took mine to dealer they kept for 2 days and called me and they said there was no problem even after the check engine light was flashing for about 3 minutes,but I have got documented with their records.The gas milage sucks!!!! I've got 15300 miles I just went on vacation 1080 miles and I only got 14.9 mpg the hole trip and that wasn't pulling anything so I say the Ecoboost sucks!!!! mpg.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
I bought 2011 ecoboost brand new and never had any issues with it other than the a/c sucked in Arizona. 25 mile ride from work to home and never could get it to cool under 60 degrees at the vents. I roasted in the crew cab heat even with the a/c seats. I moved back east and after driving in the rain that mississippi gets so much of the check engine light came on truck shook like heck and lost acceleration. Pulled over shut it off restarted and drove on no issues. Did it again and I took it to ford and they kept it 3 days says they could reproduce it and no codes. So the service manager says that ford is aware of the issue but if no code no fix. I called bs and filed a notice with the ford factory engineers. Same thing. So I took it home and did it again they said no code no fix. So I fixed it myself. Bought a Chevrolet and will never look back. My wife and I have been die hard ford fans for 30 years. I sold her edge too even though we had no issues. I love the 2014 silverado 1500 z71. 21 mpgs with the 5.3 on a trip to Wisconsin. 18 in town driving. Couldn't get more than 19 and 15 with the ecoblunder.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Well, solved that problem and showed them how you felt.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by F-150truckman
CEL light came on its showing codes P0430 P0234. Have an appointment to have dealer to check it out. Should I ask to get TSBs update done while in the shop? Thanks Russ
Dealer says its under warranty and they are doing the latest TSB plus a new turbo, intake pipe and a new cat

Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by F-150truckman
Dealer says its under warranty and they are doing the latest TSB plus a new turbo, intake pipe and a new cat
Picked my truck up at dealer today they did the TSB and a new turbo. The new cac doesnt have the sheild on top service tech said the newst TSB says to discard the sheild on the top. They replaced the turbo because it was saturated with oil. No problem for now seems fine again. The heck of it was they gave me a rental 2014 Chevy silverado what a POS I'll keep my F-150.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
gas mileage is back

Was only averaging 15.4 mpg now back up to 17.8 local driving 3.31 gears 2 wheel drive. Truck has been OK since the repairs. Next will be to check the spark plugs and replace them

Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM
2012 eco boost

My 2012 has 57000 km on it and i have brought it into the dealer to get the loss of power and shake checked .I asked if i could take a technician out for a ride and did .Took him on the highway and you figure the truck would not do a god dam thing run good.He said they would not be able to see any thing because when the motor shakes and farts the computer doesn't show any thing on the dash. My wife and i were on the highway driving and i went to pass a transport got right beside the truck and lost all power i really had to do some fancy driving to get out of this one ,but made out just about had a head on cotillion .This is the 5 or 6 time it has done it but they can not find any thing wrong with it.I think its time to get ride of the ford and go to a dodge or chev.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bring the new TSB up to the dealers attention. It should throw a CEL , it has for others with the same problem. Tell them what is happening and even describe what has happened to others and what the fix was.
Its moisture causing the problem, either that or the spark plug gap is off (both similar symptoms).. Its under warranty so I would keep hounding the dealer till they fix it.
If all else fails bring it to a different dealership.

Quick Reply: MAJOR Ecoboost Accelr PROBLEMS-URGENT