MAJOR Ecoboost Accelr PROBLEMS-URGENT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAJOR Ecoboost Accelr PROBLEMS-URGENT

Help Guys Help!
I picked up my F150 Ecoboost Sat. Drove it all weekend and a major acceleration problem occured when we stepped on it to merge onto the highway. It vibrated and bogged at 3000 rpm going 60 mph and wouldn't go any faster. Took 5 sec before I could increase my speed and keep up with traffic.
The dealer diagnostics report showed "Engine misfiring on cycl #4 & #6." It had 6 occurances of this problem. It is random and dealer told us it wasn't happening when they had it there.

HELP, HAS ANYONE with the Ecoboost HAD THIS HAPPEN AND WHAT WAS DONE TO FIX IT. Can't tow until this is resolved

And no the coils were not wet! Dog Lady

Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So the dealer did nothing, despite having stored codes?

Seems to me the least they could have done was to inspect those plugs and test the coils...

That's what the warranty is for. Go back and Demand they fix it - it does not matter whether or not anyone else on here has had the problem - this site represents a very small fraction of total EB owners ( who may/may ot have this issue ).

Good luck & please report back what was found.

MGD

Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Dealer has my truck now

I had the problem 3 times. Today was the 3rd. We have been trying to break it in so we can tow our Travel Trailer and needed to build up 1000 miles before towing per the manual. That is how we found the problem.
The Service Manager told us he would get it fixed but also stated Ford has a letter out about this engine and fixes that they are working on. He told me my truck does not fall into those date ranges but thought Ford needed to expand the date ranges. Now instead of packing for my trip I need to find out what Ford's letter says.

Dog Lady

Old 06-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Sounds like you are having a similar issue as another member here. Check out this thread. It may not be exactly what you are experiencing but may give some insight as to a major issue Ford is having with these motors.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/v6...-dang-eco.html

Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog Lady
I had the problem 3 times. Today was the 3rd. We have been trying to break it in so we can tow our Travel Trailer and needed to build up 1000 miles before towing per the manual. That is how we found the problem.
The Service Manager told us he would get it fixed but also stated Ford has a letter out about this engine and fixes that they are working on. He told me my truck does not fall into those date ranges but thought Ford needed to expand the date ranges. Now instead of packing for my trip I need to find out what Ford's letter says.

Dog Lady
Hmpf......didnt think that mfgrs build dates had anything to do with a warranty claim....

Call ford customer service to report that dealer and move on to allow another dealer fix it....

Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 AM
The ford letter to dealers states that there are calibration updates for the ecoboost but that my truck has the latest update already. They are working with Ford to resolve it so we'll see how good this dealer service center is.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:52 AM
won't touch a 2012 Ford Ecoboost and will wait until 2013s are out for six months before I touch one of those... man I was so close to buying one, and glad I happened upon this forum! Sorry to the OP for his problems. Hopefully Fomoco will make good and treat you fairly and retrofit the engine with whatever repairs need doing. It's significant that several of you new 2012 owners are seeing problems so soon. It does seem random and infrequent, compared to the # of F150s out there.

But who wants to buy now thinking they own one of these trucks which Ford doesn't know how to repair?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I now have 2200 miles on my truck and the acceleration has not happened again. They told me that the coil pack had water stains on it when they checked and I have to admit I was driving it in that terrible rain from Hurricane Debbie. I towed my 4000 lb trailer into the mountains and have had no issues so far so maybe I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was something that resolved.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RecoRepo
won't touch a 2012 Ford Ecoboost and will wait until 2013s are out for six months before I touch one of those... man I was so close to buying one, and glad I happened upon this forum! Sorry to the OP for his problems. Hopefully Fomoco will make good and treat you fairly and retrofit the engine with whatever repairs need doing. It's significant that several of you new 2012 owners are seeing problems so soon. It does seem random and infrequent, compared to the # of F150s out there.

But who wants to buy now thinking they own one of these trucks which Ford doesn't know how to repair?
So, out of the thousands that were sold, you hear 4-5 complaints and you loose your mind?

Old 07-17-2012, 07:03 AM

Your Loss.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog Lady
I now have 2200 miles on my truck and the acceleration has not happened again. They told me that the coil pack had water stains on it when they checked and I have to admit I was driving it in that terrible rain from Hurricane Debbie. I towed my 4000 lb trailer into the mountains and have had no issues so far so maybe I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was something that resolved.
hopefully you're in the clear....good luck

Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM

The EcoBoost has been out since 2011MY. There are around 300,000 (possibly more) of them on the road. This is no way a major issue. Plus they apparently found a wet coil pack. No fault of the engine.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 PM
This has me very nervous, I ordered a F150 FX4 ecoboost and it should be here any day.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eac76
This has me very nervous, I ordered a F150 FX4 ecoboost and it should be here any day.
Not to worry, I personally called the KC plant and had them install the BOG module, thank me later.............

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
i have a 2012 ecoboost and its awesome,glad they fixed your issue dog lady,enjoy!!

Quick Reply: MAJOR Ecoboost Accelr PROBLEMS-URGENT