Get to know everyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4.2L_Guy
in a manual you choose when u want it to shift... thats y it is better
your manual vs my automatic with a tune for the shift points and i bet you i win.

with technology u can make an automatic shift better tahn a person can.

shifting seems to be the problem people have with the srt10.. yeah its got lots of power.. but lightning vs srt10 stock for stock... that guy in the srt10 better damn well know how to shift like one badass **** or he's gonna lose.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 AM
lol... yes the auto will make a dif... maybe not on the dyno well it might im not sure... but if a 5 speed with the same everything you have done to your truck would race he would win... well he would if he knew how to shift... he would win casue he can rev his engine a little higher if he has to to get that extra rpm that might male him win. with a auto you got one rpm it shifts at in a drag race... in a manual you choose when u want it to shift... thats y it is better

Not necessary. You can change an autos shift points to hit about the same every single time and hit the same rpm's a manual can, but shifts way faster. thats when the guy in the manual needs to be on his game.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by 04heritage
Yes, way more moving parts in an auto.
That is why I like my manual f150.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol... yes the auto will make a dif... maybe not on the dyno well it might im not sure... but if a 5 speed with the same everything you have done to your truck would race he would win... well he would if he knew how to shift... he would win casue he can rev his engine a little higher if he has to to get that extra rpm that might male him win. with a auto you got one rpm it shifts at in a drag race... in a manual you choose when u want it to shift... thats y it is better
but if you have your engine reved alittle bit, and get the better jump, you might be able to pull away faster than he can catch you...so is there any thing i can get for cheap to change the shift points and get a decent tune out of?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 AM
well i know i am on my game as u call it lol... but im not gunna say i can beat any of you. becasue my pickup is far from being abel to dragrace... it does 0-60 in the matter of about 12 seconds... not fast lol...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 AM
well i know i am on my game as u call it lol... but im not gunna say i can beat any of you. becasue my pickup is far from being abel to dragrace... it does 0-60 in the matter of about 12 seconds... not fast lol...
i'll give you half a track length lol

Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 AM
ive never really timed mine, but id like to. the only 15 seconds of fame i really have is to say that i beat my friends 4.7 chevy off the line at a stop light and pulled away, until i passed a cop and slowed her down...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
but if you have your engine reved alittle bit, and get the better jump, you might be able to pull away faster than he can catch you...so is there any thing i can get for cheap to change the shift points and get a decent tune out of?
i wouldent bother unless you plan on racin the truck... but do what you want... but i would just leave it as is... it works so dnt fix it lol... but im prettty sure that a manual vs automatic stock and stock... the manual would win well if the guy knew what he was doin... yes the auto shifts faster... but im not sure about gas... but in diesel the manuals have ave of 10hp more then the auto stock... but im not sure about that in the gas. you can powerbrake your auto to rev it up and just let off the brake... but dnt give it enough power to actually do a powerbrake lol.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:21 AM
i wouldent bother unless you plan on racin the truck... but do what you want... but i would just leave it as is... it works so dnt fix it lol... but im prettty sure that a manual vs automatic stock and stock... the manual would win well if the guy knew what he was doin... yes the auto shifts faster... but im not sure about gas... but in diesel the manuals have ave of 10hp more then the auto stock... but im not sure about that in the gas. you can powerbrake your auto to rev it up and just let off the brake... but dnt give it enough power to actually do a powerbrake lol.
i knew about the diesels, but im with you on the gas part. id have to dyno my grandpas manual v6 to see...if it still runs...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by tj03f150
i'll give you half a track length lol
lol thanx... lol really helps my spirits lol... but you beat there.... ill turn around and gets moms pickup and give u 1/2 the track... then we will see what happens... what does yours do from 0-60?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:23 AM
but dnt give it enough power to actually do a powerbrake lol.
hell yeah

thats how i launch, hold the break, get the vacuum gauge reading 5, so then ive only got 5 more to go before im at 0 and then from 0 on up to 8psi hits real hard real fast and its gone!

but if i just punch it from a stop it doesnt build boost fast enough to really put u back in ur seat.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:25 AM
lol thanx... lol really helps my spirits lol... but you beat there.... ill turn around and gets moms pickup and give u 1/2 the track... then we will see what happens... what does yours do from 0-60?
what does your mom have?

id say my 0-60 is about 6 seconds, maybe faster.. maybe not. i guess it depends on if i launch it or not. which im still learning how to do.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:25 AM
powerbraking works if you know how to do it right, and where the perfect rpm spot is...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by tj03f150
what does your mom have?

id say my 0-60 is about 6 seconds, maybe faster.. maybe not. i guess it depends on if i launch it or not. which im still learning how to do.
thats quick! thats like half the time of a stock v6....wow.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Stock for stock trucks manual wins everytime. only because the maual has the ability to launch of the line.