sonnax valves need more info

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sonnax valves need more info

i have read posts as far back as a year,on shudder and i am very sure this is my problem. i have a 94 ford xlt lariat reg cab,at 80,000 miles i was suckered into a trans rebuild,after i complained about my trans feeling like it was going into neutral when i drove.the trans shop totaly rebuilt my trans and after a about 3 weeks same thing trans revving up like it was in neutral if you take your foot off the gas it shifts.how hard is it to change the valves over to sonnex i am looking for pictures or a how to before i try to attempt this.i have called sonnex and talked with jeremy.i have all the part numbers, what about the valve housing what should i expect when i remove it.the only thing i have done to my own tranny is change the fluid.

thanks for any help,

the Donald

Old 09-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Going to neutral while going down the road is usually a sign of a failing Transmission Range Sensor (TRS.) The TRS is on the driver's side of the transmission, where the shifter cable attaches. It's the part with the wiring harness attached.

A new one runs about $120-$150 installed. The new valves may be a good thing, but I doubt they will help your problem.

Old 09-16-2002, 02:53 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, the symptoms I was having were totally different. When under load at low speed (like climbing a hill), the trans would shudder a little just before down shifting. There was never a time when it felt like it was going into neutral or when it completely slipped. Just a kind of vibration when trying to down shift.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info, is it hard to change the sensor.and is it available at auto stores.

Quick Reply: sonnax valves need more info