Transmission's leaking WTF it never ends!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission's leaking WTF it never ends!

Hi i put the motor in last night everything seemed good.torque convertor fully seated from what it seemed.I woke up this morning to a trans leak the size of a small state.I cleaned it up and took some pics of the leak as it wont stop.

It seems to be coming from both front corners of the the pan and actually the whole pan looks like it was lowered into a bucket of fluid just up to the gasket then removed.....if you get what im trying to say pics posted below oh ya its a 2002 Supercrew 4.6 Windsor 2 wheel drive 4rw70

I appreciate your help hopfully someone can point me in the right direction Thankyou and GFYS! j/k

Old 02-11-2012, 04:35 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I would drop the pan and check the gasket - also check the sealing surfaces for damage.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure the fluid didn't leak out of the front seal where the torque converter goes in? I hope not as the gasket would be a whole lot easier to change.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
......after i cleaned up the "Gulf size oil spill"...it only took maybe 5 mins for the new leak spots you see in the bottom pic.......i just backed off the the pan bolts a crack and it seems like it slowed it down maybe or im hopeing......also there is no fluid of anykind on the torque convertor

also there is a nice size Dent in the bottom of the pan pic posted below

Trans Dipstick tube

Thank you for the help its very appreciated Thank you

Old 02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
As far as i can tell it didnt i would think there would be some kind of fluid on the torque convertor but its clean and this leak is flowing like a god damm national disaster so idk its gotta be coming from somewhere i think maybe im just to scared to face the obvious lol

Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Pan gasket incorrect or ripped. Pan bolts overtorqued and stripped the threads. Or Bent pan. Wiggle and push the tube back down.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Also the truck is on flat ground and i still havent started it since i put the motor back in could any kind of back pressure cause my trans to **** out the fluid for some reason idk im just hoping praying Thanks for the help appreciate it

Trending Topics

Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM
OK I JUST FOUND THIS O RING ON THE FLOOR IN MY GARAGE,DOES IT GO SOMEWHERE IN THE TRANS BCUZ THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON WHY OR HOW THIS GOT INTO MY GARAGE.THE ONLY THING I THOUGHT WAS THE DIPSTICK TUBE BUT IT NEVER WAS REMOVED EVER SO THATS IMPOSSIBLE IDK

Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

seriously. slow down on the posting. Just like any other leak. You have to clean it up and find where it is coming from. get some brake clean/ air intake cleaner/ carb cleaner and clean up all the oil around the trans and watch to see where it is coming from.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Does the pan have a rubber or cork gasket? The cork gasket will leak with a stock pan.

Quick Reply: Transmission's leaking WTF it never ends!