4r70w options

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by king ranch
yea i figured it wouldnt

ok where can i find a tranny to run with a supercharger, and also when i add the supercharger i am going to run 26"rims as well so what size gears do i need, and how much would a tranny run to handle a supercharger

also whats the best superchrager for the money to give me the most noticeable power without alot of other performance mods for a 2001 5.4l

lets quit hijacking klitch's thread, I'll PM you

Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Update: Rods cars rebuttal, tried to say my wiring was the issue, here i'll upload the scanned images to photobucket for your viewing pleasures.

Rods cars, card holders statement or something?
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...ch9/img022.jpg

Rods actual statement.
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...ch9/img023.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...ch9/img024.jpg

my rebuttals up there too if ya look

Last edited by Klitch; 10-16-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That retailer is worthless. He makes the statement that "the engine in the vehicle was for another vehicle," like he doesn't know that people like to swap lightning engines in to F150s. Guess the only thing to do is take it out and put it in another F150 and give it a try.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
So what are they doing about it Brandon?

I am making up a few more of these transmission control boxes that allow you to test a transmission without using any conrol from the vehicle other than the manual lever. Maybe I can send you one and that will definitley show if the transmission works or not because it will completely bypass anything else.

Darrin

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Darrin, im not sure yet what they plan on doing. could you send me info on how this works? what it takes to install and such, i would definitely be interested in using your control box idea to disprove their electrical theory even though i used your knowledge already in my statements. ill keep you posted though, trying to move into my new house lol

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 AM
in case anyone's wondering and hasnt seen the update i put in my engine build thread, it appears i have lost. the charge is back on my account

Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 AM

that's too bad...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 AM
to the guru's, been pondering the simple possibilities on this.
started with a SSB code, they remedied in their mind by swapping to my 97 valve body i think? possible mismatch of plate and valve body?

Old 11-18-2008, 08:31 AM
I will tell you what I think is wrong.

I think they used the oldest style stub shaft and an old transmission where they should not have. That stub shaft would break with a stock engine because it has a nice little groove cut into it right at the wrong point and it's not hardened like the stub shaft that Ford used with the 5.4 trucks. I think you broke the stub shaft straight out of the box on this.

Sorry man, you got screwed. Probably your only option at this point is to have the transmission taken apart by a shop that knows what they are doing and rebut again with the credit card company. Or sue the transmission shop.

Maybe if you had the transmission repaired already the credit card company might have had a more clear cut choice on what to do when the shop doing the repair found inferior parts.

I feel really sorry for you. I know this has to suck.

Again, point out this thread to the owner of the shop. I have been spreading the word just a little, but I am going to really kick it up several notches. If I ever get the chance to see what's in that transmission I will take pictures and post it up everywhere including the transmission forums that I am on.

Places that do business like this and make the choice to not take care of their customers leaving them with inferior work allow the rest of us to legally tell everyone everywhere what we find and think in regards to their work.

Also, make a complaint to the better business bureau in your area. Again, it will help a huge amount if you had to take it elsewhere and have it fixed and they found exactly what the problem is. With no physical proof of anything other than this shop putting in an older and inferior case, it is still just your word against theirs. If you have real proof then you can take away most of the shops points to argue with.

I haven't had the chance to make up any of those control boxes yet. I don't think one will help you with any argument against them though. All it will do is show you that the transmission isn't working. Ford can do that with one of their boxes too. They have a manual control box that plugs directly into the transmission as well. The difference is that with them they are a service center that will give your argument some big teeth if you decide to use them.

Darrin

Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 AM
should be getting a play date today with the local ford service dealer thats willing to work with me. told him its caused by a billing dispute thats not going over so well and i need the extra leverage apparantly.

we'll see what these guys come up with hopefully.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
upset, er update:

FORD diag'd, trans is faulty.
called wamu card disputes, they had already closed my case and defaulted me.

got the trans out, took it to state trans, the guys who actually built it (Rod was middle man without me knowing). they took it apart and whala! imagine that! that F'N intermediate shaft was laying ****eyed. pull it out and its broken, shocker when the guys are saying its electrical and it turns out mechanical...

only problem is he isnt warrantying it even though i NEVER had 3rd gear.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I saw the pics. They should be ashamed and you should be out for blood.

Darrin

Old 12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
oh i figure i'll take it to small claims and try to quickly and accurately get as much information i need as possible. i need credible sources i figure, and plenty of picture documentation.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Klitch
upset, er update:

FORD diag'd, trans is faulty.
called wamu card disputes, they had already closed my case and defaulted me.

got the trans out, took it to state trans, the guys who actually built it (Rod was middle man without me knowing). they took it apart and whala! imagine that! that F'N intermediate shaft was laying ****eyed. pull it out and its broken, shocker when the guys are saying its electrical and it turns out mechanical...

only problem is he isnt warrantying it even though i NEVER had 3rd gear.
he ought to warranty it but his handeling of this situation just shows he's a scumbag and no one should do buisiness with him or WAMU again

Old 12-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
he ought to warranty it but his handeling of this situation just shows he's a scumbag and no one should do buisiness with him or WAMU again
The best you can do is spread the word on every forum you know of.

Brandon, have you checked with the better business bureau?

I can vouch for you in writing that the parts were inferior and that they will not work in our truck.

Darrin

Quick Reply: 4r70w options