SVT Raptor F-150

Ok, my minds made up...I'm owning a Raptor..

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, my minds made up...I'm owning a Raptor..

i've followed this thing since the rumors came out...i've gone to sema and seen this beast. I'm going Tuesday to the dealership to find out more details and see if i can be put on a list for it.

i found my unicorn

merctech.... shut up and quit laughing you knew it was coming.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey man good luck with the purchase. Im sure you will like it. Hooorah!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
what color you planning on getting?

I'm in the market for a new truck as well and the raptor may be it

Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
ask the dealer for an info on cabs availiable and bed lengths ect... and when we can see an order guide??

Old 01-31-2009, 03:34 PM
I hope you are going to wait for the 6.1 and not the 5.4. The truck looks bad azz though, I saw the very first one being sold on Barrett Jakson last month.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
i'm gonna wait for the 6.2, trying to get my $$ right so i can pay in full up front cash for it.

don't worry....i'll get any and all the info i can on it. me and merctech saw it at sema.. gave me a hardon looking at it in person... as far as color, would like to have the same yellow as my truck is now but doubt they'll offer that. you know how svt usually has their own color schemes so we'll see

Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm not in the market, but with the released of the Raptor, I might just have to.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by desratt
ask the dealer for an info on cabs availiable and bed lengths ect... and when we can see an order guide??
Scab with 5.5' seems like the only option.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Scab with 5.5' seems like the only option.
I think I remember seeing in a 4wheel mag a few months ago that was the only option. OP- please have plenty of pic/vids when you get it.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I WILL get a raptor if its the last thing I do on this planet. And I think the White with the Tan looks super sick. That's what I will most likely get..

Old 02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by crash_lucky13
i've followed this thing since the rumors came out...i've gone to sema and seen this beast. I'm going Tuesday to the dealership to find out more details and see if i can be put on a list for it.

i found my unicorn

I have already been talking to the local guys here. They said they would work with me on a trade. Trade in my truck for the 6.2 raptor. I think I just may have to...

That thing sure was **** in person !!!

Originally Posted by desratt

Cabs available - supercab

Bed length - 6.5 (IIRC)

One one size for the raptor. Its almost as wide as a dualie ! Awesome truck.

In person its just a monster ! Been talking with the local dealership, also got to see it at SEMA, and BS'd with the Ford boys hanging around it. Just one awesome truck.

I made a post in a different thread. i listed all the changes and everything offered with the raptor. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
found it:
here, I will try and list out the changes I know:

"muscular buldging" to give it an "all business" look.

Beveled edged in body work to help aid in the extra width.

Ok, other then body (thats far from all, but yall can see those differences)

New width = 73.6" (vs, regular F150 of 67.2")

Supercab with 5 1/2 foot box. Chasis length stretched an extra 15mm.

three amber LED lights built into grill. Fed standard due to width (body over 80 inches)

Raptor is within mm of being able to fit through the plant itself.

Slightly narrower then a dualie

colors: oxford white, Tux black, blue flame, and molten orange (optional tear graphics, still haven't seen em)

3.2 extra inches of wheelbase width per side.

New massive lower control arms. New beefy upper control arms, with a large beefy ball joints and much stronger tie rods. CV axles also get a massive upgrade, and are much bigger and many times stronger. Also able to run at far more severe angles. rear is a 34 spline 9.75". rear end has been widened and now with much thicker tubes for increased durability ! Front is now a 31 spline 8.8. They use a new type of steel for all the shock mounts, supposedly worlds stronger. Can fit a FULL SIZED 35" spare under the bed in normal location. OEM internal triple bypass shocks were developed with Fox Racing. If you don't know about a triple bypass shock, google it. Rear shocks also get "shin guards" which is extra shielding to help protect it. Rear leaf spring is a single stage design. Shocks have 2.5" body, piggyback resevoirs on the rear, 7/8 inch shaft diamtere. Shocks use 47mm pistons (standard Ford is 35mm front and 32mm rear). Front shocks have 7.1 inches of travel, rear has 10.9 inches of shaft travel. Front suspension together nets 11.1 inches of front wheel travel (stock is 8.5) and 13.1 rear (same number as stock). May not be huge amounts of travel, but this is a FACTORY vehicle, with NO mods on it yet. Also remember the triple bypass shocks.... would more then make up for the travel. Those shocks are gunna be nice. Shocks have been tested to complete the Ford's 10year/150,000 mile cycle before needing replaced.

Raptor now sits 2" taller then base model F150.

With the 5.4 and as of right now, hauling numbers are said to be about 1,000 pounds, and towing will be 6,000 but you still get the trailer sway and all the other fancy stuff (that can be turned off by clicking "off road mode" )

6.2 2 valve is coming in winter of 09 with numbers estimated around 400 hp and 400+lb-ft of torque. Crawl ratio of 45.1:1

Get a special marked steering wheel. Suppose to show you where twelve o'clock is at on the wheel. Used in baja style comps, when the wheel is rippin back and forth, helps let you know where your at. Also gets 4 aux switches for whatever your little heart desires.

locker works in 2 hi; 4x4hi and 4lo

electronic traction for the front.

REAL skid plates (not the splash guards found on regular F150's) Supposedly going to cover the entire under body. Real thick skid plates. Also added protection for front and rear bumpers, as well as differentials and even some engine coverage.

Hope this helps, and gives some people an idea of what this truck has to offer. I am seriously consdiering the 2010 model with the 6.2 liter. I guess we will see.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
i'm out

Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by crash_lucky13

i found my unicorn

Good luck with the dealer. Mine had no clue what I was talking about. I had to point them where on the web to see pics, colors, engine options etc.

Pathetic!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Just when I had completly given up on Ford they blow me away with this...

Its hard not to like this truck.. Its like X-mas, but everyday.

How much is this sucker going to cost?

Black on Black for me....

Quick Reply: Ok, my minds made up...I'm owning a Raptor..