Canuck motorsports lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canuck motorsports lift?

Hey guys, anyone running this setup? its a 6.5in lift from canuck motorsports. Its the very last one on the botton of the page. Runs at about $985. Any feedback?
http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/cat...lift.html#3021

Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Yes, I'm running that lift, Buxton is about to be as well as a couple other people on here. Its the same one as springtech on ebay and from what I head the same as the doestch. Its a great lift only I recommend a better set of shocks with it. And check ebay there about a 100 cheaper on there if i remember correct.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 PM
ok, yea, i was jus talking to buxtin and he brought it up wen we were talking about the 7.5 fabtech, so i researched it and it looks pretty decent and a good price, but then gotta spend and extra 200 on shocks. I hear ya

Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Yea i mean you can run the shocks that come with it for a while but don't expect them to last that long. And the only difference between this and the 7.5 is that one inch which means if your gonna run 35's your gonna have to do a little bit of trimming

Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On there website, They have an option to buy the kit without the shocks. It's cheaper and worth it IMO. They sell those shocks for $100 per pair and there is alot of better shocks out there in that price range. Pro comp es 9000's are about $45 a piece, and I hear the rcx nitro 9000's are decent too for $40.

I just noticed the sig too, that's funny man but thanks I appreciate it.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
ah, u like that, haha, no prob, and yea, that actually sounds like a pretty good option. Man, and to think i had my mind made up, ive changed it only a hundred times. soo many choices, and only soooo much money
but then again that extra 1.5" on fabtech would help with 35's. Well, time to go do more research. Nice truck BTW pizzaman, i like the prerunner look

Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Thejake is only running a 6" lift and he fit 35's. I'm not sure of how much trimming he had to do, but looks like it fit pretty good.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 AM
yea, hes got a nice setup to, but ive aso been hearing people running the fabtech that they have rubbing using 35's. idk, i thought that lift was meant for that size tire

Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
If you run an 8" wide wheel then you won't have any problems. The main problem is when you go with a 10" wide and run 4.5" and 4" backspacing.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks man, and yea I'm at about 6.5 inches and with a 8" wide wheel and 4.5" of backspacing I only had to trim the valence a little and some of the rubber at the very bottom of the wheel well, but other than that i only rub at full lock turning right or full lock going over a bump.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Jake is running the RCD 6" lift with 16x10s and 315/75/16s I am pretty sure. IIRC, he had to do a little bit of trimming on his valance, but that was it. Honestly, it all comes down to wheel width and backspacing when it comes to fitting larger tires. Generally, the further the wheels sticks out, the greater chance you have of the tires rubbing. I used to run 3" lift spindles, 2" lift coils, 3" body lift, and 35" tires. There was 0 rubbing and I didnt have to trim anything. Good thing about that was, that whole set-up only set me back like 800 dollars or so.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by b2therad
Jake is running the RCD 6" lift with 16x10s and 315/75/16s I am pretty sure. IIRC, he had to do a little bit of trimming on his valance, but that was it. Honestly, it all comes down to wheel width and backspacing when it comes to fitting larger tires. Generally, the further the wheels sticks out, the greater chance you have of the tires rubbing. I used to run 3" lift spindles, 2" lift coils, 3" body lift, and 35" tires. There was 0 rubbing and I didnt have to trim anything. Good thing about that was, that whole set-up only set me back like 800 dollars or so.
Oh ok, and made u switch to the fabtech lift? how do u like it? How was it to install? and whats the difference between the long travel and crossmember system, and y did u pick the long travel? or r they the same?

Sorry for all the questions, im very close to making a decission and i want to make the rite one

I also heard RCD makes phenomenal kits, an they look very well made, i wonder how they compare to fabtech.
and i also jus read an old thread that said goin above 6in of suspension lift will be wearing out ball joints more frequently, alond with everything else and the best way to go is 6in suspension lift and 3in BL, is this true?

Last edited by subrubicon16; 04-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:36 AM
The heavier wheel and tire combo will be more of a wear factor than the lift itself. These kits are designed to keep factory ball joint angles.

The RCD kits are great quality, but in the end it's still just 6". However with UCA's and a spacer it can be bumped up to an 8". For the price of them you could just get a fabtech 7.5" for a little more.

The fabtech is going to be the best kit overall, but it's all going to come down to how much you are wanting to spend. Price wise, your not going to beat doestch/Canucks.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:35 AM
heres a killer deal on a fabtech 7.5 kit with upper arms and fox shocks for way less than you were looking to spend...

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...ies/137403.htm

Old 04-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by subrubicon16
Oh ok, and made u switch to the fabtech lift? how do u like it? How was it to install? and whats the difference between the long travel and crossmember system, and y did u pick the long travel? or r they the same?
The only reason that I switched to the fabtech long travel is because I got a deal on it. I had wanted to go higher, and I got it at just the right price. I love the kit that I have, but you cant find them anywhere (complete) for less than $2500. The crossmember kits are brand new around $1200. The fabtech "long travel" gets rid of the stock bumpstops, control arms, coils, and SIC(shock in coil) set up which allows for more suspension travel and makes for a better ride. With that comes the ability to drive smoother over rough terrain. The drop down crossmember essentially just uses larger spindles and coils that attach to a "dropped down" LCA to provide lift. Depending on the shock set-up most of the drop down crossmember lifts will ride similar to stock on 2wd trucks.

I have never had any issues with pre-mature wear on any of my suspension. I have seen some gawdy angles on CV joints that have caused them to break, but IMO ball joints aren't that big of an issue. Idealy, you want them to as close of a 90* angle as possible, but I have seen much worse. My angles were never bad, so I have no first hand experience. However, running a body lift has absolutely nothing to do with your suspension. People run into issues when they try to run kits with lift coils and then try to stack spacers on top of them. Usually, it doesnt work.

Quick Reply: Canuck motorsports lift?