Too Level???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Level???

I have a 2008 FX4 and had a Pro Comp leveling kit installed shortly after I bought the truck. I think the Pro Comp is actually a 3 inch level. Some days the truck looks perfectly level, some days it looks like the front is higher to me. I also have allot of wind noise from my hood or wipers that I think may be caused by the angle of the truck being near pefectly level, anyone else have this issue? I have tried 4 different brand of wiper blades with no change, and cant seem to tighten the hood at all.
I think I want to raise the back of the truck up an inch or so but I am totally confused on the add a leaf option, or the block option.
I would guess the block would make the ride feel the same, and the add a leaf may make the ride a little stiffer.
Please clue me in on these options and recommend any certain products to purchase to achieve my desired 1 to 2 inch lift of the back end?

Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does the hood feel loose or shake at all when driving?

Old 12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
The hood does shake a little, and the passenger side wiper blade can be seen vibrating on the windshield when I get above 65 mph or so.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
With an 08 you probably should have stuck with a 2" if you wanted to keep it level. To level it now you will need to lift the back, add a leaf if you intend to tow much and it really doesn't stiffen the ride much. If you don't tow then the bigger block is a good choice but I am not sure what size you will need.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
I have an '08 Screw with a 2.5" AS. I went with the Firestone RideRite airbags and couldn't be happier. You can adjust the height up or down and adjust for different loads in the back. Only took about an hour to install them with a few hand tools, no drilling or cutting.

HYPO

Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure exactly what the name is. But have you tried adjusting the posts that the front of the hood rests on when closed. could be something simple like that.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Buxton91
Not sure exactly what the name is. But have you tried adjusting the posts that the front of the hood rests on when closed. could be something simple like that.
No, I have no idea what you are even talking about. I will check that out tomorrow.
Thanks Bux.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I just ordered a 3 inch block kit from Jack It. It should raise my rear end 1 inch and get me back to where I want it. They had a great price on the Readylift kit for 125.95 w/ free shipping. Most places sold this kit for 139.95 plus 17-25 for shipping.
Here is a link if anyone else is interested.
http://jackit.com/store/supercart.cg...I2.x=15&I2.y=6

Quick Reply: Too Level???