question about camber issues after 2.5 leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about camber issues after 2.5 leveling kit

i have an 04 f150 fx4 and i just installed a 2.5" leveling kit. i was wondering if i have to worry about any camber issues? i just dont wanna wear the inside or outside of my tires. i tried looking at the front to see if the camber was off but couldnt really tell. anyone have any issues? thanks for reading and the help

Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
You have to get an alignment done. Your alignment is out bad after your level is installed. Your eyes are not play tricks on you, your tires will wear bad. Get a level and all should be good

Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, the front end has to be realigned.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 PM
ok thanks. so they should be able to get it right without ne having to get a camber kit?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
They should be, mine did not require one.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 AM
and what if its not aligned after the alignment? if their lasers tell them the truck should be driving straight but the vehicle still wants to go one way, what then? should they keep adjusting for camber?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you mean the truck is aligned within specs but it still pulls in one direction? That could be an issue with a tire/tires. There could be a defect in the tire or it could be as simple as one being low on air.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Sorry if I am telling you something you already know but anyways...
Your leveling kit should not make the truck pull one way or another even if it has not been aligned. It affects the angle at which your tires meet the surface (camber) not the direction they are pointed (toe end). So if your truck is pulling it probably is not because of your camber, but due to other reasons. If it has been aligned they should correct toe end issues as well. Other reasons could be your tire pressure or maybe even a failing tire, joints etc.

Sorry wandell, was typing when you posted, no need to repeat LOL

Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
Sorry if I am telling you something you already know but anyways...
Your leveling kit should not make the truck pull one way or another even if it has not been aligned. It affects the angle at which your tires meet the surface (camber) not the direction they are pointed (toe end). So if your truck is pulling it probably is not because of your camber, but due to other reasons. If it has been aligned they should correct toe end issues as well. Other reasons could be your tire pressure or maybe even a failing tire, joints etc.

Sorry wandell, was typing when you posted, no need to repeat LOL
fyi i am not going to hold anyone liable. im not gonna come back and blast anyone on here for advice or ideas they give. any decisions i make are MINE

the tires are brand new toyo mts. the alignment shop did rotate them. the guy says its "in the green" or "in spec" but its slightly pulling to the right. he said he doesnt want to adjust the camber because it will wear unevenly. its pulling to the right though so isnt it going to wear unevenly anyhow? it pulled waaaaay to the right after the daystar level was installed (ive had one alignment already). does this mean my truck isnt spec? does the level need to be looked at? should i ask for another adjustment? thanks guys

Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Let the alignment tech drive it and see. Something is a miss.

After I got my 5100's put on the camber was not out but the toe was out. Not sure which way but I thought it strange.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by fordmaster
Let the alignment tech drive it and see. Something is a miss.

After I got my 5100's put on the camber was not out but the toe was out. Not sure which way but I thought it strange.
Now that I think about it, I believe it does make sense that the toe is out. Once the level is installed the angles change on your steering rods, essentially shorting them, this should force the tires outward creating a toe problem.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
yea i got the 2.5" leveling kit also and if u dont get the tires aligned the outside of the tire will start wearing down quick, u will notice it after u go awhile with aligning but yea go get them aligned a soon as u can or u will bold the outside of ur tire quick

Quick Reply: question about camber issues after 2.5 leveling kit