Serious Lift Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yep °°Pat°° , mine is 5.4 4x4....

hmmm , that long travel setup looks great as hell! but now i need to clear my mind about which one i need most , i know am not making my truck a serious dunes runner or hill climb shooter , but each Rize 8in kit and the compagnie kit has it's own pros and cons....interesting....so let's search

Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
thanks for the helps guys

Old 02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the Rough Country RCX stuff?

Any word on those kits. They seem to be on Ebay quite a bit and for alot less money as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rough...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by F_ast

Any word on those kits. They seem to be on Ebay quite a bit and for alot less money as well.

no way over a rize kit.... 8" rize IMO on 37s and regear to 4.88s

Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I know it is not a necessity to re-gear when lifting, but it is a recommendation. But how much noticeable performance is lost and how much additional strain are you putting on the drive train if you run your stock 3.73's?

This is directed at both 6" and 8" lifts. recommend re-gear for both?

Old 02-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by rednoved
I would get the Rize over the Fabtech. The Fabtech is popular because it is more practical for most of us that use our trucks as daily drivers or if they are on a tighter budget. It clears 35s, and look good on it, so no need to regear.
hmm guess this answers some of my Q's i want to lift my truck it is my daily drive truck

its an 08 f150 HD \

You sure u dont need to regear for 6" on 35's ur the first guy i read that has said that

Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 PM
mana f150

You sound like you're going to use your truck pretty much like me, just a weekend toy. I went with the 6"procomp stage 1 and a 2.5" spacer. 37's fit with ease. It's much cheaper then the Fabtech w/ coilovers and rize. If I had to do it over I'd probably do a Rize though just b/c of the CV angles.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Darkyst
hmm guess this answers some of my Q's i want to lift my truck it is my daily drive truck

its an 08 f150 HD \

You sure u dont need to regear for 6" on 35's ur the first guy i read that has said that
You can regear for 35s. It's not really needed until you get over that. 37's is the size most people talk about regearing.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by F_ast

hmm , i saw this kit , but i don't know , I belive in the saying "You get what you pay" , and they are little cheap...right? am not saying it's a bad kit...

Originally Posted by HighOn22's
mana f150

You sound like you're going to use your truck pretty much like me, just a weekend toy. I went with the 6"procomp stage 1 and a 2.5" spacer. 37's fit with ease. It's much cheaper then the Fabtech w/ coilovers and rize. If I had to do it over I'd probably do a Rize though just b/c of the CV angles.
you guessted it right , right now since my truck is stock , i somtimes drive it work or to supermarkets and here & there , but am not planing to drive it in the city more becasue i have smaller car which easier in parking , only use this truck for hualing my quad when going to dunes on weekend or when going for little dunes trip on weekend (light duty use's )

I guess a long-travel shocks on a 8"lift whould be enought for me , do they make aftermarket rear shocks? i belive Fox make...any ideas?

Old 02-28-2009, 07:37 AM
if money isn't an issue, wanna lift my truck too?

Old 02-28-2009, 09:19 AM
When talking about regearing, a lot of people forget that a lot depends on how you use your truck. The two biggest question are how tall of a tire are you using and how do you use your truck. For instance, I have 35's and stock 3.55 gears. I get away with this because it's a daily driver and I never tow/haul anything heavy. If I did, I would have stuck with 33's or regeared.
Most people can get away with 35's and the oem gears but with 37's you need to regear.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
When talking about regearing, a lot of people forget that a lot depends on how you use your truck. The two biggest question are how tall of a tire are you using and how do you use your truck. For instance, I have 35's and stock 3.55 gears. I get away with this because it's a daily driver and I never tow/haul anything heavy. If I did, I would have stuck with 33's or regeared.
Most people can get away with 35's and the oem gears but with 37's you need to regear.
good point , now to be honest with you , am not really sure about the tire size am going to use with the lift kit , but last time i checked the tire shop he said he have everything , but let's first buy the wheels and lift and see what size he have...i know am getting the biggest ones , but i should know their size to gear it right....

and ZeroDormancy , lol let me first finnish mine , then i will do yours

and do you guys know from where i can buy the solid axle swap? i had found few information at this site

http://www.ntwonline.com/

also what do you guys think about this clutch kit? am going to hual 1 quad in the back , but i love horspower

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...Q5fAccessories

this summer will be very nice! specially when parts starts to arrive!

Quick Reply: Serious Lift Question