Should I put AS kit on my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I put AS kit on my truck?

This is my first post. I am no auto pro and would like some info before I put this kit on my truck. I just received my 2.5 AS kit in the mail. Is there any reason I should not put it on? I have a grill guard, so would the addition of spacers and the weight of the grill guard cause any unneccessary future damage to anything? The directions say to adjust the headlights after installation, does anybody do this? Is it important to torque to exact specs or do people just tighten bolts as tight as they can (Is a torque wrench neccessary?)? I am new at this, so your support would be appreciated.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:27 AM
do it! ive got a 2.5" AS on my fx4, with a grille guard- no problems... you should adjust your headlights- i havent yet...on night drives, i may get one or two people flash hi's at me... torque- yes, tighten them to spec- elsewise, on bumps, the front suspension will clank... are you doing the install- or are you taking it to a local shop? also, make sure you get a front end alignment after install-

Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 AM
... are you doing the install- or are you taking it to a local shop?
A friend of mine who has done this before was going to do the work and I to assist. Is it best to take it to a local shop? What is the likely price a local shop would charge for the install? Thanks for the info!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 AM
if you've got the tools, and a friend who's done it- great- grab a 12er, and git'r'done! if not, take it to a shop- takes about an hour to an hour and a half so 60-90 bucks average...

Old 09-15-2006, 10:37 AM
I had the 2" AS kit installed at my local Ford dealership. THey also re-aimed the headlights and did a complete 4 wheel thrust alignment.

Total came to $304.00.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by Mark05KR
I had the 2" AS kit installed at my local Ford dealership. THey also re-aimed the headlights and did a complete 4 wheel thrust alignment.

Total came to $304.00.
The FORD DEALER did the installation? Isn't this kit known to cause problems with ball joints?? Doesn't the AS kit void the warranty??

I'd love to level my '06 Screw but I'm afraid of doing damage down the road. What's the best way to level my truck? I'm not looking for anything too extreme... I'd like it level with maybe 33" BFG's (at the most) on the stock 17's.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I just had my 2.5 Auto Spring installed on my truck a couple days ago and had it aligned. I am very happy with the outcome and I am glad I decided to do it. It looks 100% better and I could not be happier. Before, my front end was very low but now look. I dont' have a picture of the "before" look.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=8362

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2006, 06:02 PM
excellent- it lloks so much better levelled out imo! way to go

Quick Reply: Should I put AS kit on my truck?