Best 3" lift for 2wd 04F150 NewBody

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best 3" lift for 2wd 04F150 NewBody

04 F150 4.6 NewBody Style 2wd

Just wondering what the best way to lift my truck would be. Im only looking for 3". I hear some say add a leaf's.... others say block's....some say shackles.... what's the best way to lift the front? I wanna do it as cheap as possible money wise....... but I dont want the finsihed result to be "cheap". I just wanna know the best way to get her up 3"s with out spending an arm and a leg. Any links to certain web sites would be appreciated as well.

tom

Old 08-28-2006, 10:03 PM
do a 2.5 autospring up front and add a leaf in the back. will cost around the same maybe a bit more but its worth it. bodylifts are a pain in the A$$ and they just dont look good IMO. exaust hangs lower...hitch hangs lower...you lose all the strength in the bumpers because of cheap braketry...too much frame showing under body...the list goes on. i had one on my previouse truck and id never do it again

Old 08-28-2006, 10:19 PM
my truck

I am waiting on the ready lift coil spacer kit from lagunaspeed.com. it is supposed to level my 150, but that is to be seen. I will post pics and installation stuff when I am finished installing. keep me posted as to what you did.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Anyone know what the price of a Add-a-Leaf, and 2.5 CoilOver's will run?

Nice looking truck Adam06FX4..... She look's real sharp!

Are there any other mod's I'll need to do for a 3" lift. Shock's, tierods, anything like that have to be upgraded as well?

Thanks for the info, so far..... How about those leveling kit's they sell on ebay? are they worth a *****..... I see where some guy's have used them, but I'd think that would cause a little ex-tra stress on the Suspension??

Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most leveling kits (Daystar, Autospring, Skyjacker, etc) run around $100. Also, 2.5 inches appears to be the limit up front. As for the back, a set of 2 or 3 inch lift blocks will be around $40.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Only way to get full 3".....no problem

Just take a look at my pics and see how I got my 4x2 raised 3". Piece of cake and personally I just don't trust those levelers. I have one of those 2 3/4" aluminum billet ones for sale if you want to go that route.

The benefits of installing a coilover from a 4x4 FX4 are just too great in my mind.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by YaMon
Just take a look at my pics and see how I got my 4x2 raised 3". Piece of cake and personally I just don't trust those levelers. I have one of those 2 3/4" aluminum billet ones for sale if you want to go that route.

The benefits of installing a coilover from a 4x4 FX4 are just too great in my mind.

dude were do u go ( riding ) (bike) wise lol i just sold my banshee morphine with a monster t up front with dual 24s lol and couldnt find anywere to ride and i see ur got huge duals like a bullet and some giant dh bike? just wondering?

daver

Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I ride a Dare.....

and my buddy from Jamaica rode the Bullit. You can usually find me at Alafia, but the pics were taken in Brevard a few weeks ago when we all got together and did some serious riding. The Dare is not too bad....around 34-36 pounds. I live for the downhills and dropoffs now.

Thinking of picking up a singlespeed to see what all the hoopla is all about. Except mine aint gonna be one of those light jobbers. There are some great delas on those '04 Mountain Cycle Rumble's now.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by YaMon
and my buddy from Jamaica rode the Bullit. You can usually find me at Alafia, but the pics were taken in Brevard a few weeks ago when we all got together and did some serious riding. The Dare is not too bad....around 34-36 pounds. I live for the downhills and dropoffs now.

Thinking of picking up a singlespeed to see what all the hoopla is all about. Except mine aint gonna be one of those light jobbers. There are some great delas on those '04 Mountain Cycle Rumble's now.

u got an account of www.freeridesouth.com?

daver

Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Been on that site a few times....

I go on MTBR more often. Santiago, the owner of Atlantic Bike is a good friend of mine. Suppose to stay with me here in Tampa one of these days to ride Alafia. He invited me down to Peru for a wicked ride up and around Macchu Pichu, but could not make it. I would love to do that ride one day.

So what you riding now ???

Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 PM
im in the mist of building up the biggest baddest hucking bikes to man.... lol

banshee scream with a super monster on dual 24 atomlabs.......... deity all over....... sram gearing..hope brakes and dunno wut to put for a shock yet maybe a avalanche.....with anti bottoming out...... ........i only got the frame and fork and wheels oooo and the hubs are chris kings...

Old 09-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I was in Miami for awhile.....

You are nuts to have bike here like that, you must ride Santos because that is the only place to ride a bike like that.

I am about to pick up a Rumble single speed. I hope that all the things I hear about SS is true.

If these people only knew how much we spend on a bicycle they would think we are nuts. Hell, $5,000 is not out of line.......

Last edited by YaMon; 09-02-2006 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 09-02-2006, 09:59 PM
damn, and to think I am all proud of my Gary Fisher with disc brakes......

Old 09-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Damn.... Thought this was a site for F150. ( The Ford Truck's) Guess I need to check out a Mountain Bike Forum to see how and what I need to do for a lift on a TRUCK!

Gary Fisher

Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 AM
damn..whats that about Banshee Screams?I have one too,haha !
heres a pic

Quick Reply: Best 3" lift for 2wd 04F150 NewBody