SuperCrew

Ordering advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2000, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ordering advise

I 'm considering ordering a 2001 Supercrew 2wd. I wanted to get a XLT, however the 2wd XlT's have that ugly grill plus no fender flares. I considered geeting a Lariat however I can't get my prefered color (silver) and the tires are a strange size of 275/60R17. I don't like being limited to one or two tire replacment options. My question is as follows;
i) Assume I get the Lariat (I'd choose black), and lets say I want to put a diffrent tire size on (265/70SR17) is there a way to change the calibration without too many headaches?
ii) Assume I get the XLT, what would a different grill and fender flares cost?

Any help would be great.

Old 06-18-2000, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure about the tire size; but I would advise against adding the wheel well flares. I added them to my 97XL and it was quite a job. In addition to drilling holes for the nylon inserts that the flares screw into, you must also drill several holes on the outside of the well that studs press into. There also not cheap, about $75 each.
I went with the Lariat on my new SuperCrew, to get everything I wished I'd gotten on my 97..

------------------
2001 SuperCrew Lariat4x2
Amazon Green Med Parchment Captains Chairs
Rear sliding Window MoonRoof Tow package
3.55 LSD / Mods: Line-X http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...0097&a=5743197

[This message has been edited by John in Cal (edited 06-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by John in Cal (edited 06-18-2000).]

Old 06-18-2000, 11:17 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info and the Pics. Looks v good. While your in Cal I'm in Manitoba where the tow hooks and fog lights might be required in winter. It looks to me as thought the 2wd & 4wd bumpers are identical excluding the plastic at the bottom. I wonder If I could simply order a 4wd bottom peice and bolt it on and then buy the tow hooks and bolt them on?
Regards

Old 06-19-2000, 10:14 AM
I ordered a 2wd XLT last week, I didn't realize I wasn't getting the mesh grill, I am bummed out. Is it feasible to change the grills?, or should I just bite the bullett and enjoy the rest of the vehicle??

Old 06-19-2000, 02:37 PM
Wizard22usa,
If you just ordered your XLT you might be able to cahnge your oreder and get the mesh grill

Old 06-19-2000, 06:03 PM
Diamond Dave
I would get the color you want and then add to the truck the grill, fender flaires,etc. especially if you are not sure you want black. I was under the same circumstance as you because I wanted leather seats I bought a Lariet. I love the truck and Black is a great looking truck when it is clean but it will show swirls and it will be hard to keep clean. My wife loves the black truck because I keep it clean.

Good Luck,
Tim

Old 06-19-2000, 11:26 PM
I would get the color I wanted th3e rest is alot cheaper to add. I would talk to the dealer and ask if he has a perfered source for after market parts. After market fender flares will be alot easier to install.

jberwin

------------------
F150 4x4 XLT Supercrew 5.4 3.55LS 17"wheels medium graphite interior skid plates tow package

Old 07-08-2000, 04:16 AM
Diamond Dave,I got Lariat because I liked the
grille better and had equipment wife wanted
(keyless entry keypad and leather). I would
price just the grile and surround mldg. and see what it would cost. Anyone in parts could
tell you. I wasn't worried about odd size tires( by the time you need new ones other truck manufacturers will also be using it), but didn't like the fact that the lariat has
NO choice of wheels(don't really like those 17" steel ones) while the XLT has choice of
3 different aluminum ones.

Quick Reply: Ordering advise