SuperCrew

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Control

I have been without my cruise control now for 2 months. The dealer told me I would receive a letter from Ford when the new component came in. Does anyone know how long it takes? I'm getting concerned that they have forgotten me.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
you're waiting for Ford to tell you the part is at the dealer?

The dealer should be calling you to tell you the part is in. If they did it properly, they would have ordered the part and have your name attached to the backorder. Apparently they didnt. They probably got a bunch of new parts in and just gave them to the first truck owners to walk in.

Call your dealler and complain.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
There's another thread out here somewhere, do a search. Ford has back up the date for the parts replacements in all the cruise switches. I can't remember the timetable, but it's after the first of the year for sure.
I went for an oil change the other day and asked to have the switch replaced while I was there. They said unless there is evidence of leakage around the electrical switch on the end of the brake booster Ford told them not to replace them until sufficient parts are in stock. The few units they have are to be used for emergency (leakage) only.

Of course, a tiny squirt of brake fluid around the under side of the switch where it enters the booster could convince them to replace it ASAP.

note:mine got replace that morning.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:02 AM

I got a notice saying their were still waiting on enough replacements to fix all the vehicles. I think it said the change went to late january or february. They sent me a notice because i still havent gone in to get it turned off. And im not going to, just going in when they can fix it.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I received a card in the mail last week from Ford, telling me that Ford wont have the part in before Feb-2006. They told me to call the local stealer in Feb. to make an appt for the fix. Meanwhile, I just pulled the connector off the switch and am doing without cruise for now. My truck sits in my attached garage, and I dont take chances with fire.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Two weeks ago, Phil Long Ford of Denver, Colorado called me to tell me the Cruise Control parts were in - because I was one of the first persons to take my truck in, I was the first to get the new parts. They were installed two weeks ago. All works fine and now I don't have to worry about my house and garage burning to the ground! Call and tell the dealership that Phil Long in Denver has the parts "So why don't you!" - that might get them going. Good Luck. Mert

Old 12-20-2005, 06:29 PM
I got that same note saying that the time frame would be in Feb. I brought my truck in for service today and they had the part and changed it out today.!!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
I took my truck in over a month ago for a mis-fire and while it was there they did the cruise control fix for me.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:55 AM

Got mine fixed today as well. Even though i recieved the letter telling you about the wait till feb 06.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dealers have been allocated a small number of the fused jumper harnesses for 05S28. Widespread availability of the harnesses should be no later than Feb. '06. Check with your dealer.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I received a letter saying to wait until Feb 06, so I hooked back up my cruise control...

Maybe I'll swing by the stealership and see if they can do it now.

--KingJR

Quick Reply: Cruise Control