SuperCrew

Headlights for my '01 Screw

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights for my '01 Screw

A few months ago I changed out my headlights for the PIAA super whites. Not very impressed with the improvement. I thought it was barely noticeable. Now to add insult to injury, the right burned out last week (still on just very very dim) and today I noticed the left one is burned out also. Just got a big raise last month so I figure I'll bite the bullet and get a Xenearc HID kit. Much to my dismay, they apparently were discontinued and put on huge discounts a few months ago and now I can't find any!

Anybody know where to get them or am I a day late and a dollar short? I've tried Ebay and a few search engines with no luck. What are my other options?

Old 07-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep... they are discontinued and, as I hear, difficult to find now. Too bad I already moved my set via the f150online.com classifieds...

Might try these resources... I found them after a quick Google...

http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/...ghts-x2010.htm

http://www.ecarboutique.com/accessor...PARTMENT_ID=52

Google Search Results for "Xenarc" "Ford"

G'luck! You're going to love them if you can find a set... I REALLY miss them...

RP

Old 07-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the links. I had seen the brightlights one before but $900 is a rip off! The other one looks decent, but I was really hoping to find one last one at the closeout price around $400. I'll keep looking with the $600 deal in the back of my mind, but that is a little harder to swallow knowing I need new shocks, want to lower the front 2", want a rear swaybar etc. etc. I know the headlights could be justified as a safety item and should take precedence over the suspension components, but if you see the way I drive the suspension upgrades could be called safety improvements too!

Any other options?

Old 07-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Good luck. I have had mine for 4 years, and I wouldn't get rid of them for anything. You may look into working out a deal on those plus the auxiliary driving lights for your fog lights, if you have them. The places may work you some sort of package deal. I'm about to post pictures of my installation of the aux. driving lights up in the King Ranch forum. Take a peak later tonight.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't have the fog lights on my truck. I would really want to do the headlights first.

On the other hand, due to availability would I be just as happy to get a set of bright white bulbs (ones that last more than 3 months) and projector lenses for my mains and get the HID driving lights instead? I just want more light! Current headlights look a little foggy, probably from being sandblasted on Houston freeways! I really like the look of clear headlights compared to the older style.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Just ordered a set of Xenarc's from suvlights.com. Kind of cheesy website and they only accept paypal, but they were the only ones I could find in stock at a reasonable price. Also ordered a set of APC clear corners and LED bulbs for the front and the rear. Suckers are pricey, but I really like the look of the LED's. Looks like I'll have to wait another month or so on that rear sway bar!

Old 07-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Silverstars are pretty nice I run them in my Wrangler as well.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by Cross
Just ordered a set of Xenarc's from suvlights.com. Kind of cheesy website and they only accept paypal, but they were the only ones I could find in stock at a reasonable price. Also ordered a set of APC clear corners and LED bulbs for the front and the rear. Suckers are pricey, but I really like the look of the LED's. Looks like I'll have to wait another month or so on that rear sway bar!

Make sure you post some picts of your install so we can all see.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Just talked to the vendor. Seems ok. Sounds like a home based business on the side though. He only has two left, and I just bought one. If anybody is interested grab it now. After all the google and yahoo searching, I only found 2 places that still had it www.ecarboutique.com and they want $600. www.suvlights.com wanted $444 plus shipping. Bright lights was around $450, but the website says they are sold out also. I went cheap on shipping so I probably won't get everything until next week. I try to post some photos once everything is in.

Quick Reply: Headlights for my '01 Screw